Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Being dishonest doesn't seem like the best way to fight dishonesty. It literally accomplishes nothing, as we can see they just changed their rating with their own fake reviews.

All it does it hurt or confuse people that are trying to find actual feedback on a business.
I tend to agree. The dealer has shown their true self. Best to walk away.
Sponsored

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP is clearly not the first reservation holder the dealer has done this to. I live in the area, dealer has 2-3 on their lot and willing to sell with the described ADM.
I don’t think that what the dealer is doing is ethical, but it’s not illegal. If multiple customers failed to obtain a binding purchase agreement then shame on them .

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, that is not all that can be done. Community backlash has caused other dealers to tuck tail and cave.
The comment was in reference to OP paying MSRP and taking possession of his build.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 'Community Update?' Yes, I actually watched that video before I tried calling. Note how they actually shy away from explicitly saying you can change if you have a code 99 or are waiting in the ether with an order. They continually say reservations can be moved but if you converted to a code 99 to wait things out while retaining your timestamp, it's technically in the system as an order and therein lies the issue.

That's where I find myself. And despite people saying otherwise, Bronco Customer Service insisted Thurs morning I. Can. Not. Change. Maybe they've changed their mind in the past 2 days but they were steadfast in that regard Fri, and I'm not the only one experiencing that.
That's impossible, Ford would never communicate inaccurate information, half-truths, or flat out lie...

After all Mike Levine would never allow that to happen. It's his job to make sure that Ford's communications regarding the Bronco are accurate, factual, and transparent.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think that what the dealer is doing is ethical, but it’s not illegal. If multiple customers failed to obtain a binding purchase agreement then shame on them .
So many dealers have refused to come to those binding agreements.
Which led customers to transparent dealers like Granger, Stephens, et al.
Which led Ford to change allocations in support of the crooks.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, so me writing a review saying they are telling customers that ordered a bronco they have to pay $10,000 over sticker and giving 1 star is dishonest?
Technically no, but if you didn't do business there, you really are only writing on hearsay and not your experience. As has been shown, its just as easy to write positive reviews that are not real. Nobody benefits in the end.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After all Mike Levine would never allow that to happen. It's his job to make sure that Ford's communications regarding the Bronco are accurate, factual, and transparent.
I think he has to do that if he wants to keep his job. That's the thing people don't seem to understand. They think Levine makes stuff up as he goes along. The truth is more likely to be that Ford tells him word for word what to say.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think he has to do that if he wants to keep his job. That's the thing people don't seem to understand. They think Levine makes stuff up as he goes along. The truth is more likely to be that Ford tells him word for word what to say.
I don't think that he's that tightly controlled, otherwise he might be doing a better job of this. On the other hand, he could be being forced to act that tone deaf, but then he's failing to communicate effectively with his superiors.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
If multiple customers failed to obtain a binding purchase agreement then shame on them .
Please stop. This defending unethical dealers nonsense has run it's course. The dealer is ethically wrong, most people aren't lawyers or professional car buyers. It's shame on the dealer and Ford. PERIOD. If you've got a "binding" agreement then good for you. You are in the minority. Pat yourself on the back for being super smart and not trusting a handshake or verbal agreement. But, please, don't make it sound like the dealers doing this are not to blame. It's 110% on them.

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think that he's that tightly controlled, otherwise he might be doing a better job of this. On the other hand, he could be being forced to act that tone deaf, but then he's failing to communicate effectively with his superiors.
Don't you think his posts get vetted by legal first?

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are all entitled to our opinions and while calling out other idiots is a bit offensive, it holds no real harm to anyone. We are also all in this delayed game for a long time and misplace our frustrations on things that are not important. This is important and only "we" consumers will be able to send a message to Dealers that deal with the Bronco Reservation Holders fairly. We have waited for some for over 15+ months and that should account for something.
Go for it. I'm not interested in giving effort to assist in a social media campaign on behalf of a person who thinks I'm an idiot.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His twitter says his posts are his own opinions.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Go for it. I'm not interested in giving effort to assist in a social media campaign on behalf of a person who thinks I'm an idiot.
^^ THIS ^^

OP was bagging all over Granger people, calling them idiots, just a few days ago. Now that he is getting screwed over he can choke on a bag of dicks for all I care.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A code 99 should be the easiest to transfer. It literally means do not build.
I am well aware of that, and repeatedly told the Bronco C/S rep, especially after she insisted I'd already spec'ed/ ordered my Bronco. That made me laugh.

Alas, the result was the result. Don't shoot the messenger - I just hope I have a better message to bring you next week.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^^ THIS ^^

OP was bagging all over Granger people, calling them idiots, just a few days ago. Now that he is getting screwed over he can choke on a bag of .... for all I care.
Hey, now. Keep it classy!

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 1634440677509

Just as a follow up, I do feel bad for what has happened in the OP's situation. It's unfair.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.