Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't believe this dealer is so fricken shady that he would sign up and make these posts, threaten that he has deeper pockets to sue the original poster etc. You are doing yourself and your slimy dealership no favors here douchebag.
Sponsored

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is one for you... prove that anyone that posted a negative review was wrong about you charging an ADM markup on the vehicle. Legal clerks... holy cow! :ROFLMAO:
Some of the reviews specifically quote this issue. Its pretty clear. From Brian O’Neil:

“Don’t believe all of the fake five star reviews created by the dealerships friends and family. This dealership is trying to mark up a customers special order Bronco by $10,000 over sticker price after already agreeing on MSRP months ago.
They obviously don’t care about customers, only the almighty dollar.”

And a blatant lie within the review saying that there was an agreement on MSRP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Prove the dealer reviews are fake.

But let’s assume they are. How is that any different than the fake reviews left by members here and elsewhere? That’s fine though, if the dealer is smart they are keeping every negative review as it’s evidence.

Remember there is nothing binding in terms of price. Therefore the dealer is doing nothing shady. Law clerks can see that the dealer is doing nothing wrong here. They have a customer who did not sign a binding purchase agreement. Please tell me how that’s the dealers fault?
I think a reputable dealer would have told the customer to sign. Seems like because a customer doesn't understand the car buying process as well as others, they are ripe for shady dealer practices.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't believe this dealer is so fricken shady that he would sign up and make these posts, threaten that he has deeper pockets to sue the original poster etc. You are doing yourself and your slimy dealership no favors here douchebag.
You actually think I’m that dealer? Hilarious.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, to summarize, you have no contract agreeing on that price and only have a piece of paper that only you signed saying “yes order this Bronco”. Got it.

Why are you complaining and throwing a tantrum on multiple sites? You have no legal standing. Yes, I know it may be shocking that in the middle of a pandemic when new vehicles are hard to come by that a dealer would charge a little more for a product they own. Even more shocking is the fact that they would do this on a product that is extremely sought after (and already has a brand new roof).

The audacity!!

You have two options. Either buy it or don’t. But to get upset at the dealer is mind boggling. They owe you nothing. No contract no deal, it’s that simple.

Also, you didn’t see this coming? Wow…
Next!
Lol. Tell me you work for DCH Ford without telling me you work for DCH Ford.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think a reputable dealer would have told the customer to sign. Seems like because a customer doesn't understand the car buying process as well as others, they are ripe for shady dealer practices.
The OP is certainly ignorant as to how car buying works but come on. Common sense tells you that you get things in writing (in this case a purchase agreement) if you want things to go smoothly. Without it the dealer is legally allowed todo whatever it wants. They know they can sell it with that ADM. why should they sell it to this guy?

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

But let’s assume they are. How is that any different than the fake reviews left by members here and elsewhere? That’s fine though, if the dealer is smart they are keeping every negative review as it’s evidence.

Remember there is nothing binding in terms of price. Therefore the dealer is doing nothing shady. Law clerks can see that the dealer is doing nothing wrong here. They have a customer who did not sign a binding purchase agreement. Please tell me how that’s the dealers fault?
In another striking coincidence, two of the reviewers had the same last name as the manager. Wow, the probability gods are truly smiling on this dealership. I hope the $10k was worth it.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Being legal and being shady are not mutually exclusive, it can be both. The fault, as in unethical behavior here, is in taking a reservation and order and marking it up on the reservation and order holder. There was from the beginning the implication and implied statements from Ford that reservation holders would pay MSRP. There is a violation of trust here and that is unethical. Legal, yes. Also shady.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol. Tell me you work for DCH Ford without telling me you work for DCH Ford.
I don’t. But show me where the dealer is legally obligated to honor the MSRP?

I say try the social media angle. Maybe it will work out. Social media is where whiners go when they know they don’t have a case legally. Hail Mary for sure and hopefully it works out. But if I were Ford I would be hesitant to help the OP as he’s not exactly been upstanding throughout this.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Some of the reviews specifically quote this issue. Its pretty clear. From Brian O’Neil:

“Don’t believe all of the fake five star reviews created by the dealerships friends and family. This dealership is trying to mark up a customers special order Bronco by $10,000 over sticker price after already agreeing on MSRP months ago.
They obviously don’t care about customers, only the almighty dollar.”

And a blatant lie within the review saying that there was an agreement on MSRP.
s-l1600.jpg

Douchbags, oldest reference I could find...

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not a lawyer, but I have seen judge judy a few times. If someone went into court and told her "I went to the dealership and ordered a car. They handed me a piece of paper with my order and the price on it and asked me to sign it. Then I went to pick up the car and the price changed for no reason other than greed", I have a feeling Judy would tell the dealer to eat a bag of dicks.

mik06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The OP is certainly ignorant as to how car buying works but come on. Common sense tells you that you get things in writing (in this case a purchase agreement) if you want things to go smoothly. Without it the dealer is legally allowed todo whatever it wants. They know they can sell it with that ADM. why should they sell it to this guy?
Just because you found a legal loophole to push a grandmother down a flight of stairs, doesn't mean you should push a grandmother down a flight of stairs. Just saying...

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not a lawyer, but I have seen judge judy a few times. If someone went into court and told her "I went to the dealership and ordered a car. They handed me a piece of paper with my order and the price on it and asked me to sign it. Then I went to pick up the car and the price changed for no reason other than greed", I have a feeling Judy would tell the dealer to eat a bag of dicks.
Judge Judy is very strong on having a contract. There is no contract. She’d call the OP an idiot and dismiss the case before the first commercial.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.