First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was reading yesterday a recent thread about top cracking and I go out today to inspect my top and find hair line cracks on both sides at back edge of each side window. I have an appt on the 13th at the dealer for something else. I guess I'll be bringing this up now. Both sides are very fine but visible up close cracking, passenger side is very fine cracking.

IMG_20230106_152815.jpg

IMG_20230106_152847.jpg

IMG_20230106_152955.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You would think after all the FE issues that Ford engineers would have found a way to stiffen them up in those areas that are consistently failing. Hopefully the replacement panels will stand up better or its going to be a revolving issue.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know how thin the plastic coating is over the cardboard core of these tops? I remember seeing a cut section of them and it seemed less than a mm thick. Terrible.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did the same thing, went to look and bingo! 705 miles and cracking has begun..

Screenshot_20230108_113620_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did the same thing, went to look and bingo! 705 miles and cracking has begun..

Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking Screenshot_20230108_113620_Gallery
That looks like it would be hard not to notice. Where is yours located on the hard top?

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Passenger rear window near bottom. Found it after a quick wash, and never removed.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never removed mine either.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love my Bronco but that top is my worse fear owning it. I don't understand how they will ever hold up to having weight carried on top and the various weather elements they will encounter. Ford's Bronco profit structure is going to get screwed replacing these things. They need to come up with a better material! Fiberglass and make it just like a truck canopy, all aluminum, or look what materials and processes Jeep uses to build their tops!
@Ford Motor Company : Stand behind these tops long after the warranty runs out. You need to stand behind the BRONCO.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love my Bronco but that top is my worse fear owning it. I don't understand how they will ever hold up to having weight carried on top and the various weather elements they will encounter. Ford's Bronco profit structure is going to get screwed replacing these things. They need to come up with a better material! Fiberglass and make it just like a truck canopy, all aluminum, or look what materials and processes Jeep uses to build their tops!
@Ford Motor Company : Stand behind these tops long after the warranty runs out. You need to stand behind the BRONCO.
Damn right, I've owned way too many f/s Broncos in my time. Never did I have a hard top issues. Ford has made the tops for decades. And now with a much desired Bronco and they get it completely wrong with the new top. Re-engineer the tops as the previous generation tops. If it ain't broken, don't reinvent it.

Sponsored

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the same engineering part number as the 2021 MIC2 top, but the 22 Broncos used a new production part number. Could this be a 21 model top on a 22?

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a good question.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am really curious now if other 22 owners have that same part number or something different.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going to take to my dealer on Friday, I will report what they say...

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Update- 01/16/2023

I took the Bronco into dealership service appt this morning for the hard top cracking. The dealership took pictures and said it may be an hour or so till they complete the write up. So I waited for about an hour in waiting room and they called me into the service area. The tech told me that there was an existing TSB on the hard top cracking and mine got approved for replacement. I said are they replacing the side panels only? And the tech stated that the whole hard top is to be replaced. So I was happy to hear that as I have read in other responses on the forum of color differences between the side panels and rest of hard top. Tech stated it may take up to 2 weeks for new hard top to come. NP I said and off I went. They gave me the work order for my records. Tech asked me to call in a week to get update.
Sponsored