First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You don’t want to know everything that will be affected if rail doesn’t move normally……….
toilet paper hoarding... again. lmao!
Sponsored

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of this morning, the Ford tracker shows my Bronco has shipped.
As of this morning, N.S. closed the "In Gates" for loading rail cars.

Schrodinger's Bronco.

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the rail guys do not do it, the car haulers will be back in full force?
Most of the car haulers are not designed for long haul trucking. Ford could possibly route a few more car haulers to dealers within a few hundred mile (maybe 500 or 600?). I certainly wouldn't want just any truck driver trying to figure out how to safely load and unload vehicles from a car hauling trailer. That has to be a practiced skill.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Next, we'll hear the Russians are in Jersey! Just when you think we've turned the corner, you end up in a blind alley.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most of the car haulers are not designed for long haul trucking. Ford could possibly route a few more car haulers to dealers within a few hundred mile (maybe 500 or 600?). I certainly wouldn't want just any truck driver trying to figure out how to safely load and unload vehicles from a car hauling trailer. That has to be a practiced skill.
I hope the powers that be can figure this out, because we have a finite amount of time to enjoy it:
'Life is short, but Broncos are cool!' :D

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's the odds of getting my MY23 by Christmas? Slim and none?

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn't we have "Full Self Driving" trains by now? There on rails for FS! What could go wrong? ;)
If the rail companies were allowed to do that it would already be happening. But then who would they blame when the train crashes?

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

So I read that strike's are on hold until 9/29. Is that accurate, or is that just one of the unions?

Sponsored

outnumbered

Wildtrak
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next, we'll hear the Russians are in Jersey! Just when you think we've turned the corner, you end up in a blind alley.
Not likely. The Ukrainians are kicking their asses back to the Russian border up in the Northern Front.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope cooler heads prevail and all parties hammer out an agreement/compromise at the negotiation table. Although this forum is automotive-focused, other members here have pointed out there are fair bigger impacts to the nation if there is a rail strike. As reported at CNN Business:

• Gasoline: Without freight railroads, oil refineries would have trouble producing their current volumes of gasoline, which could send gas prices higher, ending a string of three months of falling prices at the pump.
  • Food: It could disrupt the nation’s food supplies, preventing recently harvested crops to move to food processors and disrupting the supply of fertilizer needed for upcoming plantings.
  • Consumer goods: According to the National Retail Federation, Any rail strike could have long-lasting negative effects on the import of goods for the holiday shopping season, causing shortages and higher prices.
  • Cars and trucks: Car prices have already hit record prices this year due to the limited supply of new vehicles caused by a shortage of computer chips and other parts. A rail strike would further choke supplies, cutting off the delivery of auto parts to auto assembly plants, which could force temporary shutdowns at some plants. It would also disrupt the flow of completed new cars and trucks, 75% of which move by rail.
[Source: https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/13/business/railroad-strike-outlook-economic-impact/index.html#:~:text=A rail strike would further,of which move by rail.]

braasch77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, unless i missed it in this thread, if a strike happens, what is the fate of vehicles already on trains? If they've stopped accepting vehicles (and certain other freight) for liability reasons, is it reasonable to think that vehicles already on trains will get to their final destinations even if there is a strike in order to limit the liability of having vehicles in train cars sitting in rail yards exposed to theft or vandalism?

OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I read that strike's are on hold until 9/29. Is that accurate, or is that just one of the unions?
I think you are referencing this:

"One of the first unions to reach a tentative agreement with freight railroads is back at square one after some of its members voted to instead authorize a strike.

A division of the International Association of Machinists Wednesday announced that its membership had rejected a compromise and approved a strike no sooner than Sept. 29, which would allow other unions involved more time to continue negotiating. "

I believe the problem for the Rail companies is that they have pre-emptively acted as though a strike will happen and started shutting down shipments. IMHO, this is a pre-cursor to a lockout although one could view this as making sure trains are not just sitting on the tracks if workers walked off the job. Unless the other unions agree they would not strike until that 9/29 deadline is reached, our Bronco's are going nowhere.
Sponsored