First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated 9/15/22: Tentative Deal Reached to Avoid Strike!

The White House has struck a tentative deal to avoid a rail strike that threatened massive disruption across the United States.​

ORIGINAL POST 9/14/22

This was posted on the Lightning Forum

Any one who ships out of Dearborn on Norfolk Southern will be affected at end of Presidents "Cooling Off Period" for negotiations closes on the 16th. To prepare, NS had released the below. "Automotive NS will enact an embargo of all automotive traffic, effective 00:01 Wednesday, September 14."​
Units at ending terminal will be allowed to pick up and transfer to Auto Carrier for last mile loads.​
Edit: To be fair, I updated the title to include the possibility that this will become a Lockout by the rail companies rather than a strike by rail workers.​
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A train workers union strike could come as early as just after midnight on Friday (16SEP22) if a deal isn't reached ahead of that time between major rail companies and the four unions that have not agreed to the current proposal put forth by the presidential emergency board (PEB)

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My Bronco arrived at its destination yesterday afternoon. I barely made the cutoff.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First we had dirt mountain, next we will have train mountain.

My luck, build week 10/10..
If they don't have this resolved by the time your rig is shipping we've all got BIG problems

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they don't have this resolved by the time your rig is shipping we've all got BIG problems
This is true, but it could create the next great backlog etc. Everything around us will be impacted by this strike including parts for future builds.

Will see I guess.

Sponsored

mintypickleman

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is true, but it could create the next great backlog etc. Everything around us will be impacted by this strike including parts for future builds.

Will see I guess.
Yea you are right. I was looking at this via my small lens, already shipped. I'm glad I'm at where I'm at, built, shipped, close. But I'm 2 years and one month into this and its at a railyard 5 hours by train to my final destination, so it's a bit of a bummer. That being said once they do resolve this it shouldn't be too much longer for me.

Here's to hoping they get these labor negotiations sorted out quickly for all of us. Good luck my guy, hope all your dates stay on schedule from this point on.

Sand70

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Train info overview linked on bottom of this page.

I don't see who gets Norfolk Southern. I'm CSX, so can someone confirm that they will strike as well?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-bronco-build-tracking-links.22795/
All unions except the conductor and engineer union agreed to the terms. The sticking point is sick days. Supposedly the railroad has been firing people for calling in sick. Also instead of two individuals on a train there is only one on most trains.
This does affect all rr companies.
Sponsored