MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right about now I would be happy to say my Bronco was in the shop.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man it sucks seeing all these problems with the 2.7 looks like all the people that chose the 2.3 chose wisely. I was going to get the 2.3 but wanted the extra power of the 2.7 I hope when I get mine it dosent have problems

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the line needs to settle down and assembly kinks need to sort themselves out. Too much rushing.
Iā€˜m not sure itā€™s possible to go any slower. :LOL:

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you sure it's a tranny issue and not a dropped cylinder or valve issue? I guess you'll find out soon eh?
The only reason I say trans is because the tans light came on, but who knows. I have an OBD2 reader ordered but itā€™s not here yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man it sucks seeing all these problems with the 2.7 looks like all the people that chose the 2.3 chose wisely. I was going to get the 2.3 but wanted the extra power of the 2.7 I hope when I get mine it dosent have problems
Having driven a 2D OB for two months with the 2.3, I have to say I was VERY impressed with that motor. Itā€™s a little bit noisier in the cab than the 2.7, but the amount of power theyā€™re getting out of these four cylinder ecoboost engines is amazing. That thing just moved when you put your foot into it. If I had gone with the 2D and wasnā€™t planning on adding a fair amount of weight in a bumper, winch, etc for my build I would have been totally satisfied with the 2.3.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the line needs to settle down and assembly kinks need to sort themselves out. Too much rushing.
I agree 100 I think ford has been rushing these broncos to get them out and there has been little to none as far as quality control goes. Im starting to wonder if itā€™s a smart move to buy a Ford bronco. I understand itā€™s a first model year but I donā€™t see these problems being corrected bye the time mine is built in Nov and the same goes for people getting a 22

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man, I just got my built email and feel like the rollercoaster operator just isn't ready to shut it down for us to get off. I've been a Toyota guy for my adult life. I've had to shave heads on a couple of those old 22RE's but they were well into their lifecycle. I know this isn't every one that rolls off of the line but it definitely makes an uneasy feeling about the whole deal.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What wax did you use!?!

Damn, that really sucks... You know that it's probably something serious, but I hope it's just a stupid sensor.

Best of luck.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only reason I say trans is because the tans light came on, but who knows. I have an OBD2 reader ordered but itā€™s not here yet.
When you get a chance, make sure that you get the engine and transmission serial numbers. We need to establish ranges of known bad units.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, I just got my built email and feel like the rollercoaster operator just isn't ready to shut it down for us to get off. I've been a Toyota guy for my adult life. I've had to shave heads on a couple of those old 22RE's but they were well into their lifecycle. I know this isn't every one that rolls off of the line but it definitely makes an uneasy feeling about the whole deal.
I really like the 22 tundra My heart wants me to get my bronco my head is telling me to let the dealer have it a d order a 22 Trd pro tundra. I a,ready got stuff for my bronco though and just ordered the arch type racing steps for it the other day so Iā€™m in it for better or worst just got to try and stay pumped I mean positive

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My previous vehicle was a Toyota Tundra that I had for 10 years and never had a single mechanical issue. I hope I donā€™t regret getting the Bronco and wish I had gone with a 4Runner instead.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very good question! Two of those days were spent working 12 hour shifts in an ICU. I also had been driving a 2D OB loaner for two months so the priority for me on the third day was to get the side steps mounted so my kids donā€™t scratch up the door sills.
Geezus, please don't tell me you are a nurse. Then I will feel worse. Being a nurse myself, not only did we get screwed during the whole covid pandemic (worked a ton of mandated overtime, dealt with significant changes on a hourly basis [what ppe to use, how to handle visitors, etc.], but most of those who I know, got stuck paying great big tax bill at the end of the year from of off our overtime. Now, this... ?!!

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When you get a chance, make sure that you get the engine and transmission serial numbers. We need to establish ranges of known bad units.
I will do that when I get the vehicle back.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree 100 I think ford has been rushing these broncos to get them out and there has been little to none as far as quality control goes. Im starting to wonder if itā€™s a smart move to buy a Ford bronco. I understand itā€™s a first model year but I donā€™t see these problems being corrected bye the time mine is built in Nov and the same goes for people getting a 22
I suspect that if it's an engine problem, it's likely to be another failed valve. Seems like the bad batch of valves theory (hasn't been confirmed) may actually be a thing. Additionally since the Lima Engine plant was having low daily production numbers around that time due to being idled, it wouldn't surprise me if the date range is substantial but the numbers are relatively low... but who knows at this point.
Sponsored