Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My god the amount of people that think I’m associated with this dealer in any way is absolutely hysterical.

You know what they say about people that assume……
because you are...if you had any pride in what you are doing you would own it. It's pure slime and this kind of garbage gives dealerships a bad rep. If there were ANY morals then people who ordered at that dealership, reservation holders that put trust there would be getting their vehicles without adm.
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I never said there was no price. I said there was no agreement in price. You literally quoted what I said and then misconstrued it. Amazing
BULLSHIT... Go look at the f'n document. 🤡

edit: You stated it right here in this quoted post of yours...
Quoted Post

I'll help you... $47060 Now go look for that number on the form. You stated, "No mention of price." You actually wrote that. I simply found the price on the document and called you a liar.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Straight from Ford.com:

“By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle.”

https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/

How is this so hard for people to understand?
@Ford Motor Company , @mrlevine

Please read through this thread to see what you are enabling. According to this new poster (that is defending the actions of DCH Eatontown Ford), the DORA is no longer a form of confirmed price because the dealer did not sign it. If this is allowed, any dealer in the Ford dealer network can do the same thing. You have an incredible amount of Bronco enthusiasts that made reservations and orders, stuck through the rollercoaster of issues and delays, and some are now getting hit with unexpected ADM because dealers are allowed to do this. What is your official position on this and what should the rest of us expect with our orders?

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I’ve never bought a car that had ADM’s. I had no idea that was a thing until this Bronco. Until after mine was built and sitting at dirt mountain. My 2017 explore was msrp. I’ve never followed releases of exciting vehicles. That’s why I say the ordinary person who is going in to order a Bronco has no idea this is even a thing. The dealers should be made to disclose this info at time of placing an order. I bet you 80% of the people who ordered a bronco had no idea. Myself included. I’m just praying my dealer is ethical. We’ll find out in the next few days
It also destroys the “value proposition” benefits over a Wrangler. Who cares if it’s cheaper for the same options if Wranglers are 4-6% off MSRP and Broncos have a 5k ADM? This is where Ford doesn’t realize it screws them. You can’t undercut your competitor when dealers make the truck 5-10k more for the same features.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RJSD is catching a lot of shit for what he's saying but he is correct, legally speaking.

No contract binding the dealer to MSRP means they fulfilled their end of the bargain by ordering the vehicle as the threadstarter requested, but nothing in the reservation system language controls price.

That being said a dealer charging ADM on an ordered vehicle is incredibly shitty and deserving of the hate they're receiving.
If the only defense one has for their conduct is that it's not illegal, then their conduct is shit.

I spoke with the GM this morning. He said @Sherminator would be prosecuted for criminal trespass if he steps foot on the lot again because he damaged their walls. I told the GM if he sent me a picture of the damage I'd remove my review and try to get the truth out there....

Well, he sent me a picture of a door knob leaving a small hole in a wall... all this guy did was slam a door too hard against a wall with no door stop. Sorry Charlie, that's not getting my review down.

I texted him back saying I saw the preview order with no markup, and asked him if he could honestly go home to his wife and tell her this customer was treated fairly and honestly. Waiting for his response.

My end goal is trying to negotiate MSRP+200 for minor wall patchup, but I doubt the GM will get back to me at all.

Sponsored

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@RJSD is catching a lot of shit for what he's saying but he is correct, legally speaking.

No contract binding the dealer to MSRP means they fulfilled their end of the bargain by ordering the vehicle as the threadstarter requested, but nothing in the reservation system language controls price.

That being said a dealer charging ADM on an ordered vehicle is incredibly shitty and deserving of the hate they're receiving.
That’s my entire point. Yet the kids here are literally throwing tantrums. I don’t get it.
Amazing the truth is so triggering. Get these people a safe space!

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can’t undercut your competitor when dealers make the truck 5-10k more for the same features.
This is big for me. Basesquatch is a damn good bargain compared to a rubicon extreme... until you take the wrangler down to invoice and you sell the Bronco for 5k over MSRP. Then the basesquatch is missing a LOT of stuff the rubicon has and it costs more money.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If the only defense one has for their conduct is that it's not illegal, then their conduct is shit.

I spoke with the GM this morning. He said @Sherminator would be prosecuted for criminal trespass if he steps foot on the lot again because he damaged their walls. I told the GM if he sent me a picture of the damage I'd remove my review and try to get the truth out there....

Well, he sent me a picture of a door knob leaving a small hole in a wall... all this guy did was slam a door too hard against a wall with no door stop. Sorry Charlie, that's not getting my review down.

I texted him back saying I saw the preview order with no markup, and asked him if he could honestly go home to his wife and tell her this customer was treated fairly and honestly. Waiting for his response.

My end goal is trying to negotiate MSRP+200 for minor wall patchup, but I doubt the GM will get back to me at all.
yeah, shitty conduct by the dealer. But legally kosher and @Ford Motor Company is happy protecting these dealers and dumping on the good dealers that have gone above and beyond for their customers and the Bronco community as a whole

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No I get the point and fully believe that. Hence why if I had a dealer I would make it well known that people will not pay above MSRP for a vehicle (not including tax title license and fees)

I also think it’s hilarious the dealer is so blatant in their fake reviews. The stupidity on both sides is just astounding
giphy-downsized-large.gif

bigtexyahoocom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can someone with a better understanding of the legalities surrounding dealerships come out and explain to me why Ford Corporate can’t come out and say “MSRP MAXIMUM to reservation holders or no Bronco allocations for 6 months”?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That’s my entire point. Yet the kids here are literally throwing tantrums. I don’t get it.
Many of us here are not kids. We have watched the BS dealers have pulled for decades and know when to point it out.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone with a better understanding of the legalities surrounding dealerships come out and explain to me why Ford Corporate can’t come out and say “MSRP MAXIMUM to reservation holders or no Bronco allocations for 6 months”?
I'm guessing - without seeing the dealership agreement between the dealership owner and FMC - the dealership agreement says something about the dealers having complete autonomy over pricing so long as they don't advertise prices too low. These agreements were likely written decades ago and only moderately changed over the years and didn't account for things like the reservation system. That's why traditional car manufacturers advertise manufacturer's suggested retail price (emphasis on suggested) vs Tesla who is selling direct who just advertises a price.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's weird to me how many people on this site seem to enjoy dunking on people getting hosed by these dealers, who gloat "yOu DIdN't GeT A SiGNeD cOnTRAct!!!" over a person getting taken advantage of at the very end of a very long wait for something they want very much. Regardless of the legality, I think you would agree this is a crappy thing to do to someone, and that you would probably also be upset if someone took advantage of your desire to have something by squeezing some more money out of you.

You joined this site last night just to shit on someone having a bad day, and that makes you a bully. Maybe @Nickp or another moderator can step in here and take appropriate action.

Last edited:

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My god the amount of people that think I’m associated with this dealer in any way is absolutely hysterical.

You know what they say about people that assume……
They think they have a price agreement in place and end up getting screwed by DCH Ford of Eatontown?

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Many of us here are not kids. We have watched the BS dealers have pulled for decades and know when to point it out.
Your guy, the OP, threw a tantrum at the dealer, damaged their walls, and will now face criminal trespass charges if he steps on their lot.

Wow did this take a turn. All over a mall crawler SUV. Astounding.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.