Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why would bad spark plugs or ignition coils trigger injector circuit fault codes?

Iā€™d suspect pcm or wiring issue (possibly a loose wiring connection) if not an injector.
Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need a wiring diagram. Maybe those 2 items have a common ground or power feed. I agree, likely a connection issue that's likely to return unless traced down. But not detriminal to the engine...just annoying.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco continues to run just fine. No issues whatsoever with another 300 miles on it since the issue. Someone mentioned the possibility that when the dealer sprayed water in the engine compartment to clean off the dirt mountain dust that some water may have gone someplace it shouldnā€™t have. The dust pattern in the engine compartment does appear to be consistent with a recent spray off.
As far as the dealer replacing parts goes, Iā€™m sure Ford has protocols they follow that say what justifies a part being replaced. When they canā€™t duplicate the problem or find any issues, I would imagine thereā€™s no justification to replace parts, at least not on the first occurrence. If it happens again, I agree something more needs to be done. Iā€™m hoping there wonā€™t be a second time.
Sponsored