Sponsored

Update-Situation fixed-So my Bronco has come in.... & marked up 10k by DCH FORD OF EATONTOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Regarding the resolution - it sucks he won't be able to get his Bronco after all this, and will have to wait further (along with the rest of us lol), but at least it's a resolution.

While I doubt the dealer will take down the "very coincidental" (fake) 5-star reviews as 1-star reviews are removed, as a forum if "our" goal is to get him his/a Bronco, removing the reviews would be the correct action as a "good faith" measure. And hopefully they realize if they pull it again with the new one, all bets are off and the review hammer will return lol.

That obviously puts a blanket over the general "shady dealerships" portion of the issue, but again if the goal was to get him a Bronco/resolution, pulling as many of those as possible seemingly needs to happen.
While it sucks for Sherminator, this campaign was already on shaky ground before this even began. Many people turned the other cheek to help him out on principle of the matter. Yay them! Regarding taking down the one star reviews, why do that? The fact still remains that this dealership did some shady tactics and not disclosing the full price… and while I didn’t read ALL the one star reviews, most of what I did read was fairly accurate as portrayed by what went down on this entire 64 page thread. Nothing has changed about DCH Ford of Eatontown charging ADM fees on an ordered vehicle and not disclosing this after this guy waited 13 months for an ordered vehicle. That is not the “fair and honest” dealership they claim to be. My two cents.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer steals a customer’s ordered Bronco then makes him apologize when people gets angry about it. What a sick world we live in.
the word "cuckhold" comes to mind.

While it sucks for Sherminator, this campaign was already on shaky ground before this even began. Many people turned the other cheek to help him out on principle of the matter. Yay them! Regarding taking down the one star reviews, why do that? The fact still remains that this dealership did some shady tactics and not disclosing the full price… and while I didn’t read ALL the one star reviews, most of what I did read was fairly accurate as portrayed by what went down on this entire 64 page thread. Nothing has changed about DCH Ford of Eatontown charging ADM fees on an ordered vehicle and not disclosing this after this guy waited 13 months for an ordered vehicle. That is not the “fair and honest” dealership they claim to be. My two cents.
And they are still doing it. they are advertising prices on their website that do not include ADM, but will not comment on the full price until you come into their store. So, DCH Ford of Eatontown is still engaged in "bait and switch" tactics. This is unrelated to the OP, I chatted with an agent and so this is based on my own experience.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I saw the update and the rest of us reading between the lines. Was just wondering if you knew more than the OP included in his update other than us speculating as to why he is backing down. Your comment sounded like maybe you had some additional details.

I understand that property damage came into play and that was dumb on his part, but i was a litte more curious about how this forum has supposedly hurt the outcome, as OP claims. Is it really just the fact that people from here posted negative reviews?
Yes but wasn't my place to share info.

Oh I don't disagree from a general perspective. I'm looking at it purely from the "get the man his Bronco" perspective.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Fun" seems to be missing from a lot of Bronco situations. Spending time, energy, and money not to have fun ... is a bad deal.

Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed. Unless there’s some missing details that justify it, I don’t see why the reviews should be removed esp if DCH plans to leave up those phony 5 star reviews.

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also don't seem to see why we all need to delete our 1-star reviews. The review I left is entirely about their shady use of fake 5-star reviews on Google. I don't have to have walked into the showroom or to have placed an order with them to know this. My review is staying up since it doesn't seem that getting his Bronco has anything to do with whether they are deleted or not.

If they delete their 5-star reviews, I will delete my 1-star review.

Permaxyz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lordy, so the OP has to issue a public apology and still doesn’t get his Bronco?

And the dealer completely wins because he somehow threatened legal consequences for the OP for daring to go public about the dealer’s shady practices?

Do I have that right? If anyone threatened violence against the dealership, that was wrong. Full stop. But otherwise, it sounds like this dealer used its lawyers to strong arm this result.

Is Ford ok with this?
Louder for the people in the back.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have come to an agreement with the dealership to order a 22MY Bronco at MSRP and will receive a signed purchase agreement at that time. I will follow up in another thread with more information since I've asked this thread to be locked through the moderators.

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have come to an agreement with the dealership to order a 22MY Bronco at MSRP and will receive a signed purchase agreement at that time. I will follow up in another thread with more information since I've asked this thread to be locked through the moderators.
Is your original Bronco already sold to someone else?

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
So ultimately they won - they got their $10k of more ADM from another buyer and are just placating you by being "willing" to sell you a MY22 at MSRP - that's some BS right there. I hope they lose every single MY22 Bronco order (other than yours) so they feel the pain of the crap they pulled because regardless of if you are "okay with it", a lot of this forum is not.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.