Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Straight from Ford.com:

“By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle.”

https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/

How is this so hard for people to understand?
There is something that is called Ethic that dealer doesn't understand. I read the reviews on google and that dealers is basically saying that they just honor those price agreement for those who signed them. Therefore, if there is something legal that will avoid them to do this marks up, they won't, but if a customer, acting in good faith, wait for over a year, without an agreement, they will just forget about ethics and they will mark up this customer.

It doesn't matter if the law allow you to do it or not, ethic is not obliged by law and when someone doesn't have ethics, people will start call them shady, unethical, untrustworthy, not reliable, etc.

They have the legal right to do it, but it's unethical to do it. That's why nobody should trust any dealer that like to do mark ups on the price on customer reservations, even if the law allow you to do it.
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sad thing is the dealer thinks it makes them look okay by admitting they're marking the Bronco up because they supposedly didn't sign a price agreement. All they've done is admit they're dicks who will take advantage where possible.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Dealers adding surprise ADMs is a very anti-consumer practice, and Ford is complicit by allowing this. That dealer kept sherminator in the dark with the intention of taking advantage of his emotions and wallet. IMO reservation orders should be blocked from adding any ADM at all.

My dealership never informed me of any sort of agreement document available to me to lock in the price before taking delivery. We have a verbal agreement from 31 Jan that my Bronco would be MSRP, and I have a copy of an "Order Preview" with the MSRP, but nothing with signatures. I just now emailed them asking if we can get this signed buyer's agreement. Hopefully no undesired surprises in their response.
FWIW, ford cant straight up tell dealers what to charge. thats the S in MSRP. it gets into collusion and price fixing if you compel independent resellers from setting their own pricing.

of course this is to prevent collusion for higher prices, but it applies the other way too.

Its a legal quagmire.

jersey_nick

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The phone number Michael Hull, the GM listed on everyone's review response can't be right. The 501 area code is for Central Arkansas.
It is. I called him today and he answered. He spoke to me for 20 minutes. I am waiting to hear what Sherminator says Ford did.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The phone number Michael Hull, the GM listed on everyone's review response can't be right. The 501 area code is for Central Arkansas.
Maybe the number belongs to his:
A. Wife
B. Sister
C. Mother
D. All the above

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sad thing is the dealer thinks it makes them look okay by admitting they're marking the Bronco up because they supposedly didn't sign a price agreement. All they've done is admit they're dicks who will take advantage where possible.
I'm confident this dealer is a scum, but OP did himself no favors. Yeah, anyone could see that it's a sham and he's escaping on a technicality. If I was the dealer though, I would use the argument that he came in and verbally abused my staff before we had a chance to discuss and work it out, so we have decided not to do business with him...and post OP's comments from here: "which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words."
That would have made more sense. I have found that almost always in a dispute like this, where there was any type of agreement at all, even implied or verbal from any employee, that if you are professional, rational, and persistent, it gets resolved to that agreement. If you fly off the handle before you've exhausted all rational steps...you usually end up SOL.

I mean if Ford calls the dealer and says, hey do us a solid and sell it to him for MSRP....the owner just says: of course we always would do what we can to help, but this guy flew off the handle in front of customers and staff and verbally abused us by his own public admission, then bragged about it on social media. We just can't do it. What's Ford going to say to that?

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure these ADM threads have everyone suspicious of their dealers, including myself. I hope our email conversation will hold true with my order.

Capture.JPG

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold up. Where’s all this verbal assault talk coming from?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely understand a customer who waits this long for a Bronco only to be surprised with a $10k ADM stomping out with a string of profanity. Doesn't get the dealer off the hook.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original Shermanator had a full strategic arsenal ready for deployment......went to defcon 2 level.

Sounds like that's where this is headed.

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634676111136

Status
Not open for further replies.