Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And? Did you read what he wrote? “I agree that this is the Bronco that I want DCH to order for me”. He signed a piece of paper stating he wants the dealer to order that vehicle with those options. That’s *NOT* a purchase agreement.
As if the buyer should know this. Dealer was intentionally misleading. Only a dishonest slab of dung would do this.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a lawyer. In my state
So, in your professional opinion and all the touchy feely crap aside, is the dealer bound (legally) to that price? Is what the OP posted a legal contract for that price?

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's put it this way... If anything, you have done more damage to the dealership than any other single commenter in this thread. Well done!
And each time he responds, he just increases the chance that this thread is picked up by search engines.

Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, in your professional opinion and all the touchy feely crap aside, is the dealer bound (legally) to that price? Is what the OP posted a legal contract for that price?
Don’t give this guy free legal advice

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

because no matter what the OP had to say, you could've turned the other cheek and just ignored it.
But instead you chose to be petulant and verbally abusive. I mean, if any of what's going on here made its way to a local news channel's 'On your side" story dept, do you really think it would go well for the dealer over OP? It wouldn't.

But if you've got a drum to beat, knock yourself out, Buddy Rich.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You presented him a build sheet accompanied by a purchase price and asked him to sign it. Bet me that wouldn’t hold up in court.
I didn’t present anyone with anything. But no, signing an options list saying “this is what I want the dealer to order” is not a binding contract. It would be the shortest case in history. The dealer would win

nichord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Does the document with a price specifically say it is not a contract? Legal terms do matter.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you have nothing. Got it.
Is your name Benjamin by chance?

I have plenty, but I have 0 intention of helping you.

Sponsored

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And? Did you read what he wrote? “I agree that this is the Bronco that I want DCH to order for me”. He signed a piece of paper stating he wants the dealer to order that vehicle with those options. That’s *NOT* a purchase agreement.
Well I have purchased many new trucks from my local Ford dealer and all they ever did was send me over a quote. I never signed anything and they didn't either, but guess what...they delivered every one and charged me exactly what was on the quote. I guess they could have screwed me but they are honest and know what it means to do what's right. In the end smart dealers understand that 10k ADM isn't worth their reputation and future business.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
because no matter what the OP had to say, you could've turned the other cheek and just ignored it.
But instead you chose to be petulant and verbally abusive. I mean, if any of what's going on here made its way to a local news channel's 'On your side" story dept, do you really think it would go well for the dealer over OP? It wouldn't.
Verbally abusive? Can you read?

And yes it’s not a good look for the dealer but frankly who cares? We have bigger things to worry about than a guy who never signed a purchase agreement throwing a tantrum because he is being asked to pay more for the most sought after (for some reason) vehicle on sale today. Talk about 1st world problems.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have eliminated any doubt that the OP was entirely correct that the dealer is an asshole, and is holding his customers' reservations ransom...

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I have purchased many new trucks from my local Ford dealer and all they ever did was send me over a quote. I never signed anything and they didn't either, but guess what...they delivered every one and charged me exactly what was on the quote. I guess they could have screwed me but they are honest and know what it means to do what's right. In the end smart dealers understand that 10k ADM isn't worth their reputation and future business.
Were any of those products as in demand as the Bronco? Was there another plandemic going in when you purchased those as well…dramatically impacting new vehicle supply?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Verbally abusive? Can you read?

And yes it’s not a good look for the dealer but frankly who cares? We have bigger things to worry about than a guy who never signed a purchase agreement throwing a tantrum because he is being asked to pay more for the most sought after (for some reason) vehicle on sale today. Talk about 1st world problems.
Why are you here?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.