Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they don't have this resolved by the time your rig is shipping we've all got BIG problems
If they don't resolve this before a lockout or strike period we have BIG problems
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
First we had dirt mountain, next we will have train mountain.

My luck, build week 10/10...our raptor has same production date, we production pals🤪
made this for those that get stuck on rail. Our raptor has same production date, we production pals 🤪😂
Ford Bronco [Update: Tentative Deal Reached 9/15 to Avoid Strike!] Bronco rail train loading suspended as of 9/14 (Impending Rail Strike / Lockout) 2147E90A-7CA7-4C70-A5EF-B84F8A757056

jandro

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x1, c30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just thinking about that, I ordered one back when I lived up near Philly and am expecting it to be built 10/22. I don't know if their main method is truck or rail but crossing my fingers its convoy.
FWIW I’m in Philly and my window sticker says rail.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hell just open up a mobile PDI shop and let us pick up from the production facility.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The same rail strike/lockout will shut MAP down within 24 hours due to no incoming parts. It will be interesting to see how the federal govt handles the situation.

Sponsored

PiratePhil96

Outer Banks
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well looks like the IAM (International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers) Union has voted to reject their tentative contract and approve a strike. They are the first to do so. They are one of the smaller unions with only about 5,000 members, but not a good sign at all.

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think they'll strike, the question will be for how long before Congress steps in. It sucks but I honestly don't blame the rail workers. I have a few friends with husbands that work for BNSF and their attendance policy is awful. They're basically on call 24/7 and get penalized for taking any days off (dr appt, sick, funeral, etc). That seems to be the big sticking point in the contract negotiations.

My Bronco is supposed to be built 9/20 and is coming by rail so I'm right there with you guys with the uncertainty.

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All unions except the conductor and engineer union agreed to the terms. The sticking point is sick days. Supposedly the railroad has been firing people for calling in sick. Also instead of two individuals on a train there is only one on most trains.
This does affect all rr companies.
One of my kiddos worked for the railroad and they didn't even get sick days until after 5 years, So, if they had to call in sick, NO PAY. :(

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, I haven't followed it that much, admittedly. But I do hope this one gets fixed in a damn hurry. We all selfishly (tongue-in-cheek, not accusatory) worry about our truck deliveries, but trains still carry a huge percentage of our goods, and this going on for a bit leads to nothing on the shelves at Target and any heavy manufacturing just straight up stopping.
For sure! We got much larger problems if this goes down.

Sponsored

FireBall

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Venza, Catalina 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well looks like the IAM (International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers) Union has voted to reject their tentative contract and approve a strike. They are the first to do so. They are one of the smaller unions with only about 5,000 members, but not a good sign at all.
PiratePhil - On a MUCH more important note, Interesting avatar for someone living in Raleigh. Pirate? Even after the game 2 weeks ago? [Just talking a quick jab...]

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sticking to what is public knowledge...

- The last time it reached this point was in 1992 and congress intervened. Congress can intervene again, and several Senators have prepared a resolution requiring rail workers work under the terms of the Presidential Emergency Board recommendations. The Senators who prepared the resolution are all Republican and at this time no Democrat Senators have indicated support

- The two unions who have held out, are holding out due to disagreement around work rules. They represent the conductors and engineers who operate the actual trains. The sticking point is around the ability to schedule off days

- IF a strike were to happen, the big question would be around transportation of goods that normally go by rail. That includes coal for power plants, chlorine for water treatment facilities, and food products such as grain and produce.

- The measures taken by the rail companies such as refusing hazardous material shipments, intermodal containers, and autos is to prevent these items from being stranded in a location that they cannot be secured and are open to theft, vandalism, or in the case of hazmat an unsafe location.

This s a serious issue that has not been seen in 30 years. The ramifications are immense and will impact everyone. If there is a strike and it lasts any significant period of time, the delivery window of your Bronco will be a minor concern even to those waiting for theirs.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah this is not going to end well

PiratePhil96

Outer Banks
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

PiratePhil - On a MUCH more important note, Interesting avatar for someone living in Raleigh. Pirate? Even after the game 2 weeks ago? [Just talking a quick jab...]
Ouch...sore subject. Pirate undergrad and grad. My office is FILLED with state grads making it rough. Doesn't help I ordered a Race Red bronco :LOL:

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, just got my 'shipped' email on Monday the 12th - after sitting since 6/29 in production. Ford tracker has shipped with delivery between 9/26 and 10/2. Order Track on the other hand still has awaiting shipment. Wonder how this shutdown and possible strike might impact that might have on any delivery for items in the rail system already.
Sponsored