Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This type of conduct from dealers will only increase Ford's desire to do more direct to consumer sales. Ford needs to really step up and put a stop to ADMs on reserved/purchased vehicles.
Ford supports this behavior. Ford would much rather crank out the same boring shit over and over like they currently do to fill dealers orders than deal with the more one off type orders direct to consumer causes. Ford is green lighting the dealers to do whatever they want and have told reservation holders many times it's their own fault if they didn't have a signed contract.
Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While This forum is populated by Bronco enthusiasts, most of the Bronco potential market is likely not as avidly focused on getting a Bronco versus a competing vehicle. A $10,000 or $ 15,000 ADM on a Bronco will make Wranglers, Defenders & 4Runners comparatively better deals for most potential buyers and they’ll simply buy something other than a Bronco. And the Jeep, Land Rover & Toyota dealers competing for these customers are keenly aware of this.
Even with a $5k adm on a Defender (current offering from the dealer I used), with $10k on a Bronco, you're getting mighty close in price. Also worth noting I had nothing official in writing and they stuck to the original price quoted, since we agreed to it before they added the adm. At least that Land Rover dealer was honest. I have no doubt my Ford dealer would have been as well, but this is happening to far too many Bronco buyers. Scumbag dealers.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No! There is a much better solution if you have an open order right now:

3. If you are not happy with their answer, simply so "okay" and walk out. At this point, they may realize that you are going to move your order to another dealer. So, be prepared for them to chase you down before you can leave the parking lot.
I wouldn't just walk out, I would straight up tell them to do MSRP in writing or you are transferring to another dealer that will and that you already have one picked that agreed to do it.

Ryan05055

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picking mine up tomorrow and worried this is going to happen. I've got my game plan incase it does.

I do have an email from the sales manager stating my price will be MSRP + tax, tags, processing, so hopefully that comes in handy if it does happen.

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thought: I think its time people selling used cars started adding "Additional Consumer Markups" to trade-ins. Just to annoy them in return :)
funny, I am helping my 80 yr old mom trade her car on a Hyundai. The H has a 1500 markup, and some dealers charge a doc fee. They need used cars badly, hers is a little toyota yaris with only 36k miles in 7 years. I plan at the last minute to say there is a $1000 ADM and $500 paperwork charge for her to produce sign the title, registration and check. If they balk, I;ll show them the retail values and that we'll just market it ourselves... I am advising her to take financing so I can point out to them the $ they are making there. She'll pay it off after the 1st payment.
can't wait to see the look on their faces, I may have to record it.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Small wonder thousands of people took their reservations to small dealers willing to be honest and upfront with the pricing. Now Fords punishing the honest dealers and rewarding the ones like this. I may not get my Bronco for well more than a year but at least I know it will be a simple deal that doesn't leave me over paying. Remember anything you pay in ADM is money down the drain. In a few years there will be plenty of Broncos, just like Wranglers and your resale value will never make up for the extra you paid.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Small wonder thousands of people took their reservations to small dealers willing to be honest and upfront with the pricing. Now Fords punishing the honest dealers and rewarding the ones like this. I may not get my Bronco for well more than a year but at least I know it will be a simple deal that doesn't leave me over paying. Remember anything you pay in ADM is money down the drain. In a few years there will be plenty of Broncos, just like Wranglers and your resale value will never make up for the extra you paid.
That was my exact argument to the GM I had later in the day. He said they sold other Broncos with the mark up.

I've been stalking their site for months now-they have 6 Broncos including mine listed. When I got there today, they had a total of 4 on the lot to include mine. They had a demo unit in the show room and a first edition and a big bend two door as a demo. So I'm wondering if there is any truth that story also.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved 7/13 with in the first 45 minutes, placed my order in January, Built July 2nd, Dirt Mountain till September and delivered 10/14

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

You guys know what do.....

https://www.dchfordofeatontown.com/

https://www.facebook.com/dchfordofeatontown
just posted this

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634343332331

I have a backoff research team in the philipines, they cost me pennies on the dollar, if my dealer tries to screw me, I will launch an attack on all of their review platforms with 100 workers for a week. I should make this team available to hire

Sponsored

Vandal

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This sucks! Feel for you man. I’m expecting the same BS. I don’t see a way around it. Wish we could buy straight from the manufacturer. I don’t see the value added by dealers anymore. (Except @granger and a few other honest dealers out there.)

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you confirmed that dealer switching and keeping your early reservation is actually a thing? If true, this could save a lot of folks a lot of money and heartache.
Yes. I called Ford this morning and asked about transferring. They were ready to do it right away. Call for youself and confirm. If you have a build date, it woll take 3 to 5 days to process. You can only dobit once.

Deleted member 13702

Buy it for 10K over and sell it for 25k over. Why walk away? The dealer gets the money either way so you arent hurting him.
So, some of you may not know this, but not all of us are rich enough to front our down payment as well as a 10000 mark up to get a Bronco in order to flip it so the dealer doesn’t make all the profit.

I’m not sure what Sherminiator’s financial status is, but it’s not even the point. This is garbage. Ford is purposely now looking the other way while this is happening more and more every day.

@Sherminiator, sorry that this is how it all played out.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't just walk out, I would straight up tell them to do MSRP in writing or you are transferring to another dealer that will and that you already have one picked that agreed to do it.
That is a option too. The point of my post is to let order holders know that we have all the power right now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.