one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same here, no issues of leaking with my soft top, knock on wood. Been in several heavy storms.
Just noticed we have almost the same build and it blended on the same date. What’s up brother?
Sponsored

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice looking jeep but why are you here??
Read my signature. I haven't had a car for almost 3 weeks because I've been waiting on my Bronco. So I bought a Jeep. I love the Bronco. I'll get one one day but good lord they need a lot of work.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Read my signature. I haven't had a car for almost 3 weeks because I've been waiting on my Bronco. So I bought a Jeep. I love the Bronco. I'll get one one day but good lord they need a lot of work.
But you’re being a douche canoe with your my Jeep top doesn’t leak. Just don’t say it. We know.

OP
OP
nd2002

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No I wasn’t justifying. Trying to figure out if there was something specific that might have contributed to the leak. Convertible tops can and do leak sometimes. It’s the nature of the beast. Just trying to find the assignable cause.
Sorry, I didn’t mean you we’re trying to justify it. I meant Ford couldn’t have designed it not accounting for rain is all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nd2002

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve driven my soft top through several storms, including one that was practically a monsoon that lasted for hours. No leaks anywhere. Have you checked to make sure the Velcro is lined up well?

I don’t even know where the water could enter from in that place.
I’ll check the front. I checked the sides and made sure they were pulled snug before latching

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if this is part of having a soft top, but I found a slow drip in the driver side “halo” structure, right where the top airbag is.

curious if anyone else has had this happen or if there are things I could do to check? I’ve only had the vehicle a few days, and it’s been pretty rainy, but it’s the PNW

Will raise it with dealer, as well.

7BD9630A-BFBA-46E9-8867-93BB95ADD68D.jpeg
I have had zero leaks with my soft top. Heard of this issue only with hard tops. I would have the dealer take a look under warranty. I have had my bronco for a few months and it has been through many rain storms. Many were heavy.

OP
OP
nd2002

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was definitely some water in these little pockets at the top corners. But they seem like they’re designed to hold some water if it does get in through the front? They’re just like little buckets with no drain lines out of them

Ford Bronco (UPDATE with video) Leak from drivers side on soft top near airbag in the halo BE4ABEC7-99F1-4104-AD04-F9F4BE23C3DF
Ford Bronco (UPDATE with video) Leak from drivers side on soft top near airbag in the halo A75F3761-D3BB-4429-B930-6F946A39E9A4

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what doesn't leak? My new Rubicon.
20211102_175243.jpg
You forgot to say “yet.” ;)

Honestly though, my 2010 JKU never leaked with hard top or soft top in all the time I owned it, but plenty of my buddies’ jeeps did. I think removable tops on SUV’s are just hit or miss overall.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was definitely some water in these little pockets at the top corners. But they seem like they’re designed to hold some water if it does get in through the front? They’re just like little buckets with no drain lines out of them

Ford Bronco (UPDATE with video) Leak from drivers side on soft top near airbag in the halo A75F3761-D3BB-4429-B930-6F946A39E9A4
I doubt they’d have a spot that just collects water. I’ll have to take a look at mine when my fiancé gets back home with it. Looks like your accessory cap is kind of loose though. That gap on the left side of it could be the cause?

Sponsored

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is more bad news about leaky MIC tops. Making me rethink this thing again

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I doubt they’d have a spot that just collects water. I’ll have to take a look at mine when my fiancé gets back home with it. Looks like your accessory cap is kind of loose though. That gap on the left side of it could be the cause?
Can you tape over them?

OP
OP
nd2002

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you tape over them?
Duct tape doesn’t seem like a solution I’d want long term. There was another thread here that talked about this “cup” of water i described above spilling over. I am certain that’s the case here.

Cars been with the detailed, so have not had the chance to go to the dealer

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I actually have a soft top 😅
To me this just screams “design flaw” more than anything else. Can’t blame Webasto when it’s not just their hard top that’s leaking.
Sponsored