First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The geometry on the rear links is the same. The only difference are the pivots. This will come to a head with ford and Dana at some point. I’ve contacted Dana and it’s in the works. I’ve also reached out to Currie, and Camberg. Nothing as of yet is available for purchase.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not excusing bad axle plug welds, but when did 37's become 33s? Maybe in terms of style, but 37s used to be considered large tires, often worthy of upgraded axles. I think some people are pushing it with stock axles and the ever increasing tires sizes.
This is just my thoughts but yes you’re right to ask that. I think of my 4Runner for example. It came on 30’s and it was the dream to run 35’s. I think it was every 4Runner owner’s dream to run 35’s. Now the majority are on 35’s and I even follow some accounts on 37’s. Axles never an issue. The Bronco is released on 33’s, and 35’s as an option, a promoted option. Immediately I think 37’s should be easy. Hell the Raptor comes with 37’s so should me running 37’s really be that much of a difference? I’ve changed about everything else there is on the truck with exception to axles. I did not expect to have my axle bend and warp from a general trail when I see Ig accounts like Chase Gentry launching his Bronco full fucking send and no issues. And I know I’m not the only one who thinks like me on this

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should the Kraken be summoned? Not much different than ADMs on Reservation Holders.
37s are the new 33s and are not the reason this happened. Burden of proof lay with the manufacture.
Most of the ones that are mentioned started with 35’s not 33’s. Sasquatch come stock with 35’s but 37’s won’t add the much more stress in the axle from a 35 to 37 on these axles.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been on 37s since 1200 miles, have wheeled locally, and done Bronco safari in Moab...and some tough trails...zero issues. I leave rear locker on when I leave pavement and never shut it off till we hit pavement again (and one time I forgot)...this simply shouldn't happen plain and simple
Something is amiss here. We are in the third MY and I’ve never seen this until at least 4 or 5 stories in the last month. Has this happened to any MY21 or MY22 broncos?

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t disagree but Ford also promotes modding the Bronco. The fender liners are engraved with “lift me baby.” Maybe they were being ironic and didn’t mean it literally.
Starting to think that refers to the hoist in the service bay.

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m smelling some bs from the dealer. Have you tried contacting Ford?
I work for a dealer that owns a ford store. After taking it to my local ford store and them denying me anything, it’s now at my company’s ford store if that makes sense. So I’m waiting to see what/if anything they can do for me before I go that route.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is just my thoughts but yes you’re right to ask that. I think of my 4Runner for example. It came on 30’s and it was the dream to run 35’s. I think it was every 4Runner owner’s dream to run 35’s. Now the majority are on 35’s and I even follow some accounts on 37’s. Axles never an issue. The Bronco is released on 33’s, and 35’s as an option, a promoted option. Immediately I think 37’s should be easy. Hell the Raptor comes with 37’s so should me running 37’s really be that much of a difference? I’ve changed about everything else there is on the truck with exception to axles. I did not expect to have my axle bend and warp from a general trail when I see Ig accounts like Chase Gentry launching his Bronco full fucking send and no issues. And I know I’m not the only one who thinks like me on this
Does the Raptor with 37s have any updates to the axle? If the Raptor axle assembly is same as the non-Raptor Broncos, then yes you'd think 37s shouldn't be that much of a stretch. Or maybe Ford is pushing closer to the edge with these larger tires, and we don't have the same overage fudge factor we used to have on some older vehicles.

One thing about the "35s" on the Sas, I picked up some takeoffs for my Bronco (if it ever arrives) and those tires are on the lighter side in terms of weight, and actually seem a bit small in size for 315/75R17. I bet they will be easier on the axle compared to some of the heavier 35's out there, and maybe that's a reason Ford uses them.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Raptor was given a Dana 50 for the 37's.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck getting it sorted. If I'm paying out of pocket for something like this, I'm looking at another option. Makes me think skipping the extended warranty was the right move 🤠
Square it up and weld it up. If you haven't broken yet but know you play hard, it's going to be easier to weld it before it breaks and skip the squaring part.

Until you start seeing broken R&P or shafts I don't see a reason to lose ground clearance with a D60.

2_25_12_009.sized.jpg

OP
OP
kgolive

kgolive

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Raptor with 37s have any updates to the axle? If the Raptor axle assembly is same as the non-Raptor Broncos, then yes you'd think 37s shouldn't be that much of a stretch. Or maybe Ford is pushing closer to the edge with these larger tires, and we don't have the same overage fudge factor we used to have on some older vehicles.

One thing about the "35s" on the Sas, I picked up some takeoffs for my Bronco (if it ever arrives) and those tires are on the lighter side in terms of weight, and actually seem a bit small in size for 315/75R17. I bet they will be easier on the axle compared to some of the heavier 35's out there, and maybe that's a reason Ford uses them.
Great point. Have you driven a raptor? The build quality is nothing like the traditional full size bronco. Almost as if it wasn’t even made by the same company. My bronco feels very fiesta’ish. I didn’t post to hate in Ford. I just want to make others aware before they going following my logic and bump to 37’s.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Square it up and weld it up. If you haven't broken yet but know you play hard, it's going to be easier to weld it before it breaks and skip the squaring part.

Until you start seeing broken R&P or shafts I don't see a reason to lose ground clearance with a D60.

Ford Bronco Update: Rear Axle Tube  - 1200 Miles Warranty Covered 2_25_12_009.sized
This, but if the tube is bent as mentioned, that's a whole new variable that would have me looking into another option. $.02

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, but if the tube is bent as mentioned, that's a whole new variable that would have me looking into another option. $.02
Fair enough, but it can be squared with heat then trussed. Better of course to prevent the twist and in turn prevent the bend.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer is not qualified to identify the cause. They can just see what's happening. The only extra torque that the axle should see from larger tires would be when the brakes are applied.
I expect the only way to identify exactly what the problem is would be to pull the entire axle.
I would push for Ford to cover it. The dealer isn't making any sense.
i.e. how did they measure warpness? How did they measure a twist?
Sponsored