Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if Ford would approve a replacement on a factory hard top if purchased privately (eg put on a truck with a vin that was sold as a soft top).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious if Ford would approve a replacement on a factory hard top if purchased privately (eg put on a truck with a vin that was sold as a soft top).
I really think not. Warranty on vehicles only covers items the vehicle came with as what is on the build sheet.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really think not. Warranty on vehicles only covers items the vehicle came with as what is on the build sheet.
Does Ford have any warranty on parts? Like if I purchased hard top parts through a dealer, would they warranty it then?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If purchased through Ford directly yes. I should say yes but it all depends what you are talking concerning parts. If component parts to install hard top, yes, if hard top purchased elsewhere no.

AZ Rider

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 7.3, F-450 V10 Class C, Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a different part number. No issues so far with my top. Prime red just a few weeks after OO.

AZ Rider

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 7.3, F-450 V10 Class C, Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco UPDATED 07/10/23-Another MIC 2.0 hard top cracking 4044984D-EF4A-4992-B2B2-46EC7BFCC5A4

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah yours is April and mine March. I probably got FE top on mine, and you got the updated top. I heard after the FE Bronco's hard top issues that Ford updated the top. maybe I got the one of the left overs of 2021. It would be my luck. Hopefully when my new top comes in it is the last of this issue.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as I can tell, Ford used different engineering part numbers for MIC 1’s that they rehabbed and real MIC 2’s.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tin-foil-hat theory here:
1) The MIC top is one of the major items Ford is yanking from current order holders.
2) More current owners are reporting problems with the MIC.
3) Connection? Could Ford be anticipating so many problems (with recalls) on the MIC that their simplest solution is to simply cancel all (or as many as they can) orders with MIC?

If that's the case, then does this apply also to the elimination of the WildTrak, Badlands, and Sasquatch orders? Thinking expansively, there has been lots of negative posts on the Sasquatch Goodyear rubber, so they may think the simple, if draconian, solution is to just cancel out all Sasquatch.
But that theory doesn't explain the elimination of WildTrak and Badlands models, unless somebody else can identify major problems with them.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you overestimate the effect the MIC problems have on Ford. The only reason their initial recall even happened was because some bean counter somewhere decided there were few enough in circulation that it would save 20 cents to replace them than the costs of doing it later / class action / etc. this time around there are far fewer complaints about the hard tops, no bean counter is going to suggest Ford spend millions more to do the right thing. My guess is they turned up their tolerances in QA with Webasto and only accepting units that meet a tighter set of checks. Webasto is probably still cranking out garbage half the time, and Ford would rather have a constraint on them than to spend the extra to replace it and pay the dealer for man hours later.

This is real life. There’s nobody at Ford who actually cares about the hard top or is being proactive. It’s all about optimizing against loss. When you approach it from a business and profit perspective, everything they’ve done (and not done) is right on script.

OP
OP
Grumpy

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tin-foil-hat theory here:
1) The MIC top is one of the major items Ford is yanking from current order holders.
2) More current owners are reporting problems with the MIC.
3) Connection? Could Ford be anticipating so many problems (with recalls) on the MIC that their simplest solution is to simply cancel all (or as many as they can) orders with MIC?

If that's the case, then does this apply also to the elimination of the WildTrak, Badlands, and Sasquatch orders? Thinking expansively, there has been lots of negative posts on the Sasquatch Goodyear rubber, so they may think the simple, if draconian, solution is to just cancel out all Sasquatch.
But that theory doesn't explain the elimination of WildTrak and Badlands models, unless somebody else can identify major problems with them.
I think the stoppage of the Badlands, wildtrac and sasquatch has more to do with Ford having no idea of what they have on backlogs. Just the reason why there is no more MY23 ordering. I think Ford is taking whatever part of 2023 to regain control and deplete the back orders and get back to ground zero. Once they have you are going to see the flood gates open up and all models resume production. Not to mention this time without anymore ordering allows for restocking of all parts needed to produce. With Ford being clueless on how much back logging and how much in parts in stock is a huge issue.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the stoppage of the Badlands, wildtrac and sasquatch has more to do with Ford having no idea of what they have on backlogs. Just the reason why there is no more MY23 ordering. I think Ford is taking whatever part of 2023 to regain control and deplete the back orders and get back to ground zero. Once they have you are going to see the flood gates open up and all models resume production. Not to mention this time without anymore ordering allows for restocking of all parts needed to produce. With Ford being clueless on how much back logging and how much in parts in stock is a huge issue.
Yeah, that makes sense. What' you're describing is a major, massive reset.
Thanks for your analysis. Maybe I've been reading to much about the Davos "reset." :cautious:
We return this thread to the OP's issue: cracks in the MIC.

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
6500 miles on my 2022 4 door. No cracks. Was built June/22. Here’s its MIC tag

187EB245-5A3B-4925-A580-741FCF42EA3A.jpg