Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I
Dang Three Hills, why so bitter? Lol
….I dunno about “bitter”, just having been in Sales myself for the past 22 years, I know if my company treated my customers the way Ford has been treating us, I would send my clients down the road to the competition. In fact, I have done exactly that at past companies (after trying several other remedies - including going right to top brass). Ultimately, I left those companies for ones that better shared my customer service values.

UncleCarl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco :|
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s great news. I’d be driving down to the dealer to have that conversation in person with the GM. That’s unacceptable.

OP
OP

Broncomon

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update 2: thanks again everyone, looks like I'm getting my First Edition after all. I don't know that I would have dug further if not for y'all and the info some of you dug up. For someone who is a life long Bronco lover, your help means a lot.

I've been on the phone with the dealer this morning after emailing the owner last night. The dealer reached out to Ford first thing this morning (even before I called) and after some back and forth, confirmed that the Bronco was built and is awaiting a part before delivered. I know there has been a bunch of suspicion of the dealer on the thread but it genuinely sounds like it was a misunderstanding or lack of info.

Lots of gratitude for the 6g community!

jimmyu

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Update 2: thanks again everyone, looks like I'm getting my First Edition after all. I don't know that I would have dug further if not for y'all and the info some of you dug up. For someone who is a life long Bronco lover, your help means a lot.

I've been on the phone with the dealer this morning after emailing the owner last night. The dealer reached out to Ford first thing this morning (even before I called) and after some back and forth, confirmed that the Bronco was built and is awaiting a part before delivered. I know there has been a bunch of suspicion of the dealer on the thread but it genuinely sounds like it was a misunderstanding or lack of info.

Lots of gratitude for the 6g community!
I’m glad that it worked out for you.

Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s great news. I’d be driving down to the dealer to have that conversation in person with the GM. That’s unacceptable.
Misunderstandings happen. No point going down all fired up and then just making things worse lol.

I

….I dunno about “bitter”, just having been in Sales myself for the past 22 years, I know if my company treated my customers the way Ford has been treating us, I would send my clients down the road to the competition. In fact, I have done exactly that at past companies (after trying several other remedies - including going right to top brass). Ultimately, I left those companies for ones that better shared my customer service values.
I guess I haven’t felt that I’ve been treated poorly but I also came in expecting to be a ‘22. So getting a ‘21 is a bonus. Sure my build date has been pushed more time than can be counted on 2 hands but I’m not in need of a vehicle, just a want for me.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This 100% sounds like a shady dealer thing. They should have had no problem finding out from Ford what the status of your First Edition was. I speculate they wanted you to cancel your order and then they'd be able to sell YOUR First Edition for handfuls of cash. Once you discovered that yours was already built, the gig was up. Feels sketchy to me

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hope it works out for you but I see an ADM being thrown out there when it does arrive!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hope it works out for you but I see an ADM being thrown out there when it does arrive!
Hopefully that discussion already occurred as well, because if they throw ADM at it after we already caught them acting shady, then they deserve the reaction that would predictably follow from this community.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This 100% sounds like a shady dealer thing. They should have had no problem finding out from Ford what the status of your First Edition was. I speculate they wanted you to cancel your order and then they'd be able to sell YOUR First Edition for handfuls of cash. Once you discovered that yours was already built, the gig was up. Feels sketchy to me
Guess you have not read the threads.... go read #139

Sponsored

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, I didn’t pay much less for my fully loaded badlands. If your getting a lot of goodies, the first addition was a good way to go.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Could've been an honest mistake....however, the idea that you were told to make a decision on alternatives within two days gives me pause - why the rush? Just all seems a little questionable...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could've been an honest mistake....however, the idea that you were told to make a decision on alternatives within two days gives me pause - why the rush? Just all seems a little questionable...
Sorry, but this just smells wrong when you look at what happened.

1. They told him that his VIN was CANX
2. The gave him very specific options
3. They limited his time to respond/research
4. Of the 3 options, 1 was cancel??? Cancel what?

No, this was shady dealer action. This New Mexico dealer knows who they are... How much you want to bet that he's not the only example of this at this dealership. We'll see soon enough.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got the call from the dealer that my First Edition won't be built despite getting a VIN earlier this year. I'm told Ford gave the dealer 3 options for me 1. To be first in line for a MY22 (not FE). 2. To be first in line for a Raptor for which there are 0 details, or 3. Cancel all together.

Needless to say as a first day reservation holder for my FE I'm disappointed as last I heard my Bronco would be delivered in November. Heck, I've even been driving by the dealership to see if it arrived early.

What would y'all do if put in my shoes? I'm told I have until Friday.
Raptor if I could afford it might be 85K, but then again we have all heard Ford's promises before. What does first really mean. It has meant nothing in some cases such as yours. First Edition means you reserved in the first hour and pushed to 22 with the games that have been played I would just get the first one I could in 22 Badlands loaded is basically a FE without the badging and leather. The vinyl in the badlands is pretty nice. But, if you don't mind waiting the Raptor sure to have some extra's you can't on any other model, but are you looking at 23,24?
Too many unknowns in my book to wait for the Raptor $$, options, build dates. Ford still has 100K reservations and dealer stock to fill anyone think they will rush to build the raptor? I would think they would save the Raptor until the momentum starts to fade on current models.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status