Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

No, you can order 100 Shelby GT500s, they'll just never get scheduled.

Allocation estimates are to give reservation holders an idea of how long they'll be waiting.
Using that dealer request of 100 units. If their allocation is 20 units and another dealer has an allocation of 1 unit. Your dealer gets their first 10 of 100, the other dealer gets their 1. Then your dealers gets their next 10 (11-20 for them) and the other dealer gets their next one and so on and so on?

Advertisement

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Weren't the words from Ford to the dealers that "the cutoff for determining allocation for MY21 was 18 SEP" rather than anything after that day was an MY22?

I am having trouble equating allocation, maybe it is actually allocation rate(?), and MY.

Don't feel that we have gotten a fabulous and full description of that from any of our dealer reps.

Others may understand differently than I do. Out at least they will have a stronger desire to express their opinion.
Layman terms for you- Yes they (Ford) based the number of initial allocation (number of Broncos that specific dealer can order and be produced for the MY21 (model year 2021) ) on how many reservation holders had placed their reservations by that date. Doesn't mean that 100% of those who reserved one will get one that is a 2021, that is just the number they used to determine the rough percentage a specific dealership would be allowed so maybe it was 8% maybe it was 80% of that number we do not know, but that was their base demand calculation date. Furthermore if say they only convert 50% of the early reservations into orders AND that initial allocation was 80% that would leave a big hole for later adopters to grab one this model year (yes I know that is far fetched, but my dealership has already seen about 15% drop out of their reservation. I mean after all, just because you have $100 on a VISA doesn't mean you have the $60k to buy one or the patience to wait. Some will also opt for the 2022 model with the new options being offered up then.

Hope this helps

Used2jeep

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Layman terms for you- Yes they (Ford) based the number of initial allocation (number of Broncos that specific dealer can order and be produced for the MY21 (model year 2021) ) on how many reservation holders had placed their reservations by that date. Doesn't mean that 100% of those who reserved one will get one that is a 2021, that is just the number they used to determine the rough percentage a specific dealership would be allowed so maybe it was 8% maybe it was 80% of that number we do not know, but that was their base demand calculation date. Furthermore if say they only convert 50% of the early reservations into orders AND that initial allocation was 80% that would leave a big hole for later adopters to grab one this model year (yes I know that is far fetched, but my dealership has already seen about 15% drop out of their reservation. I mean after all, just because you have $100 on a VISA doesn't mean you have the $60k to buy one or the patience to wait. Some will also opt for the 2022 model with the new options being offered up then.

Hope this helps
Somewhat, yes. Thank you.

K2Bronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Explorer, 1995 Mustang GT
Hey Guys,

Just a thought......but with Ford being overwhelmed with Bronco demand, pushing dates back, Covid supplier related issues........ doesn’t a December timeframe seem more than aggressive to complete 2021 reserved orders and dealer allocation for lots?

That being said with all of the options being added for 2022 I wish we could choose to push our reservations to the head of the production for 2022 if we want to take advantage of those options........

Just a thought and hope I guess.....

vrtical

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Weren't the words from Ford to the dealers that "the cutoff for determining allocation for MY21 was 18 SEP" rather than anything after that day was an MY22?

I am having trouble equating allocation, maybe it is actually allocation rate(?), and MY.

Don't feel that we have gotten a fabulous and full description of that from any of our dealer reps.

Others may understand differently than I do. Out at least they will have a stronger desire to express their opinion.
Yes but this site everything is spewed 10 ways to Sunday. Also any reasonable math would dictate that late of a reservation was a MY22 anyways and it's actually worse now with the 2nd delay. I played both ends of the dates.i have an early 7/14 and a 10/30. At this point in leaning towards nuking the first one because I will have a delay order anyways I dont want a 21 showing up in Nov rather take a MY22 with addressed changes.

RG7

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4
Clubs

Hey Guys,

Just a thought......but with Ford being overwhelmed with Bronco demand, pushing dates back, Covid supplier related issues........ doesn’t a December timeframe seem more than aggressive to complete 2021 reserved orders and dealer allocation for lots?

That being said with all of the options being added for 2022 I wish we could choose to push our reservations to the head of the production for 2022 if we want to take advantage of those options........

Just a thought and hope I guess.....
2021 production is just for orders that get pulled in 2021. Having a reservation doesn’t mean you’re getting a ‘21. In fact, many would say that if your res is after week 1 you’re probably getting a ‘22.

That’s why so many here are picking options that Ford has announced as late availability, or have made second reservations — to push their order into the ‘22 MY.

Res production will definitely go into ‘22 MY

Chukin' Junk

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Nova
2021 production is just for orders that get pulled in 2021. Having a reservation doesn’t mean you’re getting a ‘21. In fact, many would say that if your res is after week 1 you’re probably getting a ‘22.

That’s why so many here are picking options that Ford has announced as late availability, or have made second reservations — to push their order into the ‘22 MY.

Res production will definitely go into ‘22 MY

RLW

First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2009 Ford Expedition
Clubs

My apologies for not reading all of this thread. And yes I did google this prior to asking. And I did find answers, just not sure they are correct in this context.

what does FCTP and CRM stand for?

Advertisement

Advertisement