Sponsored

UPDATED #3: My first mechanical issue! Led me to driving a 2dr BL.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was driving on the turnpike today and all of the sudden my chimes, brake light, and notification screen popped up saying "Check Break System" while driving at 76 mph. I started to slow down then pulled off to the shoulder. I shut off the car completely for a couple of minutes then restarted it. Still the notification and chimes, lights came back on. So I headed straight to my dealer and dropped it off. As I was driving it there I noticed burning break pad smells and sluggish drive. Has anyone else experience this issue yet?? Hopefully they can sort out this problem.

Fortunately they had another Bronco for a loaner car, a 2dr Badlands in Cyber Orange. It has been interesting driving it and glad I built mine the way I did.
If you are on the fence, definitely test drive both, for they have totally different feel to them.
20211020_065328.jpg

20211030_202828.jpg
Would you describe the “ feel” of each?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jgalvan79

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you describe the “ feel” of each?
The 4dr rides smoother over the bumps, you feel your seated higher. It has an suv feel, the 2 door rides smooth as well but over bumps it feel like a jerking buck of a horse. It has a sporty feel and reminds me of my mustang I had. I also have a manual transmission in mine, the 2 door was an auto. I definitely recommend the manual.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What do you think of the B pillar placement? I hated it on the 4dr and expect the 2dr to solve that but I still haven't sat in one.
I’ve had my two door for a few weeks now and have put 1000 miles on it. My dealership finally got a four-door as a demo model, I went to get in it and really didn’t like the B pillar placement, the front door on the four-door is way smaller and not as easy getting into.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone who has actually seen the color knows it’s nothing like a school bus. The picture above doesn’t do Co Justice. It color shifts depending on the light. But to each his own. It just gets annoying the amount of ignorance sometimes.
I have seen 3 different cyber orange broncos In person. It’s exactly, 💯 the color of a school bus with some metal flake in the paint.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you think of the B pillar placement? I hated it on the 4dr and expect the 2dr to solve that but I still haven't sat in one.
As with EVERY 4 door I've ever owned.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My major concern is how Ford has an alarm that reads “ break” when the actual word is “ brake”, this according to the OP. Lol…sorry I tried but I just couldn’t resist .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jgalvan79

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My major concern is how Ford has an alarm the reads “ break” when the actual word is “ brake”, this according to the OP. Lol…sorry I tried but I just couldn’t resist .
I knew it looked off, lol my bad, was written in my sleep 😴

OP
OP
Jgalvan79

Jgalvan79

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do park outside on a slope, car was warmed up, was 63 degrees out, already drove it over 30 miles that day, was after 3pm.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I drove both, and prefer the more sporty feel of the two door.

As far as the problem goes, sounds like an abs sensor, but there have been so many weird warning light Christmas tree issues now that who knows.

It’s like they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for electronic components these days creating all kinds of mystery gremlins.