Sponsored

UPDATED #3: My first mechanical issue! Led me to driving a 2dr BL.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone who has actually seen the color knows it’s nothing like a school bus. The picture above doesn’t do Co Justice. It color shifts depending on the light. But to each his own. It just gets annoying the amount of ignorance sometimes.
@Bronco cat Speaking of ignorance, if you're able to look at the above picture and still tell people CO is nothing like school bus yellow, I have some water front property in Arizona you'd be interested in.......

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Bronco cat Speaking of ignorance, if you're able to look at the above picture and still tell people CO is nothing like school bus yellow, I have some water front property in Arizona you'd be interested in.......
first question. When was the last time you took a picture of anything and the color came out exactly like the real scene? Cactus gray looks green, it looks gray and in some light looks blue. My rich cooper ST looks ox blood in certain light, black in others, and even like a chocolate color cherry. Candy apple red and rapid red look alike too in certain light. I’ve seen it (CO) in person multiple times and even beside a school bus and I wouldn’t call the color “school bus yellow”, unless I were ten. Are there passing similarities yes they are both in the yellow orange spectrum. As to your poor attempt at humor on ocean front property, I have a strong feeling you spend some of your free time trying to light your farts on fire. The whole reason for my original post was don’t be ignorant on this forum, CO might not be your color and that is fine. Free to disagree but when you come on an enthusiasts forum don’t passive aggressively talk shit on other peoples preferences.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stupid insults aside, you wrote:
"Its gotta be related to the electric ebrake system bc I think our disc brakes are powered by engine/hydaulic vs power/electric on the 2.7 engines. So its not likely that its related to the disc brakes unless you got an air bubble in the hydraulic brake line and pretty sure that can only happen if turn car upside down or some fluke incident.

Do you park outside and if so, how cold outside? Did this happen in morning or afternoon? Don't want to speculate too much before dealer says more but these are some extra thoughts to consider ."

So while it could be the trouble light for the brake system is related to the electricly-activated emergency/parking brake, the bolded parts of your response are unclear as to what you are tying to say. What do you mean when you write "powered by engine/hydaulic vs power/electric on the 2.7 engines? I think what you meant to say is the 2.3L Bronco uses a traditional vacuum-assist power brake system and the 2.7L Bronco uses an electric-assist power brake system. Both systems on the 2.3L and 2.7L are a hydraulic brake system, the power assist boost at the master cylinder is different. I think you were trying to say there could be a malfunction with the 2.7L electric-assist system, which would make sense. If that is the case, then you should have stopped there. But the OP mentioned he has a manual transmission, which means he has the 2.3L, and that means his brake system is vacuum-assist. So...

Air in the brake lines can be induced by not properly bleeding the brake system either on the assembly line or at the time the brakes are serviced. I'd say air in the system on a brand new Bronco would be a rare situation, but still not trigger a brake system trouble light. Getting air into the brake system by turning the car over, well, that's what I thought you were making up.

And then, what in the hell would the ambient air temperature have to do with a brake system malfunction? Brake fluid doesn't freeze at temperatures that humans can survive in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's all good.

I agree with you, it's probably the electrically-activated parking brake system. The OP mentioned he smelled cooked brake pads. At 2,100 miles I'd say the pads have bedded by now and the adhesive has heat cured, but if the parking brake shoes (I'm assuming the parking brake is a drum-within-the-rear-rotor-design) are contacting the drum, then that is where the pad smell is coming from, and would explain the "sluggish" feel.

No about that upside down air bubble theory... if the driver where to pump the brakes while inverted... ;)

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What Dealership has that 2DR loaner?

Wild51

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if it’s some kind of electrical bug? I’ve had two brand new Ford’s (2018 Explorer and 2019 F150) do the same exact thing within the first 200 miles. Both were police cars so I chalked it up to running them hard without a break in period. Came back from Ford with no issues. My personal 2020 F150 had a “power train” failure on a road trip within its first 5k miles but corrected itself while getting gas and by the time it got to Ford they couldn’t find an issue with it. Never had an issue with it again 20k miles later. It always seems to be an early issue but always corrects itself.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What? Over inflated tires can cause that problem. How does my comment make me an ass hole?
Sponsored