Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I

would ask Hull why he didn't present the Op with a "buyers order" to sign when they ordered the car for him? was it their plan to gouge him in the future, or take the order away from him?
if they are in the car business, why isn't DCH FORD OF ENGLISHTOWN guiding their customers through a legit, honest process? seems like a fail on the dealer from the beginning. How am I as a consumer to know what the right paper work is?
Its called a UDAAP violation...and a very easy to win lawsuit.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The question that keeps coming to my mind as I read all this is if the major hang up here is the buyer not having a signed buyers order then why didn’t the dealer present him one to sign?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your guy, the OP, threw a tantrum at the dealer, damaged their walls, and will now face criminal trespass charges if he steps on their lot.

Wow did this take a turn. All over a mall crawler SUV. Astounding.
How do you know that?
Just come clean, we know you are affiliated with DCH Ford of Eatontown.
Stop hiding and admit it.
The only reason that you are so avidly defending the last minute $10K ADM (added by DCH Ford of Eatontown) is because you are part of that dealership or dealer network.

Customers have a right to know that DCH Ford of Eatontown will tack on last minute ADMs to customer’s orders.

Shame on DCH Ford for pulling these tricks on unsuspecting customers.

I’ll never do any business with DCH Ford of Eatontown because I can’t trust the deal.

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@RJSD Lithia Motors has dealerships in 25 states and 5 provinces. You expect up to believe you aren't affiliated with DCH Ford of Eatontown in any way?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you calling the member here that relayed this information about the OP damaging their walls a liar?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...0k-by-dch-ford-of-eatontown.25686/post-904607
No... no... no... we're calling the GM a liar. Where do you think the member who posted that got the information from? You think that poster was sitting in on the situation or a salesperson? Oh wait are you thinking the poster is the GM? You trying to deflect again? LOL Keep digging....

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The question that keeps coming to my mind as I read all this is if the major hang up here is the buyer not having a signed buyers order then why didn’t the dealer present him one to sign?
And that's the thing. The dealer knew what they were doing, I'm not sure how anyone can dispute that. They sell cars all the time. They know the ins and outs about how things work. They know if they are leaving wiggle room to mess with the price down the road.

Either the dealer informed the customer when he ordered, that the final price on delivery might change, or they didn't. My bet is on the latter.

The other thing though, you'd have to live under a rock or have very low experience, not to know that car dealers can be slippery and scammers when it comes to price. That you should go the extra mile to protect yourself, and especially that price is negotiated, not the MSRP. Maybe some people were confused about the reservation aspect or something of that nature.

I mean, even when buying a car off the lot last year, the dealer was trying to slip $400 VIN etching into the final price document we were both about to sign. So I had to get that removed.

Definitely when ordering a Bronco, the customer should get the purchase order Ford recommended signed by both parties. Even add your own line on the order: "X is the final price for this vehicle, there will be no added markup on delivery". Have both parties initialize that.

RJSD

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because the dealer is either stupid or knew what they were doing.

My guess is they absolutely knew they could take this guy as he didn't/doesn't know how to "cya" so to speak.

But the stupidity is astounding by writing fake reviews to counter the fake reviews. This is comical all around.

But it doesn't change the fact that there was no agreement signed by both parties agreeing on a price. The OP is SOL...and now SOB (sh*t outta Bronco) after he damaged the dealership in his tantrum.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

CMar

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@RJSD - If you aren't the dealer, you are making an a$$ out of yourself all on your own.

@mods - Pull up his email and IP where he registered from. If it's in the "Everglades" (from FL and never heard anyone say they're from the "Everglades" lol) and we are all wrong, just say that. If it's not, POST IT UP!

Coming on a Bronco forum talking about it being a Wrangler Wannabe ... gtfoh

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well that explains why you just joined extremely recently.

Just waiting on that snorkel.
Probably googled "2022 Bronco" and Everglades was one of the first things to come up.

My god the amount of people that think I’m associated with this dealer in any way is absolutely hysterical.

