Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

cashing in dont let a good crises go to waste :rolleyes:

14% raise with back pay dating back to 2020. It also includes raises totaling 24% during the five-year life of the contract, that runs from 2020 through 2024. It also gives them cash bonuses of $1,000 a year for five-year life of the contract.
Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base

14% raise with back pay dating back to 2020. It also includes raises totaling 24% during the five-year life of the contract, that runs from 2020 through 2024. It also gives them cash bonuses of $1,000 a year for five-year life of the contract.
These people are in situations where they can’t even take unpaid time off to see a doctor due to staffing issues. The rail companies have been holding back wages for years and it’s been leading to massive industry flight, upwards of 25% in 5 years. Thats put huge burdens on the people still employed and, on top of that, they haven’t seen an increase in compensation.

All that while the rail industry has recorded record profits. Companies like BNSF and Union Pacifc have been done multiple rounds of stock buybacks too, upwards of $200,000,000,000 worth across the industry.

Yeah I’d strike too.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

These people are in situations where they can’t even take unpaid time off to see a doctor due to staffing issues. The rail companies have been holding back wages for years and it’s been leading to massive industry flight, upwards of 25% in 5 years. Thats put huge burdens on the people still employed and, on top of that, they haven’t seen an increase in compensation.

All that while the rail industry has recorded record profits. Companies like BNSF and Union Pacifc have been done multiple rounds of stock buybacks too, upwards of $200,000,000,000 worth across the industry.

Yeah I’d strike too.
I don't normally side with unions, but in this case I think they did well. If they had followed through with holding the economy hostage then it would be different, but as it went, I'm glad it worked out. They are pretty critical to us all.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Are you insinuating they’re not deserving? Do these people criticize your raises? Do you tell your boss, “I make plenty! Give me the bare minimum!”

I’m a union electrician for a very large company you all shop at. In 2020 I didn’t get a CHOICE to work from home. I wasn’t given a CHOICE to sit at home and get paid more than my paychecks ever were for 2 years like everyone else.

I had to get up every single day like nothing ever changed when every news outlet in the world was telling me, “it’s serious, you could die if you get it.” I didn’t know what was going to happen at the time but I needed my paychecks. Just like these people.

Apparently then we were “heroes” and “essential” but now we’re villains because we’re asking to be compensated for what we had to deal with and moving forward? Interesting.

Carry on.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Yeah I’d strike too.
I agree. Anyone who feels this was gaming by the workers in a Covid crisis is not reviewing the situation at hand. Their contract was set to expire and negations were taking place as always. Both sides were acting in good faith to get to a resolution. The federal government under the 1986 Rail Act was set to intervene if necessary. This was more than about pay but healthcare and time off. It has been resolved and no disruption of service will take place. The press as always wants to flame the rhetoric to sell news. I thank both parties for being professional during the negotiating process. Now bring me my Bronco waiting for delivery..........

Last edited:
OP
OP
P52Ranch

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
VIN: 0075

Bronco is enroute via rail and will hopefully arrive this week pending strike outcome.... but just got my pic emailed today!

Ford Bronco [Update: Tentative Deal Reached 9/15 to Avoid Strike!] Bronco rail train loading suspended as of 9/14 (Impending Rail Strike / Lockout) image
Ford must only have Green paint left. Just got my baby pic too.
Ford Bronco [Update: Tentative Deal Reached 9/15 to Avoid Strike!] Bronco rail train loading suspended as of 9/14 (Impending Rail Strike / Lockout) 1663259022444

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news - now I can direct all my frustration directly at Ford for my Bronco still not being here instead of some poor railroad worker
Dude I literally laughed out loud in my office. haha thanks for that!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you insinuating they’re not deserving? Do these people criticize your raises? Do you tell your boss, “I make plenty! Give me the bare minimum!”

I’m a union electrician for a very large company you all shop at. In 2020 I didn’t get a CHOICE to work from home. I wasn’t given a CHOICE to sit at home and get paid more than my paychecks ever were for 2 years like everyone else.

I had to get up every single day like nothing ever changed when every news outlet in the world was telling me, “it’s serious, you could die if you get it.” I didn’t know what was going to happen at the time but I needed my paychecks. Just like these people.

Apparently then we were “heroes” and “essential” but now we’re villains because we’re asking to be compensated for what we had to deal with and moving forward? Interesting.

Carry on.
💥BOOM💥 🎤 drop

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Railroad workers secured a deal that will deliver 24% raises and $5,000 bonuses over five years"
That's $1.2B per year and $600M in bonuses (the deal is retroactive, so $2.4B immediate backpay.) Labor costs run about 30-35% of freight costs, so expect them to go up around 8% on all goods. I.e. more inflation on the way. Destination charge for MY23 going up?

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Railroad workers secured a deal that will deliver 24% raises and $5,000 bonuses over five years"
That's $1.2B per year and $600M in bonuses (the deal is retroactive, so $2.4B immediate backpay.) Labor costs run about 30-35% of freight costs, so expect them to go up around 8% on all goods. I.e. more inflation on the way. Destination charge for MY23 going up?
I'd rather we just make buybacks illegal again. The US rail industry has spent 200 BILLION on them in the last 10 years. Wonder how much of the $1,600 destination charge is going straight to some speculator's pockets. 🤔

Anyway. Worker's deserve their share, especially ones as screwed over as the ones in shipping.
Sponsored