Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here we go with "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" about the 3L. People, have you never in your life seen something with a defect? It is an absolute marvel of modern manufacturing process engineering that they're able to build so many of these SUPER complicated assemblies we call an engine and so few actually blow up...
Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here we go with "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" about the 3L. People, have you never in your life seen something with a defect? It is an absolute marvel of modern manufacturing process engineering that they're able to build so many of these SUPER complicated assemblies we call an engine and so few actually blow up...
I agree. How the warranty process is handled is far more important in my opinion than if there is a defect. As long as they swap in a new one, and maybe toss in an extended warranty then I see no issues with this. There are so many of these things that get produced that statistically a couple will have issues.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. How the warranty process is handled is far more important in my opinion than if there is a defect. As long as they swap in a new one, and maybe toss in an extended warranty then I see no issues with this. There are so many of these things that get produced that statistically a couple will have issues.
Exactly.

I mean I feel for the guy, but some manufacturing defects are inevitable.

I'm sure if he decides he doesn't want that B-Raptor anymore someone would take it off his hands in a hot second...

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is a site that details this info ..... You can look at almost every brand and every model and there are always a handful of Major engine failures in first 5K miles

https://www.carcomplaints.com/

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was wondering about that too.
Towing one axle down w/ the Advanced 4x4 could shell the transfercase, he should ask for a new one of those also.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope , I’d tell them You want a factory new one… not one with a new motor dropped in at the dealer. I wouldn’t feel good about that big of an issue on an 80+- vehicle.
Might as well request a one-off with a 1000hp 2JZ and methane while you're at it

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford obviously has some serious quality control issues. Friend had the 2.7 in the Wildtrack replaced along with transmission at 90 miles. Her's is being lemon lawed, buy back.

I would push hard for a buy back. At the very least 8 years warranty. Un acceptable to have engine failure with this few miles.
i think people are very quick have knee jerk reactions with this type of stuff. realistically, all cars can have issues like this. my brother has owned 3 hyundai's (last gen sonata, last gen santa fe, and current gen pallisade). both last gen's had electrical issues within 500km. both last gens needed engine replacements, cracked head on one and bearings on the other. these aren't cars that are pushed hard or excessive mileage. sometimes defects come up with a part failure and it can affect a few cars in the thousands that are produced. it's unfortunate, but no automaker is immune to it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Towing one axle down w/ the Advanced 4x4 could shell the transfercase, he should ask for a new one of those also.
if it was Fords towing request, I would be submitting that pic to replace the transfer case, freaking lazy tow operator.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CN72

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
850+ Days and still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ehh... first of probably many issues to pop up on such a specialty vehicle!

Try to get the longest and best warranty for free from Ford...
And unlimited loaner cars for the life of your Raptor ownership.

But I truly hope this is your only issue with your new ride! It's truly a bummer and I would be besides myself.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are both correct. I love when people start to complain about stuff like this. I used to work for an electrical wholesaler. One of our lighting reps came in and we asked how average life of bulbs is determined. He said that they turn on about 10,000 of them and when the 5000th bulb goes out, that is the average life. The rest could last for 100 years and it would make no difference. Some go out immediately and others only last a few minutes or hours. Not all are perfect. I know engines are much more complicated than light bulbs, but the concept is still the same. Also, lots more light bulbs have been made than engines.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nope , I’d tell them You want a factory new one… not one with a new motor dropped in at the dealer. I wouldn’t feel good about that big of an issue on an 80+- vehicle.
Unfortunately you don't generally just get to pick wanting a new one. Ford has an obligation to fix it, but thats it. Short of repair, its generally a process to get it declared a Lemon under a state's Lemon laws as you have to prove repeated issues and issue warnings to the dealer in writing first.

Even then, there aren't many extra Braptors laying around to swap it out with. You'd likely be looking at a refund and the dealer would probably be able to fix it and resell it for more to the next person.

It would be a perfectly normal expectation to get a free extended warranty out of this situation though. Just to make up for the inconvenience.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i think people are very quick have knee jerk reactions with this type of stuff. realistically, all cars can have issues like this. my brother has owned 3 hyundai's (last gen sonata, last gen santa fe, and current gen pallisade). both last gen's had electrical issues within 500km. both last gens needed engine replacements, cracked head on one and bearings on the other. these aren't cars that are pushed hard or excessive mileage. sometimes defects come up with a part failure and it can affect a few cars in the thousands that are produced. it's unfortunate, but no automaker is immune to it.
You do know Ford Hired a Executive Director of Quality this year. Was brought in to fix quality issues that Farley promised he was going to fix in 2020.
Sponsored