Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I work for a Ford dealership and I definitely have a problem with this and how Ford is doing this.
If a customer is going to have to order directly from Ford there needs to be something in writing that a dealer can not mark a vehicle up over MSRP the customer ordered the vehicle not the dealer. I do not have a problem with a dealer markup over sticker if it was ordered by the dealer for stock but, this is just plain out wrong for this customer. People need to have integrity unfortunately our country doesn’t seem to have much of that anymore. Robbie Smith
agree and well said!

The dealers tat pull this need to be called out. It will serve as a warning to anyone who has an order to try and move it. But also for other products like the Lighting or Maverick to select a dealer that has a history of being transparent about the pricing. Blows my mind becuase Ford is moving in this direction and these dealers adding $$$ are only killing future sales.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just left a 1 star and reported all the 5 star spam ones. I'm bored at work on the clock making overtime. I can do this all day :ROFLMAO:

RobNJ

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No! There is a much better solution if you have an open order right now:

1. Call around to at least 2 or 3 other dealers and find out if any are willing to accept a transfer of you order for MSRP and put it in writing. You will find that they are all happy to do it. DO NOT SHARE WITH THEM WHO YOU ORDER IS CURRENTLY WITH. This will give you the confidence to know you are holding all of the cards and have complete power go through the following steps.

2. Go into the dealership you have the order with and demand a fixed price in writing. Feel free to negotiate financing, trad-in, or other adders that you may want. Do not accept the paint protection, theft protection etching, nitrogen in the tires, or other BS adders.

3. If they don't agree with writing it up, and selling the Bronco for something close to MSRP, ask them if that is their final offer?

3. If you are not happy with their answer, simply so "okay" and walk out. At this point, they may realize that you are going to move your order to another dealer. So, be prepared for them to chase you down before you can leave the parking lot.

4. If you don't end up with everything you want, or are simply pissed off about the situation, go to one of the other dealers and get them to write up your agreed price.

5. Call Ford Customer Service at 1-800-334-4375. After about 45 minutes of hold time, tell the customer service rep that you want to transfer your order to another dealer. No need to tell them why. If asked you can tell them you are moving and want the Bronco delivered to a dealer close to your new home. Not that they care, but the goal is for you to get the deal you want and not focus on screwing the dealer that you are not happy with.

6. That's it! You'll will be able to sleep better knowing that you will be getting you Bronco for the fair price.

By the way, every dealer is scrambling to get and keep orders due to the quota system that Ford has created. So you did actually screw that original dealer, but it was really their own doing. :)

And lastly, if you have a build date, don't wait, as MAP is actually shipping some Broncos early due to the crazy supply chain. Once your Bronco ships, there's no changing dealers!
Is it official, can we now transfer orders to another dealer?
My order is in priority code 99 with this same dealer (DCH)!

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it official, can we now transfer orders to another dealer?
My order is in priority code 99 with this same dealer (DCH)!
Yes you can transfer dealers. Call Ford customer service to do so. Do not call the dealer.

Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This should be considered a valid contract as they had you sign it and they then "ordered" the vehicle. Its implied through their actions that they agreed to the price and by ordering it after you signed. I think a lawyer would clearly settle this quickly
A valid written contract requires agreement by both parties (i.e. signatures by both). I don't think the OP has a valid contact. When I placed my original 21 order, and converted my order to a 22, I got a purchase agreement specifying total cost (including taxes, tags, and fees) with 2-party signatures from my dealership.

Sorry this is happening to the OP, but he didn't protect his end of the deal when he placed the order with the dealership. It doesn't make what the dealer is doing right, but I don't believe he has a leg to stand on legally (I am not a lawyer, though).

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes you can transfer dealers. Call Ford customer service to do so. Do not call the dealer.
Ive called Ford with a code 99 and was told not possible.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I totally get that these dealerships are starving right now with no inventory to sell but when you make an agreement to buy at "X" price then the demand cost should be eaten by dealers and Ford not us. Such crap as I would have put my down payment down a year ago (exp 10%). Just reminds me why have not bought Honda in forever......bad salesmanship. Let me talk to my manager or you need to pay this extra charge because we had to special order. They have not talked with me since March once so I have not cost my dealer any selling time.
I just bought my wife a new 2022 Honda Odyssey Touring and was treated well. They were honest in that there was no wiggle room on MSRP but gave us discounts on the accessories we ordered.

But then again, we are talking about a mini van vs the hottest new SUV to hit the market.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could always throw out the argument to your dealer that not all contracts need to be signed in writing to be enforceable legal contracts. It just makes it harder to go through the process to prove it exists, and a car deal likely isn't worth the customer time and expense to actually fight it

And there could be some time lapse issues to that argument with the length of this particular reservation/order/delivery timeline though

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Complete slim balls.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
A valid written contract requires agreement by both parties (i.e. signatures by both). I don't think the OP has a valid contact.
You could always throw out the argument to your dealer that not all contracts need to be signed in writing to be enforceable legal contracts.
The dealers and salesmen know exactly what they can legally get away with. They also have a good idea that most people thought their word along with that paperwork was good enough.

I'm going to try to get a purchase agreement in the next few days, my builds starts in a few weeks. Hope I don't have to try and switch dealers, I'm also in NJ but have a different dealer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.