Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah this is troubling. I just left a 1 star google review calling them out on the fake reviews. So seeing this thread got me worried about mine again, which should arrive in a couple of weeks. I too have that same order form posted on the first page only signed by me. But I do have a text more than a year ago when I first switched to my current dealership. Would this be enough to protect me?

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634393903224
Sponsored

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Read your posts and the “idiot” comments about people with locked in deals (amazingly within a week of your debacle)…and then let us know who was toxic. My guess is that toxicity made the dealer decide not to sell it to you. So yes, I’ll wait a bit with the “idiots” you look down so deeply on for locking in deals…and your wait seems to have ended.
I understand where both sides are coming from, but let's not dance on this poor guy's grave. He made a mistake in calling out the Granger folks, and should have bit his tongue, but he is right in that at some point the Granger group should have thought about the allocation issue. Classic tortoise and the hare parable going on here.

Here's to hoping both of you get your broncos before me (refusing to compromise on getting a white MOD top, waiting 'till 2024 if I have to)

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy cow...this dealer tactic with the fake 5 star reviews has to be one of the top scumbag moves I've ever seen.
I have edited my negative review, I suggest everyone does something similar - note that i put the part about what the dealer is doing up front so a reader doesn't have to click "see more"-
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634395568300

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think it should hold up as a contract even if only signed by you as the DORA is not something any consumer can just print out. So it would have to come from the dealership with an understanding that that is the price they are offering it to you.

Definitely contact all your local news agencies and use social media to tag Mike Levine, Jim Farley, Car enthusiast magazines, etc. about it.
This should be considered a valid contract as they had you sign it and they then "ordered" the vehicle. Its implied through their actions that they agreed to the price and by ordering it after you signed. I think a lawyer would clearly settle this quickly

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have edited my negative review, I suggest everyone does something similar - note that i put the part about what the dealer is doing up front so a reader doesn't have to click "see more"-
Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634395568300
I see what this dealer is hoping for. It’s clearly not about the shear amount of BS reviews, they’re just hoping to bump up that 4.1 number assuming people are too lazy to read the reviews themselves. Anyone with half a brain would notice the insane influx of 5-star and realize they’re bolstering their own rating. Unfortunately people are too lazy to read these. Still think we should continue the practice of giving our input in the hopes there are some smart consumers out there and warn them off.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m surprised I haven’t seen the OPs situation detailed in one the Bronco FB groups. That seems to get a lot more traction in swamping the fake reviews.

I also asked why they’re having fake reviews posted. ;) We’ll see if they answer.

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1A8EF9A0-F019-40D4-8E3A-3AAA1DFD812E

Last edited:

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not sure if this will gain traction but I've sent emails to several large car magazines service with detailing this particular incident. If this did get published this woukd surely look terrible on the dealers behalf.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

where's @Ford Motor Company ? can they help with this? I'd be calling the Better Business Bureau and any other regulatory agencies I could - maybe even a lawyer, especially since you've got something printed from them showing NO dealer markup
Everyone needs to quit saying to call bbb. They are a MEMBERSHIP organization. They regulate their own pocketbooks. Sometimes they help with consumer disputes, but they are paid by the companies, so you do the math.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m surprised I haven’t seen the OPs situation detailed in one the Bronco FB groups. That seems to get a lot more traction in swamping the fake reviews.

I also asked why they’re having fake reviews posted. ;) We’ll see if they answer.

1A8EF9A0-F019-40D4-8E3A-3AAA1DFD812E.png
i think those groups are getting desensitized to all the adm. at first it was pitchforks to the dealers, but that can be exhausting after a couple of emotional go rounds

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, these guys are slimeballs. the amount of fake reviews is crazy.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

aside from someone pissing in your cheerios this AM, curious why you didn't support one of the dealers you would be going to for aftersale support? for the record, I'd change locations with you immediately.
What sort of aftersale support ? I currently drive a 2018 Chevy and it has never needed anything from a dealer. Assuming Fords are at least as good as Chevy, I don’t foresee ever needing a dealer.

See my very first post on B6G. I was very upfront about how Ford screwed me in 1994 on a warranty claim on my brand new Bronco. I swore I would never buy another Ford. I kept that promise to my self ever since, but I am very nostalgic about my multiple old Broncos, so I reserved one but kept in the back of my mind that Ford is on probation. And now, because Ford’s dealer network has a problem with the dealer I choose, Ford has decided to punish me, the customer. That is flat out childish behavior by Ford.

Note: I have 2 reservations, one with Granger and one with a Montana dealer. The Montana dealer is currently charging $25K in ADM. No way am I paying that.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

i think those groups are getting desensitized to all the adm. at first it was pitchforks to the dealers, but that can be exhausting after a couple of emotional go rounds
Oh we are just getting started

piffs5

First Edition
First Name
robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 bronco 1966 corvette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I work for a Ford dealership and I definitely have a problem with this and how Ford is doing this.
If a customer is going to have to order directly from Ford there needs to be something in writing that a dealer can not mark a vehicle up over MSRP the customer ordered the vehicle not the dealer. I do not have a problem with a dealer markup over sticker if it was ordered by the dealer for stock but, this is just plain out wrong for this customer. People need to have integrity unfortunately our country doesn’t seem to have much of that anymore. Robbie Smith

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

curious why you didn't support one of the dealers you would be going to for aftersale support?
Wait. WE are supposed to support dealers now? I will support my mechanic, who is amazing and my friend. If I have to go to a dealer for warranty work, they are providing ME a service. It is not because I'm helping them out.

It's not that I'm against dealers. I just have an aversion to them. They have their own bottom line in mind and they are highly trained in sales techniques to part me from my money. With techniques like that, they do not need my support.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.