Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What does it mean when he says they are "previewing"? My dealer emailed me yesterday and said mine is "previewing to be selected". What exactly does that mean?
Your chances of winning the lotto are better.
Sponsored

6SpeedBowtie

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Corvette, Sierra, MGB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When will MY22 Production Start? With each passing week, I'm resigning myself to a 2022 Bronco to fulfill my 9AM 7/14 reservation.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many delivery trucks do you average a week?
It all depends on our pipeline of vehicles in production. Currently we have 33 vehicles in-transit to us. Normally all of those will arrive within a 2-3 week window. It makes a difference if we get 1 on a truck versus a whole load of 7 or 8.

2 months ago, we didn't see a truck for a month because of the plant shut downs. In October, we'll have 100+ New Ford's delivered here. Always a moving target!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does it mean when he says they are "previewing"? My dealer emailed me yesterday and said mine is "previewing to be selected". What exactly does that mean?
You'll most likely have a VIN tomorrow.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody knows. Seems like a near impossible feat. But per my post above - Besides them miraculously achieving this, then only other thing that I could think of is this - maybe a portion of the assigned MIC VINs that have been sitting in limbo for a few months are stale configurable builds, based on the current outlook on parts, and will need to be pushed out some. And their spot in line for receiving a MIC top will be handed to a new build that’s cherry picked today based on the current outlook on parts. If Ford has a loophole that they could still build 2021MY into 2022CY for a VIN assigned in 2021, this is certainly a way for them to keep production churning.
There is a way for them to do this. I believe they can run the model year for like 2 years per the rules. I am not 100% sure. I'll look it up and see.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JPMonahasn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the response I got, as expected. Getting ready to send him a screenshot of Zach's preview post and see what he says lol.
Screenshot_20210831-142522_Messages.jpg
Go get a cup of coffee and wait for an email from Ford @ Noon tomorrow. My dealer never communicated and/or found the previews. I hope you get it!!!!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like there is a pretty high percentage of upper trims being churned out. Is that deliberate on Ford’s part to prefer the presumably more profitable models?
No. Most of these are early reservations holders . Most are enthusiasts. Enthusiasts tend to get all the goodies.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many questions. I'll second the reservation timestamp. When were these reserved? It appears clear Ford has worked their way through most day 1-2 reservations based on last weeks production email thread. If you have a 4 door soft top I was seeing many multiples of weeks 2-4 (into august 2020 reservations with some even being Sept 2020). And we all know the reservations were front loaded. Ford is flushing the backlog a LOT faster than people think.

Start the conspiracy that Ford is prioritizing high dollar high margin builds (wildtrack, badlands, lux, SAS, 2.7). This was my thinking all along if push came to shove. All manufactures do this (ask Tesla or GM with the C8). Constrained production has manufactures thinking of their shareholders and grabbing as much margin as they can out of what they can produce. Base or near base models always get de-prioritized.
Not always true considering commodity constraints for the higher-priced builds! Last week's scheduling included a ton of Base and BB with MUCH later reservation dates.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When will MY22 Production Start? With each passing week, I'm resigning myself to a 2022 Bronco to fulfill my 9AM 7/14 reservation.
MY 2022 production begins some time in December.

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to confirm, you had a non-FE with a MIC top scheduled?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ahunter2

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many questions. I'll second the reservation timestamp. When were these reserved? It appears clear Ford has worked their way through most day 1-2 reservations based on last weeks production email thread. If you have a 4 door soft top I was seeing many multiples of weeks 2-4 (into august 2020 reservations with some even being Sept 2020). And we all know the reservations were front loaded. Ford is flushing the backlog a LOT faster than people think.

Start the conspiracy that Ford is prioritizing high dollar high margin builds (wildtrack, badlands, lux, SAS, 2.7). This was my thinking all along if push came to shove. All manufactures do this (ask Tesla or GM with the C8). Constrained production has manufactures thinking of their shareholders and grabbing as much margin as they can out of what they can produce. Base or near base models always get de-prioritized.
While it makes sense to build high margin builds I doubt that is the case here. The high end builds have the so called commodity constraints (sasquatch, 2.7, tow, lux etc.). Granger has said the best way to get a Bronco quickly is a soft top Big Bend. The reason you see high end models being built is this is what customers ordered, not Ford screwing folks ordering lower models. Gosh we live in a society of victims -- don't we?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.