Sponsored

Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he'll never get a Raptor for same price, ever. Nice as that would be.
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Raptor is totally different vehicle. I already have one myself so I'd take the MY22 Badlands fully loaded.

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got the call from the dealer that my First Edition won't be built despite getting a VIN earlier this year. I'm told Ford gave the dealer 3 options for me 1. To be first in line for a MY22 (not FE). 2. To be first in line for a Raptor for which there are 0 details, or 3. Cancel all together.

Needless to say as a first day reservation holder for my FE I'm disappointed as last I heard my Bronco would be delivered in November. Heck, I've even been driving by the dealership to see if it arrived early.

What would y'all do if put in my shoes? I'm told I have until Friday.
Option 4 - call Ford and verify what the dealer told you.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Other than it being called a First Edition, functionally, there was nothing special about it. You can get a similarly equipped WT or BL and be first in line for a MY22. I'd go that route.

$61,000 = $135,000

Nope, nothing special about it at all.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got the call from the dealer that my First Edition won't be built despite getting a VIN earlier this year. I'm told Ford gave the dealer 3 options for me 1. To be first in line for a MY22 (not FE). 2. To be first in line for a Raptor for which there are 0 details, or 3. Cancel all together.

Needless to say as a first day reservation holder for my FE I'm disappointed as last I heard my Bronco would be delivered in November. Heck, I've even been driving by the dealership to see if it arrived early.

Cancel. And if you were buying a Bronco for it’s alleged off road prowess, buy a Wrangler. Otherwise, buy any other non-Ford product.

UncleCarl

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco :|
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

if they’re willing to do this to you for your FE they’ll pull something similar on the Raptor. As many have said, I’d take it to Ford ASAP as something fishy is going on. Your Bronco is likely built and sitting on Dirt Mountain waiting for a new roof.

OP
OP

Broncomon

First Edition
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update.

First of all thanks to the 6g community for the help. Some of you even pm'md me to offer to help behind the scenes which is just awesome.

I took your advice and called Ford this morning (only took 53 minutes to get through). Ford confirmed what many of you suspected... my First Edition has been built and is waiting for a new top.

I asked the rep how Ford could help with the dealer, as the dealer told me the order was canceled. They said they (Ford HQ) need to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and the salesman might have just been confused. I explained it was the floor manager that called me and they admitted that was "unnerving", but that since my vin is assigned to me Ford's system, my vehicle can't be sold out from under me. They further explained how the misunderstanding might have occurred given the constantly changing info on production. Again, benefit of the doubt.

Long story short, Ford put it back on me to deal with the dealership. Emails and phone calls are next. I'll let y'all know what happens.

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

slimy dealer, hope you have a signed purchase agreement, otherwise i see big ADM

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, have you seen this thread? https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...date-in-less-than-5mins-with-ford-chat.26254/

you can enter your vin and chat will tell you what's up, maybe add that to your e-mail or message to the dealer, no way out for them with the cancel story if you have other info directly from Ford.
Seems like you don't need your order number, just VIN in that chat.

Hopefully just a misunderstanding on the dealer's side, but you should be good to go and get your rig soon-ish. Good luck and keep us posted!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Update: resolved in part thanks to this community!...Dealer stated FoMoCo canceled my First Edition (VIN in hand) simpsons-caja

I'd go with the raptor, and flip it after a month if not sooner. Then re order another bronco and have more than enough funds to cover it and still have funds left over.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update.

First of all thanks to the 6g community for the help. Some of you even pm'md me to offer to help behind the scenes which is just awesome.

I took your advice and called Ford this morning (only took 53 minutes to get through). Ford confirmed what many of you suspected... my First Edition has been built and is waiting for a new top.

I asked the rep how Ford could help with the dealer, as the dealer told me the order was canceled. They said they (Ford HQ) need to give the dealer the benefit of the doubt and the salesman might have just been confused. I explained it was the floor manager that called me and they admitted that was "unnerving", but that since my vin is assigned to me Ford's system, my vehicle can't be sold out from under me. They further explained how the misunderstanding might have occurred given the constantly changing info on production. Again, benefit of the doubt.

Long story short, Ford put it back on me to deal with the dealership. Emails and phone calls are next. I'll let y'all know what happens.
WOW!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.