Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M Sport, Mercedes Benz E350, Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, should be fine.

V8 Coyote maxes out at around 550nm, maybe 570nm of torque. Transmission is rated for 600nm. People tend to forget the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost has a similar torque rating to the V8 Coyote when the turbos on the are spun up on the EcoBoost. (Hence why Ford is using these smaller V6 EcoBoost engines instead of V8 engines.)

Now if they stick a turbo or a supercharger on the Coyote… well then yeah, something to be concerned about.

Logically they would just swap in the F-150 transmission to take the guess work away on the programming side. But not sure if there is physically enough room to do that, so they may have to stick with the stock Bronco transmission.
The 10r60 should be just fine. You are correct the F-150 10r80 programming will not work with the Bronco modules or fit.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The 10r60 should be just fine. You are correct the F-150 10r80 programming will not work with the Bronco modules or fit.
10R60 won’t fit a coyote without some type of adapter and smaller flex plate . The bell housing and converter is quite a bit smaller than a 10R80.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You do realize the 2.7L V6 produces almost the same torque if not more as the V8. Won’t be a problem at all, especially in a Sasquatch.
It was humor (humour for @604Bronco).

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, the low end torque of the turbo is better, but since the 5.0 bolts up to and is designed to work with the manual, I'd have to take that pairing over the turbo with an auto. While the power band isn't optimal for crawling I'm sure there is enough power for me to make use of that excellent crawler gear.

But on the road, the majority of our driving, that engine and trans would be fun!

And "stepping on the Coyote" while desert running would be REALLY FUN!

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Instead of 500 trim levels with a bunch of tech that no one over 30yrs old cares about, Ford should stop messing around and just given us 4 engine options ALL available with AT or MT transmissions + HOSS 3.0:

2.3 I4 Turbo
2.7 V6TT
Skip to 3.0 V6TT or replace 2.7 with 3.0
Coyote or Godzilla V8 NA
Coyote or Godzilla V8 SC or TT w/upgraded performance brakes

If Jeep can make it work with the 392 Rubicon...so can Ford. No excuses.

Maybe Ford will be managed by someone with some cahones again some day and not their EPA bias legal department. Which has been the downfall of most automakers these days.
This ^
Congress abdicated law making to un-elected bureaucrats who pretend to science and create regulations that favor large businesses as those same large businesses lobby (bribe) them. Small companies can't afford to keep up with the regulations and when the large business thinks the regulation goes to far, they have a team of lawyers on hand to get their way.

We're stuck with shitty V6 turbo that only gets better mileage than a V8 on the EPA test.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Having a Gen 3 Coyote and a 2.7 F150, this isn't a wise choice. All the torque in the 5.0 is above 4500 RPM. Those engines like to be wound up. The torque in the 2.7 F150 starts to pull down low, which is where you want it. In addition, the Coyote is a massive, massive engine. Makes no sense at all. Max torque for Gen 3 Coyote = 420. Max torque for 2.7 Bronco = 415. I don't see any benefit aside from adding a bunch of weight, taking up a BUNCH of space, and having to rev your taint dry to get into the torque band.
that might be true...
but...

its gonna sound SICK

JustinZ

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just gonna say it. The 5.0 was a poor choice for this project. The 7.3 would have fit better physically and spiritually. I know this will ruffle some jimmies, but the 7.3 is really just a tall LS motor. I absolutely do applaud the effort though and I really hope they make it work. Please don't think I'm not rooting for these guys.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A stock Coyote doesn't make much more power than the 2.7L/3.0L so not quite sure why everyone is worked up about what needs to the beefed up. And it's not even a question the V6s have better torque curves. The 5.0L makes cooler noises tho. It'll be interesting if this actually gets completed and doesn't run into some unworkable obstacle. May finally quell the gripes a bit as to why we're not getting a factory Coyote if it becomes obvious to some that it requires major re-engineering.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ah the vroom vroom guys are creaming in their pants……..happy for you. Just don’t pretend it’s anything other than the vroom vroom, it’s not any more power than the 2.7. Snapping axles 😂

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hope, they went for the extended year, milage new car front to back warranty, offered at closing....
So you really think the warranty will still be honored!!! Ha ha ha