Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......

After doing many door removal demos I highly recommend the door bags for this reason. We didn’t order them at first but now we think it’s a must. One scratch or ding will frustrate us and with the bags they help with protection and replacing the doors with the extra grab handles. 61lbs for front and 48lb for rear can get heavy if you are struggling to hook that top hinge. It’s awkward because the top hinge is a square vs a circle and has to replaced with the same “full open” angle it was removed. We didn’t get the bags thru factory which we wish we did, so hoping some after market ones are coming soon.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ouch! I suppose that came with a few four letter words as well. As others have said, Aluminum, no rust. It will corrode but aluminum and oxygen form an aluminum oxide is pretty robust unlike iron oxide which is just pretty rust!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happens. Carrying a door I scratched the wife’s JK door with my knife clipped on my front pocket. Also, every Jeep that has that dent in the side cowling from the mirror on the door, I laugh because I know what they did… because I did it.
You won’t feel so bad when you notice other Broncos with the same dent. Besides if it’s common enough, they will make a plastic door corner cover. Or maybe consider starting a Club!
Cut a pool noodle, and voila! I think you’re on to something here.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After doing many door removal demos I highly recommend the door bags for this reason. We didn’t order them at first but now we think it’s a must. One scratch or ding will frustrate us and with the bags they help with protection and replacing the doors with the extra grab handles. 61lbs for front and 48lb for rear can get heavy if you are struggling to hook that top hinge. It’s awkward because the top hinge is a square vs a circle and has to replaced with the same “full open” angle it was removed. We didn’t get the bags thru factory which we wish we did, so hoping some after market ones are coming soon.

Has anybody gotten the garage storage bags yet? The description sounds like there is more padding, so they may be better for anyone not planning on keeping them in the vehicle at all.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you yeah what really sucks besides all this I had an appointment next week to get paint correction and ceramic coating oh well I guess that has to wait and I'll definitely get it fixed right away and done right it's not worth it not to like you said long-term
That sucks ass man. Think my stomach got queasy for you.

I have an idea, sort of for taking off and putting on the doors in the garage with the cement floor. What about buying a sheet of foam like the kind that can go on a bed or something? You know, something cheap maybe twin bed size to place on the floor in case the door were to fall it would offer some protection.

Sorry I don't have a better idea. I also have noticed that the Ford guys do this with the bags still sleeved on the door and the dot slide it out until the door is secured on. This sounds like a pain and unnecessary, but don't want you to have anxiety each time you do something with your doors.

But hey, now your Bronco has character and soon some scratches will join the dent to make it look even more rugged. :)

Sponsored

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anybody gotten the garage storage bags yet? The description sounds like there is more padding, so they may be better for anyone not planning on keeping them in the vehicle at all.
From what I have heard yes much more padding on garage ones. Haven’t seen them in person. We would never have an empty trunk to be able to put all 4 in trunk anyways.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry this happened to you, one thing about a new vehicle that has to suck beyond belief. Door Dings and now Door Drops! I would shoot some primer on the back side until you can have a paint and body guy fix it. Maybe he will give you a discount for just bringing the door in.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bring it to a reputable body shop. they should have no problems with fixing that. if they are really good, they may be able to save it without paint. but blending in such a small bit should not be hard either.

chalk one up to experience and don't be afraid to ask for help...

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clean up the jagged edges and hit it with some touch up paint. The point being that touch up paint is to protect the surface. Not to make things look like new.

Alternative is take it to a body shop, they might be able to get it 90% of the way back to brand new. Issue is that the bending, unbending and rebending degrades the strength of the metal. Could be difficult for them to really shape it, would imagine you’re looking at a good amount of bondo.

If I’m you, I’d hit it with touch up so the surface is sealed and call it a day. Maybe try and shape it a little more before the touch up if you’re comfortable doing that. IIRC both the skins and the door itself are aluminum so it’s not too much of a galvanic corrosion risk, esp after you’ve sealed the surfaces.

Theres at least one guy here who does paint and body. Believe it’s @broadicustomworks. Maybe he’ll chime in
@RG7 thanks for the mention.

I would lightly hammer and dolly the corner some (hammer on the inside, flat dolly on the outside with masking tape on it to prevent further paint damage).
Get some seam sealer and re-seal that lap, touch-up up paint.
or take it to a shop to get them to do it, where they will do the same, and spot-paint/blend that corner in.
Next time an adjustable wrapped in a clean rag would work better than vice grips (no teeth to mar the surface).
probably. Sometimes you just have to find some tool not designed for what you are trying to make something work.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......
The doors are aluminum so they won't rust.

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The door bags seem like a great idea for this but I do have one problem with them. If you're taking off the doors and they aren't perfectly clean you are going to end up with grit in the bag that will scratch the paint every time they come in and out. I'm sure there will be times I want to take the doors off without washing the vehicle first.