First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After they break about 20 different things they then have to replace for more big $$, I’m sure it will be sweet. Wish I had that kind of F you money
Sponsored

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Update: Supercharged V8 5.0 Coyote Engine Swap into Ford Bronco by No Traction Faction 1661990485764

If we didn’t have people willing to try new things we would have never had hot rods, muscle cars, NHRA or a lot of other motorsports. This is exactly what drove Jeep to finally develop the 392 Jeep, since the guys that wanted one couldn’t get one from the factory so they’ve been doing it for years on their own using hemi’s and LS motors. I would personally love a factory V8 that gets 17-19mpg just so I could pull up next to someone driving a ‘green’ vehicle, rev that throaty V8 then give them the single finger salute when they gave me that look of disgust…lol

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Eh, should be fine.

V8 Coyote maxes out at around 550nm, maybe 570nm of torque. Transmission is rated for 600nm. People tend to forget the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost has a similar torque rating to the V8 Coyote when the turbos on the are spun up on the EcoBoost. (Hence why Ford is using these smaller V6 EcoBoost engines instead of V8 engines.)

Now if they stick a turbo or a supercharger on the Coyote… well then yeah, something to be concerned about.

Logically they would just swap in the F-150 transmission to take the guess work away on the programming side. But not sure if there is physically enough room to do that, so they may have to stick with the stock Bronco transmission.
it feels like more than turbo lag, I think ford restricted the tune in 1st and 2nd gear to protect the transmission.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would have just tuned the 2.7

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Its cool. But lets see how it fits with
Washer fluid, AC, Decent Radiator, power steering etc. willing to bet it wont fit well with out fire wall mods. Or new frame/body.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

GoNnA vOiD tHe WaRrAnTy!!!

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Having a Gen 3 Coyote and a 2.7 F150, this isn't a wise choice. All the torque in the 5.0 is above 4500 RPM. Those engines like to be wound up. The torque in the 2.7 F150 starts to pull down low, which is where you want it. In addition, the Coyote is a massive, massive engine. Makes no sense at all. Max torque for Gen 3 Coyote = 420. Max torque for 2.7 Bronco = 415. I don't see any benefit aside from adding a bunch of weight, taking up a BUNCH of space, and having to rev your taint dry to get into the torque band.

Sponsored

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Instead of 500 trim levels with a bunch of tech that no one over 30yrs old cares about, Ford should stop messing around and just given us 4 engine options ALL available with AT or MT transmissions + HOSS 3.0:

2.3 I4 Turbo
2.7 V6TT
Skip to 3.0 V6TT or replace 2.7 with 3.0
Coyote or Godzilla V8 NA
Coyote or Godzilla V8 SC or TT w/upgraded performance brakes

If Jeep can make it work with the 392 Rubicon...so can Ford. No excuses.

Maybe Ford will be managed by someone with some cahones again some day and not their EPA bias legal department. Which has been the downfall of most automakers these days.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I were to try and tackle this I think I would try to find a donor F150 with a 5.0 already mated to a 10R80. Not sure how everything else will jive together though.
F150 is not how you spell Mustang. ;)

And if they just swapped it into a stick shift it would bolt right up and be fine, since the 7MT is an internal mod to the existing 6MT in the 'Stang.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They better develop a tremec kit as well for it

Pkrpro19

Badlands
First Name
Jaxon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snapping axles instead of tie rods. :LOL:
You do realize the 2.7L V6 produces almost the same torque if not more as the V8. Won’t be a problem at all, especially in a Sasquatch.
Sponsored