Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

When I said replace the motor, I mean when it fails, sorry... I should have been more clear about that. They aren't about to pull all the Broncos potentially impacted in for a new motor. They will expect you to blow it up first!
no, I completely understood what you meant. But what Iā€™m saying is that if 2.7ā€™s start blowing up left and right because of bad valves Ford will likely issue a FSA to replace the heads or valves proactively (not complete engines).

I guess the alternative would be to keep driving and HOPE that it drops a valve causing catastrophic failure which would then mandate a complete long block replacement.
Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no, I completely understood what you meant. But what Iā€™m saying is that if 2.7ā€™s start blowing up left and right because of bad valves Ford will likely issue a FSA to replace the heads or valves proactively (not complete engines).

I guess the alternative would be to keep driving and HOPE that it drops a valve causing catastrophic failure which would then mandate a complete long block replacement.
I canā€™t imagine there being no damage to the cylinder wall that experienced a dropped valve. Wall scoring would affect ring sealing. Nevermind, I misread what you wrote. This was an issue with my 07 r1. Lots of broken valves. Yamaha replaced failed engines under warranty. No recall issued. When the warranty ran out, no more problem for yamaha

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are these things duds or what? The Bronco I had at an off-roadeo had a major engine issue and just died on the trail.

With what I keep seeing, I'm glad I'm probably not going to get one until 2023.
People with issues post threads on forums.

People without issues don't, they drive thier Broncos.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never owned a new vehicle before? They have the same problems as used cars only it is covered under warranty. Probably a glitch in software

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My badlands threw the service engine soon wrench this morning with 45 miles on the Odometer. I hooked my odbii scanner up and I am getting a torque converter clutch solenoid operation speed error. I did the Disconnect the battery and cleared the code but it has came back a couple of times. I am headed to the dealer in the morning. Hopefully It is just a software glitch.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Toyota would have done a new design 4Runner or brought back a slightly larger FJ I would have went that route. Ford really did a great job overall with the Bronco. I've been driving my Tundra since 2008 so I'm ready for a change.
Can someone with Twitter hit up Mike levines account if there is a big problem with the 2.7 like evryone hit his account until we get an awnser
ive been hitting up his Twitter for weeks... he most likely has me blocked at this point
Ford Bronco UPDATE: Transmission problem before 100 miles- had to be towed šŸ˜” 1635763939167

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep in mind, many many thousands of Broncos have been made already, and we've only heard of a few dozen major issues so far that I've seen.

It sucks and I would be really bummed if I was in OPs shoes, but I don't think we need to panic about quality yet.
But also remember, I don't know how many members this board has, but we represent a insignificant amount of Bronco Orders.

So If you look at how many people on this board have actually gotten their Broncos and you look at how many people have had issues with their Broncos, I think the percentage actually warrants a little bit of panic

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This does not sound like engine issue and most likely threw a P0882 code with low voltage to TCM power inputā€¦thus setting off limp mode. Assuming the engine was idling fine, but yesā€¦a scanner would have given you some more insight. This is just a BOFG on my part :)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This does not sound like engine issue and most likely threw a P0882 code with low voltage to TCM power inputā€¦thus setting off limp mode. Assuming the engine was idling fine, but yesā€¦a scanner would have given you some more insight. This is just a BOFG on my part :)
Most limp home modes don't make the engine run rough, but who knows until it is actually looked over. I am still hoping for just a bad sensor for the OP.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most limp home modes don't make the engine run rough, but who knows until it is actually looked over. I am still hoping for just a bad sensor for the OP.
This is why I wasnā€™t convinced it was in limp mode. I believe limp mode should only attenuate the throttle input to limit speed but itā€™s been more than ten years since I had a car that went into limp mode so I could be wrong. The vibration was what concerned me the most.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hereā€™s the update on my Bronco- The dealer was able to pull a code that he described as ā€œmisfireā€ in cylinders 1 and 5 I believe it was. Iā€™m trying to get the actual code number. The two most senior service techs at the dealer drove my Bronco for about 30 minutes with a laptop connected to the system to continuously monitor it while driving. They didnā€™t find a single issue or misfire. They reinstalled the main software just in case it was a software issue. They are keeping it overnight and are going to drive it again in the morning once more to try and duplicate the problem. If they donā€™t find anything thereā€™s nothing else to do at this point unless it happens again.

Also I wanted to clarify and correct my original description of the problem. I had stated that the ā€œtransā€ light came on. When this happened it was 2Am and I was running on about three hours sleep in 24rs. I looked at the manual today to confirm the light I thought I saw, and was not able to find a indicator light specific to the transmission. The light I apparently saw was the ā€œMalfunction Indicator Light.ā€ The dealer found no codes related to a transmission issue.
I will update tomorrow with any final findings and hopefully the actual code designation.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hereā€™s the update on my Bronco- The dealer was able to pull a code that he described as ā€œmisfireā€ in cylinders 1 and 5 I believe it was. Iā€™m trying to get the actual code number. The two most senior service techs at the dealer drove my Bronco for about 30 minutes with a laptop connected to the system to continuously monitor it while driving. They didnā€™t find a single issue or misfire. They reinstalled the main software just in case it was a software issue. They are keeping it overnight and are going to drive it again in the morning once more to try and duplicate the problem. If they donā€™t find anything thereā€™s nothing else to do at this point unless it happens again.

Also I wanted to clarify and correct my original description of the problem. I had stated that the ā€œtransā€ light came on. When this happened it was 2Am and I was running on about three hours sleep in 24rs. I looked at the manual today to confirm the light I thought I saw, and was not able to find a indicator light specific to the transmission. The light I apparently saw was the ā€œMalfunction Indicator Light.ā€ The dealer found no codes related to a transmission issue.
I will update tomorrow with any final findings and hopefully the actual code designation.
You can verify whether or not they reloaded the PCM software in ETIS. Let me know if you can't get it to work. Trust but verify.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can verify whether or not they reloaded the PCM software in ETIS. Let me know if you can't get it to work. Trust but verify.
Thanks. Iā€™ll try and do that.
Sponsored