Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and I'm supposed to get a response today.
Now is the time to keep cool and let the tempest swirl around you. We have your back!
Sponsored

Sunchaser99

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait it out a couple of years. It’s a cool truck but not cool enough to be worth the disaster launch by Ford and ridiculous mark ups.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The unfortunate fact is that all of this trouble was totally avoidable had the dealer exhibited a modicum of integrity and honesty.

I have been, pretty solidly, pro-Bronco and pro-Ford during this process, much to the shagrin of others here. That said, I would be lying if I said I didn't start researching Jeeps today as a back-up plan. At the end of the day, I just want something fun to drive, and if Ford allows dealers to cheat people, it will quickly zap the fun from the vehicle. I have no problem buying a Jeep...it will be the easiest back-up decision I have ever made.

I have an RSVP for a Lightning and was planning to convert, but I am going to wait until my Bronco transaction is 100% complete before I even think about it. If they make it painful for me, I'm out...and I won't even look back

It just not worth all the trouble to just buy a car.
This. I said screw it and moved on to a 392. I was holding out for maybe a Warthog when released, but not really interested in dealing with the shenanigans and if a regular Broncos are going for well over MSRP and dealers playing games with reservation holders then I know I have no hope. I work too hard and don't have time to play BS games just to buy a car at a fair price.

The manufacturers really need to get the dealer model under control. There is too much information available, social media can ruin your reputation virally over night, and people have a low tolerance for it. The dealers may be Ford's customer from a supply chain point of view, but ultimately, it is Ford's brand that takes the hit by dealer actions. Typical consumer doesn't give a sh!t about how Ford is set up legally with dealers and each individual dealer's autonomy or allocations. That is inside baseball the average consumer gives zero fncks about. They just want to buy a car at a fair price and not be ripped off last minute. Ford dealer = ford manufacturing in their mind.

The bad press along with a well funded competitor (Tesla) that is actively fighting protectionist dealer laws could be the nail in their coffin. They need to be taking a long view that the market does not like this model and wants it changed and the first step is curtailing this ADM bullshit.

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't even keep track of what I'm supposed to keep track of in life, let alone, what has now become a complicated journey of a Bronco purchase.

In no particular order (for those who have been here the long haul will get this):
Reservation, Signed DORA, Signed sales order (missed that one in MY21 order), Ford Pass points round 1, Cost shift for no top, Ford Pass points round 1, Chose between rear cupholders and washout floor, Mod Bumper change, free Hammock, Free Poster, Ford Pass points round 2, MY21 conversion to order by 3/19/21, undisclosed parts constraints, change to soft top, MY22 re-order by 10/28/21, Price protection certificate (with unknown rules), can change dealers on a case by case basis(wtf)....

All this for one vehicle purchase???!!!???

Memo to Ford and dealers: You can't find more loyal people to piss off. When you are this invested, you will be equally uninvested if it goes that way. We are the people that would sell your product for you. Make this money grab up in further decreased marketing budgets.

Because of Amazon, Carmax, and Vroom, we now have the likes of Tesla and Rivian to throw the final blows to the franchised dealer model. Rant complete.

Sorry to the OP for having to go through it. We all still have a marathon ahead with our own respective deals.

In this case, screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Ford won't get a second chance with thousands of people if they don't eventually intervene. The supply chain will eventually moderate and business will return to a competitive nature. People will not forget how they were treated in this period of time, ever.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a Bronco reserved? if not... why are you still here?

I see you are in NJ, what dealer are you having issues with... I want to make sure its not Holman...
It's not Holman.

I will post the name if they don't work with me towards a good resolution quickly.

I just heard back from the sales person who took my order who is "no longer in sales"

He told me someone else has my order there and they will call me back. When I asked if they were doing markups, he was non-committal and implied they might be but wouldn't say.

I have the quote from them with the stated price (MSRP) and they took my credit card so I feel like I have a good case to make, but if they are being obtuse I will go to DEFCON 1.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

According to the GM it’s “fake news” and we’ve been misinformed. This is one of the few responses on Google Reviews.
C9C5824B-35DA-466B-A65D-9FA5D2AB052F.jpeg
Clearly we are mistaken if we think @RJSD is one and the same as Michael Hull, General Manager. As you can see, the profiles do not match: "and our customers are happy. I am honest, transparent, and I never waste time."

Michael Hull
General Manager
I was born in Chicago and raised in Pittsburgh and Cincinnati. Since joining the auto industry in 2004, I have remained committed to quality customer care and respect for my colleagues. Our team members can rely on me for motivation and training. I am always here to help others be the best they can be. When our team members succeed, the dealership succeeds, and our customers are happy. I am honest, transparent, and I never waste time. Outside of the dealership, I love to spend as much time as possible with my wife and children. We love to travel and take on new adventures. My hobbies and interests include hiking, skiing, white water rafting, working out at the gym, and watching Pittsburgh sports. My entire family cheers for the Steelers, Penguins, and the Pirates.
https://dchfordofeatontown.adviserly.com/michael-hull/reviews

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not Holman.

I will post the name if they don't work with me towards a good resolution quickly.

I just heard back from the sales person who took my order who is "no longer in sales"

He told me someone else has my order there and they will call me back. When I asked if they were doing markups, he was non-committal and implied they might be but wouldn't say.

I have the quote from them with the stated price (MSRP) and they took my credit card so I feel like I have a good case to make, but if they are being obtuse I will go to DEFCON 1.
I am with you on all your points except one. What is the 10/28/21 Deadline? I dont think I have heard about that one, I have already re-ordered my '21 for '22 and have conformation but I was un aware of that cutoff or what it means.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if these ADM incidents are similar enough to be raised as a class action suit for those who are damaged and find no solution?

It has been years and years since my dealings with contracts, but these order sheets smell an awful lot like: (A) a signed offer and acceptance of a bronco build (B) priced at MSRP, and, arguably with (C) consideration in the form of promising to order from shitty DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN (by relinquishing the purchasers ability to move their reservation to a different and more honest dealership).

Probably a lot of slimy loopholes in that idea and in NJ law, though.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
According to the GM it’s “fake news” and we’ve been misinformed. This is one of the few responses on Google Reviews.
C9C5824B-35DA-466B-A65D-9FA5D2AB052F.jpeg
All this tells me is that the dealer was all to happy to take advantage of a customer who didn't have a signed buyers order, but did make an order through his dealership.

This would have been super simple to resolve, all the dealer would have had to have done was sell the vehicle at MSRP. I am willing to bet the that the person who didn't have the signed agreement would have paid $1000 for the paint protection, nitrogen fill on the tires, and artic blast for the AC.

The dealer, just wanted to scam an extra $10,000 dollars out of the customer, and not $1000. We wouldn't even be having this conversation with most buyers forking up $1000-$2500 without a big fight. The level of greed here is just next level.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So course this shows up....

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN image

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with you on all your points except one. What is the 10/28/21 Deadline? I dont think I have heard about that one, I have already re-ordered my '21 for '22 and have conformation but I was un aware of that cutoff or what it means.
It's not a deadline but more of the date that if you have your order in by they will start scheduling against it for MY22. You don't have to have your order in by that date but it can't hurt.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

HotdogThud