Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

what are you bumping this for?

Also unrelated, but why do people on this thread keep saying the bronco raptor has a 10R80? Because it doesn’t.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
what are you bumping this for?

Also unrelated, but why do people on this thread keep saying the bronco raptor has a 10R80? Because it doesn’t.
For new members to notice, simple as that

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any updates? Did this build get finished?
Last thing I saw was this quip from one of the youtube videos but was a couple months back:

Ford Bronco Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction Screenshot 2023-06-08 150500

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how a Barra swap would have gone?

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wonder how a Barra swap would have gone?
Just as slowly I’m guessing. Modded twin turbo 2.7/3.0 will rival most swaps without too much pain and electronic fuckery so that’s probably why these exotic engine swaps aren’t exactly flooding the social medias and why wannabe over-landing/off-roading tchotchkes, bling, colors, lights, bigger suspension, wheels and tires tend to be the go-to wow factor instagrammable mods. The market is now very saturated with Bronco inventory for those willing to hunt or pay up so the be-first mentality and rarity novelty is gone and they should have waited for a BRaptor to do it in with maybe an F150 Raptor R drivetrain.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

should have waited for a BRaptor to do it in with maybe an F150 Raptor R drivetrain.
Raptor would be the last choice for an engine swap, they're too limited in suspension upgradability. You'd have a little more power but at the same time you'd be stuck with a mid travel suspension and a four door. Companies are already making kits for standard Broncos that put raptor suspension to shame in dampening, travel, and flex...but nobody can do anything with a raptor because of the computerized shocks.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boats/Cars/Planes
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No update in 2023?....This isn't looking good.... I don't think Ford could have made this any harder.... For all the "Mr. Potato Head" style mods 'personalizing' your 6g, Ford certainly doesn't seem to want you to be able to Mod what's really important...

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No update in 2023?....This isn't looking good.... I don't think Ford could have made this any harder.... For all the "Mr. Potato Head" style mods 'personalizing' your 6g, Ford certainly doesn't seem to want you to be able to Mod what's really important...
Well that blows. I'm waiting for real mods to begin with, like unlocked ECU tunes, throttle bodies and everything else, not these fart cans and intakes

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So did they bail on this project or just no recent updates?

Sponsored
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I held off buying a Bronco in hopes of an old school 302/5.0L v8 Bronco. I failed. I test drove a wildtrak while I had my Raptor F-150 in for service and I traded that day. I love the current Bronco but if it had a 302, it would check all the boxes! I pray this happens soon!

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I held off buying a Bronco in hopes of an old school 302/5.0L v8 Bronco. I failed. I test drove a wildtrak while I had my Raptor F-150 in for service and I traded that day. I love the current Bronco but if it had a 302, it would check all the boxes! I pray this happens soon!
Why? The 2.7 makes more torque and at a much lower RPM. Have you driven a 5.0 in the new F150. It’s all top end power and not much down low. The 2.7’s biggest issue is its lazy tune from the factory. Once that’s addressed it turns into a beast.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True experts and Ford engineers said when a bunch of shops said they were gonna coyote swap 6g bronco's that it wasn't gonna be easy if possible at all.

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eh, should be fine.

V8 Coyote maxes out at around 550nm, maybe 570nm of torque. Transmission is rated for 600nm. People tend to forget the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost has a similar torque rating to the V8 Coyote when the turbos on the are spun up on the EcoBoost. (Hence why Ford is using these smaller V6 EcoBoost engines instead of V8 engines.)

Now if they stick a turbo or a supercharger on the Coyote… well then yeah, something to be concerned about.

Logically they would just swap in the F-150 transmission to take the guess work away on the programming side. But not sure if there is physically enough room to do that, so they may have to stick with the stock Bronco transmission.
Yeah, from the factory the 2.7 in the F150 runs rings around the 5.0. The only way to make it out perform the 2.7 is to supercharge it. I have all three F150 engines in F150s and they’re all great but the only thing the coyote has over the eco-boosts is the great V8 sound. Both eco-boosts outperform the 5.0 in every performance category, especially towing.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: 0ne