Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......
I think I'll watch the door removal/install video again while I'm waiting.
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will be selling some PPE equipment for you guys to help install your doors and not drop them on the ground. In ford fashion please allow 6 to 8 years for delivery.
55dc82bb329287523225f907-1466203242814.jpg

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, um, Yeah. I learned the hard way too. You've got to align the top hinge first. If you tilt the top too high, it'll rub against the front fender. Luckily I'm getting ppf next week so paint correction will get this fixed. Could've been worse but still hurts.
Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent IMG_2483
Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent IMG_2482

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

Ford Bronco *UPDATE*   What NOT TO DO when reinstalling doors. PSA: put a bolt in first or risk dent IMG_2482

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......
We have all had those moments. Don't beat yourself up.

Sponsored

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thing is totaled.
All is not lost though!!
I will give you a good price!

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry to hear this. I just scratched my front door last night picking it up and bumping it on something carrying it to reinstall. I need those bags! Sucks, and I understand the frustration. Like someone said earlier in the thread, you popped the cherry. I’m sure it won’t be the last. I’ve also noticed scratches on the interior happen easily. Things are going to happen, Good luck man.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honest question.... does this stuff happen to Jeep doors?

If it does, par for the course. You would think theyd reinforce the corners for stuff like this, guess not.

Looks like door removal will be a two man job

Sponsored

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just saw what I believe is a newish bronco nation video that addressed putting doors back on. Very informative. Suggested painters tape or a piece of split hose to protect the side when installing. I’m at work. ( haha) so I don’t have the link.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honest question.... does this stuff happen to Jeep doors?

If it does, par for the course. You would think theyd reinforce the corners for stuff like this, guess not.

Looks like door removal will be a two man job
If you notice, jeep doors do not have any sharp corners on them.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for posting.. I may have been too embarrassed to actually come out and say it!

For me I figured I would use two people the first few times just to be sure, but now because of this post I'll know there's a couple things you can check before you let go of the door, like the click, or the fact that if you're on the square fully you shouldn't be able to really move the door back and forth.

I also think I'll have the top bolt in hands that I can slide it in to help secure the top before I let go.
I'm a training manager and engineer, with a lot of Lean experience. We want to eliminate the root cause of this type of drop, so I appreciate the above. A two man lift is important, as well as a foolproof type of movable lifting device, if you can get or make one. Error proof the lift and this won't happen.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands