Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is just too good not to repeat every 10 posts or so.
Also, there are (5) reviews from people with the last name Lepore. The same last name as their General Store Manager, Joseph Lepore.

DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN
Sponsored

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Recap: Babes in the woods ordered Broncos, without unambiguously nailing down prices they would pay. Crummy dealers who knew better, took advantage of the situation on delivery, by adding ADMs. Now everyone is mad and amateur lawyers, lol.
You are willfully ignoring actual facts. The dealer literally quoted a price on their letterhead and sent it to the "buyer". Buyer executed an order based on this price.

Saying that price was "unambiguously not nailed down" is just a lie.

Correct. And he signed that document saying ‘yes, this is the vehicle and options I want ordered’. There was no agreement on price. The dealer never signed the document either.
The price quote was created by the dealer and on the dealerships letterhead with Ford logo...what the actual F&$@ else would a reasonable buyer expect? Why would the dealer sign the document they created with the price they chose?

stop being obtuse.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes. That’s exactly what I’m saying and yes I do see the problem here.

But the OP also is complicit and handled this in a very poor manner.

As I’ve said many times I hope it works out for him but if it doesn’t he can blame himself for throwing a tantrum. And if I were the dealer, I’d have some strong words for him and his encouraging people to write bad reviews.
LMFAO... you might want to look up the definition of the word "complicit". When you do come back and tell me how the OP is "complicit".

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN 81538162-64A0-458D-8AE7-878EC0D53D7F

Sponsored

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody has said it’s okay. But legally it holds water. The OP should have done his due diligence (because you knew when you ordered it that ADMs were to be expected) and the dealer should have done their due diligence and had paperwork signed by both parties. Both sides are complicit.
For just a guy who is not associated with a dealer, you sure know a lot about ADMs. My last car purchase was the Audi S5, ordered it the day they opened up the order bank. Came in, delivered, no games. So explain to me how I would have known when I ordered to expect an ADM???

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DCH Eatontown Ford has a new google review. Good luck repairing your image and rep.

giphy.gif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Sherminiator Hi there, trying to follow the thread here but I couldn't find whatever the resolution was.

I'm in a similar situation with another dealer.

Were you able to resolve this? Transfer to another dealer? Any info appreciated. Thank you.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Straight from Ford.com:

“By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle.”

https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/

How is this so hard for people to understand?
How is this so hard for dealers to understand they are complicit in FAILING to discuss and agree to final pricing when the order was accepted?

"DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN"

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct. And he signed that document saying ‘yes, this is the vehicle and options I want ordered’. There was no agreement on price. The dealer never signed the document either.
You said there was no price on the document. You lied. It's right there on the (i believe) DORA with the signature of the model/options. Don't lie. Go look at the damn picture. It's right there.

Sponsored

Greggvh

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ram, 18 Charger, 01 Mustang, 98 Firebird
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think one thing that people should first take away from this is not to go into the dealer, email or call them and get upset and tell them that you will not be taking delivery. At that point they can sell the vehicle even if you have something in writing because you have stated you no longer want it. If your goal is truly to get the vehicle you don't want that to happen before you can take any further action with the dealer, Ford, or legal.

Not legal advice just what I would do. I would send an email to the salesperson and as many managers up the chain at the dealership as you can find. Letting them know that you ordered the vehicle at said price and that you expect the dealership to honor it. At no point say will not take the vehicle with the markup because again it can be turned against you.

If that fails I would then send an email to ford. Be as polite as possible. Talk up your wait for the bronco and your excitement for Ford. Don't be negative. Be the costumer that ford wants. Send this to as many people as you can find at ford. Now I know Ford says they have no control over the dealerships but I don't think that is 100% accurate and you never know. You may want to send one a day for a few days.

At that point also if you are dead set on getting the vehicle it would be time to start talking to a lawyer to see if there is any legal options.

Don't let a lot of time go by on these things. The longer you take the more the chance that the dealer can say you abandoned the order and sell the vehicle.

And just my opinion Ford does need to step up and strongly suggest to dealers no markups on orders.

Last edited:

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not at all. The only thing slimy is a grown man throwing a tantrum because he’s not getting what he wants. And then goes on and publicly disparages the dealer. Maybe the dealer should go and sue him for libel. They can easily provide evidence of him telling people to trash their reviews which, in turn, can reasonably be argued that it would have a negative effect on their business. All while he’s in the wrong.

The OP may want to tread lightly. I bet the dealer has deeper pockets than he does.
Hmmm not hard to connect the dots for who you work for/what dealership you might own.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Straight from Ford.com:

“By completing the Reservation Process, you are not ordering or purchasing a vehicle. The Reservation Process allows you to configure a Vehicle and pay the Reservation Deposit (“Reservation Deposit”) to an authorized Ford or Lincoln dealer (collectively “Dealer”) you select. Participation in the Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery. You must contact a Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, arrange any necessary financing, and complete your purchase of the Vehicle.”

https://www.ford.com/help/terms/bronco-and-bronco-sport-reservation/

How is this so hard for people to understand?
We understand what you, ie. DCH Ford of Eatontown, did, and no matter what you are "allowed" to do, springing $10K markup on someone like you did is complete BS, even if you have Ford's blessing to do so, and everyone understands that! I believe my buddies in the area understand what you did as well...scummy dealer!!!! My dealer was in the same spot as you, a hot item ordered by a customer during a pandemic when vehicles are hard to come by, and you know what, they did the ethical and morally correct action of selling it without springing on a $10K dealer greed fee (they did not mark up at all). Wow...Next, as you said in this thread!!!

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That would have been a valid argument prior to the OP having a tantrum and encouraging people to leave fake bad reviews. At this point, and without a purchase agreement or anything binding that says they have to give the OP first right of refusal, they should just wash their hands of him and not to sell it to him. He can go elsewhere.
Fantastic, let me sum this up. After 13 months of waiting patiently for his ordered Bronco the OP walks into DCH Ford of Eatontown and is immediately clubbed senseless like a baby seal. Then he’s not even allowed to have a meltdown...

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember this, the customer chose DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN , put their faith in DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN , relied on DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN to get them their vehicle, used THEIR reservation. Got a DORA with price. Ordered in good faith.

DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN chose to screw him. Plain and simple. Legal or not.

F150 Lightning reservations holders on our sister site should be notified before they make the same mistake.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.