You know what they say about people that assume……
Yup, nothing suspicious/no reason to suspect affiliation when you join the forum a couple days after this thread appears and review damage done online, post exclusively in a single thread debating the subject, have no other information, and are endlessly defending the dealer. Could at least attempt to look more like a real profile by inputting info about what Bronco "you're" getting.

Maybe you aren't affiliated.......but it's VERY coincidental.

4L0wBr0nc0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR Recon Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't even keep track of what I'm supposed to keep track of in life, let alone, what has now become a complicated journey of a Bronco purchase.

In no particular order (for those who have been here the long haul will get this):
Reservation, Signed DORA, Signed sales order (missed that one in MY21 order), Ford Pass points round 1, Cost shift for no top, Ford Pass points round 1, Chose between rear cupholders and washout floor, Mod Bumper change, free Hammock, Free Poster, Ford Pass points round 2, MY21 conversion to order by 3/19/21, undisclosed parts constraints, change to soft top, MY22 re-order by 10/28/21, Price protection certificate (with unknown rules), can change dealers on a case by case basis(wtf)....

All this for one vehicle purchase???!!!???

Memo to Ford and dealers: You can't find more loyal people to piss off. When you are this invested, you will be equally uninvested if it goes that way. We are the people that would sell your product for you. Make this money grab up in further decreased marketing budgets.

Because of Amazon, Carmax, and Vroom, we now have the likes of Tesla and Rivian to throw the final blows to the franchised dealer model. Rant complete.

Sorry to the OP for having to go through it. We all still have a marathon ahead with our own respective deals.

In this case, screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Ford won't get a second chance with thousands of people if they don't eventually intervene. The supply chain will eventually moderate and business will return to a competitive nature. People will not forget how they were treated in this period of time, ever.
This right here. There are several other on point replies as well, but this also touches on the probable future (or lack thereof) of the archaic dealership model. If you stop and think about it, all things have lead us right to this point; technology, information, transparency and proof of successful direct to consumer models have all highlighted the need for a more modern process. Lets face it, today's buyers are more educated about the products (sometimes more than those employed to actually sell the products), they have access to unlimited information and product reviews about the item they are interested in purchasing, they don't need some commission based asshat in a tie and short sleeves to "sell" them anything. The days of lots filled with dealer inventory seems unnecessary as well. This rando appearing out of nowhere to white knight this dealership seems like a fitting bookend to where this whole system went off the rails.

In my opinion, here are a few points of emphasis regarding ADM's:

1. ADM's are for non-customer ordered/dealer inventory vehicles.
2. ADM's are for customer ordered vehicles where there is a pre-determined sense of exclusivity and limited availability (For instance a new Porsche Turbo S or in this case, the guy's Ford GT reference lol) and the ADM is part of the transaction. You know it exists, you know up front you're paying a premium, etc. Popping an ADM on the day you are scheduled to go pick your new vehicle up is unheard of. Straight up savagery.

When I ordered my Bronco (07/14/20) there was no reference of limited availability (especially for 4 doors), no way of knowing the deep and far reaching impact the pandemic would have on auto makers/supply chains or any unforeseen production challenges Ford would experience during this entire year plus process. Or that any of this would ultimately impact the entire auto industry as a whole resulting in little to no inventory for these dealers to sell. But you know what? None of that is my fault. And the idea of being penalized for something that I ordered in good faith prior to all of this happening just seems shameful and unjust.

My salesman agreed to MSRP with no ADM. That said, I sure hope that I am not in for any surprises when I go to pick mine up. Same goes to everyone else who's in the same situation.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers adding surprise ADMs is a very anti-consumer practice, and Ford is complicit by allowing this. That dealer kept sherminator in the dark with the intention of taking advantage of his emotions and wallet. IMO reservation orders should be blocked from adding any ADM at all.

My dealership never informed me of any sort of agreement document available to me to lock in the price before taking delivery. We have a verbal agreement from 31 Jan that my Bronco would be MSRP, and I have a copy of an "Order Preview" with the MSRP, but nothing with signatures. I just now emailed them asking if we can get this signed buyer's agreement. Hopefully no undesired surprises in their response.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.