Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were in this situation, I would be letting them know they were totally full of crap and calling Ford ASAP. I also enjoy tagging a company on twitter to see who will send me a PM to solve the problem. It works. (Unless it's FedEx and then they just say they hope I get my package. :LOL: Full disclosure, I actually received a FedEx package on time today. Miraculous.)
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Was not a code 99. I had a build date and VIN but was never shown as built in the Ford site to check that.
1: Ford didn't cancel squat. You have a VIN, so it was in the system.

2: FEs should all be scheduled now, but not all are built. I heard some getting December build weeks. You may not even see a Window Sticker until thanksgiving.

3. The closest you can get to an FE configuration is going to run about $68K (i.e. most identical build + upgrading some accessories to be equally equipped)

I would check to see if you can pull the window sticker for your VIN:
To view your Window Sticker, add your VIN at the end
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Does it show a Window Sticker? If so, it is either built, or will be soon. If not, it doesn't mean it isn't being built, it just means its not in the next two or so weeks.

Bottom line, you have a VIN. That means it hit 'clean' status and is scheduled if it hasn't been already. The dealership is most likely lying to you. With as sketchy as some are, I fear they are trying to scam you out of your FE probably because they got a ridiculous offer or they want it for a 'friend'. Honestly, call Ford customer care to confirm, check the Window Sticker link, and again, unless Ford proper says it was, it wasn't.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad to see how this group went and helped pull up the VIN!!! Ya'all Rock!

First thought that ran through my head reading the OP's post....Trust nobody! Personally, I would have verified with Ford directly....knowing the dealer might want to be getting his slimy dirty hands on that first edition.

Seeing the others pulled up your VIN, the dealer can't promise you a first build of anything to your personal specifications, being your reservation was already used for your FE that is built.
The other line of possible bs the dealer gave - I heard our reservations are no good for the Raptor, anyways? So the "Dealer" can't promise you that either.

Time to look 'em in the eye and call 'em out.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would call Ford to check that information first hand then take a decision based on that information.
I agree with this strategy.
Ford directly
Get in writing
Worst case - craptor

Blk Diamond Cheese2D/2.7/SASQ/MIC/MID/TOW

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First get it in writing from the Dealer. If they know you're on to them, they will fold.... Get evidence. Then, call Ford and send them what the dealer is telling you. If they are messing with you, Ford will step in.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the OP already said here that this VIN floating around is not his, so that's a dead end.

Is the customer care number he can call the same everyone is trying to call to move their res? If so, get on it the second they open up, find out when that is, I think 8am Eastern. Have that number on speed dial on your cell and what ever else phone you might have handy, prepare for a wait, but don't wait until sometime in the morning.

Also maybe message one or two of the trusted dealers on here directly with your VIN, see what they can pull up. Of course, you can also post your VIN here for others to see what they can find, I don't quite get why everyone is so secretive about their VIN, it's right there on the dashboard for anyone to see anyways, not some secret sauce. But maybe zach @ Granger or dealerinsider or flip (I think?) can take a look in what ever system they have, sorry, not sure how to tag them here and don't really want to, should be easy to find. Or anyone else here that has access to the dealer systems can PM the OP direct and take it from there.

I've read that unscheduled FEs got or will be canceled, but if it was already scheduled to be built and shows in production, I find that very doubtful. But I'm also not spinning conspiracies, that's taken plenty a thread here off the tracks lately.

If you're not on Twitter, sign up now and tweet at Levine too, right now. You can always delete your account later. Start with URGENT in capitals and then explain your sit. Can you direct message on Twitter? I rarely use it, but do that too and include your VIN there.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the OP already said here that this VIN floating around is not his, so that's a dead end.

Is the customer care number he can call the same everyone is trying to call to move their res? If so, get on it the second they open up, find out when that is, I think 8am Eastern. Have that number on speed dial on your cell and what ever else phone you might have handy, prepare for a wait, but don't wait until sometime in the morning.

Also maybe message one or two of the trusted dealers on here directly with your VIN, see what they can pull up. Of course, you can also post your VIN here for others to see what they can find, I don't quite get why everyone is so secretive about their VIN, it's right there on the dashboard for anyone to see anyways, not some secret sauce. But maybe zach @ Granger or dealerinsider or flip (I think?) can take a look in what ever system they have, sorry, not sure how to tag them here and don't really want to, should be easy to find. Or anyone else here that has access to the dealer systems can PM the OP direct and take it from there.

I've read that unscheduled FEs got or will be canceled, but if it was already scheduled to be built and shows in production, I find that very doubtful. But I'm also not spinning conspiracies, that's taken plenty a thread here off the tracks lately.

If you're not on Twitter, sign up now and tweet at Levine too, right now. You can always delete your account later. Start with URGENT in capitals and then explain your sit. Can you direct message on Twitter? I rarely use it, but do that too and include your VIN there.
There were two VINs, the one Ahop posted was correct. I would guess that Ahop somehow knew which VIN it was from the OP.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1: Ford didn't cancel squat. You have a VIN, so it was in the system.

2: FEs should all be scheduled now, but not all are built. I heard some getting December build weeks. You may not even see a Window Sticker until thanksgiving.

3. The closest you can get to an FE configuration is going to run about $68K (i.e. most identical build + upgrading some accessories to be equally equipped)

I would check to see if you can pull the window sticker for your VIN:
To view your Window Sticker, add your VIN at the end
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

Does it show a Window Sticker? If so, it is either built, or will be soon. If not, it doesn't mean it isn't being built, it just means its not in the next two or so weeks.

Bottom line, you have a VIN. That means it hit 'clean' status and is scheduled if it hasn't been already. The dealership is most likely lying to you. With as sketchy as some are, I fear they are trying to scam you out of your FE probably because they got a ridiculous offer or they want it for a 'friend'. Honestly, call Ford customer care to confirm, check the Window Sticker link, and again, unless Ford proper says it was, it wasn't.
If you look at his pizza tracker, it was in production on 08/09 - so it definitely had a window sticker.
His delivery date, like mine, is TBD. If you read Ahop's post, I believe he had the correct VIN. I might add that I can't pull up my window sticker, but people who have access to the databases that I don't have access to can pull up my window sticker and can likely pull up the OP's window sticker.

Sponsored

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Was offered something similar (no Vin tho), but it was first in line xplan 22 my, or raptor +10k adm.

So happy about the options...

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't a squatched badlands with the 2.7 and lux package a FE with better interior colors??

Get in line for 22!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were two VINs, the one Ahop posted was correct. I would guess that Ahop somehow knew which VIN it was from the OP.
oh, great, sorry, didn't see that I guess.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you verify it with Ford?