Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, you can order 100 Shelby GT500s, they'll just never get scheduled.

Allocation estimates are to give reservation holders an idea of how long they'll be waiting.
Thanks for the clarification. But can't MY21 Bronco allocations be seen as assigned build slots for dealers in that a dealer could have more allocations then reseravtions?
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put in my reservation on July 18th, all I would be curious to know is whether or not I will get one this year. Guess I'll know in May.
I would guess a first week reservation would be safe.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loaded could also mean commodity shortages. It was said by @Rick Astley a while back-watch what you add on because you never know what will delay your build.
Possibly, but I can almost guarantee 2.7, A10 and Sas will be the among the first. That's 10k of options that a ton of builds will have and Ford (IMO) will want those on the road ASAP cause they will drive additional sales.

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This was part of the email from my dealer tonight:

”There will be limited 2021 availability! We are hearing that about 20% of reservations will be 2021 model year, due to the COVID delays. It will be a 6 or 7 month model year. A huge chunk of orders will be 2022.”

He has been a straight shooter so far and is doing invoice pricing, but I really hope he is wrong here.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I know what I'm doing, Tuesday night

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Model years are just marketing. Changing the model year won't get any Broncos to customers any faster.
Lots of people here are overly concerned with depreciation/resale.

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also mentions 2022 Bronco production starts December 2021.

Also just posted - Bronco ORDER GUIDE! @ https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-order-guide.11036/

BRONCO TIMELINE:

Jan 13 - Dealer Broadcast, Allocation Estimate
Jan 15 - Bronco FCTP Enrollment Ends
Jan 15 - Customer CRM - Ordering Begins Soon
Jan 19 - Bronco Order Bank Opens in Afternoon
Jan 20 - Begin Bronco Order Conversion
Feb - Customer CRM - Welcome To The Family
March 10 - 21MY Order Conversion Deadline
April - Retail Order Scheduling Begins
May - Customer CRM - Delivery Estimate
June - 2021 Model Year Deliveries Begin
December - 2022 Model Year Production Start

broncotimeline.jpg
I watched the entire 31 minute broadcast today about this. There was a ton of information shared, finally. From a guy who has one reserved and also a salesman for Ford, it was nice to actually see things starting to come together. Still no official order guide out however everything I have read on the one posted here looks authentic, Bronco still does not show up on WBDO but does show on the vehicle locator. We have not yet received our initial allocation snapshot yet but that too was due today at some point. Plenty to get excited about and some solid tips on how to possibly get your Bronco faster if you are flexible on your options.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, you can order 100 Shelby GT500s, they'll just never get scheduled.

Allocation estimates are to give reservation holders an idea of how long they'll be waiting.
Using that dealer request of 100 units. If their allocation is 20 units and another dealer has an allocation of 1 unit. Your dealer gets their first 10 of 100, the other dealer gets their 1. Then your dealers gets their next 10 (11-20 for them) and the other dealer gets their next one and so on and so on?

Sponsored

thesyncguru

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4 runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weren't the words from Ford to the dealers that "the cutoff for determining allocation for MY21 was 18 SEP" rather than anything after that day was an MY22?

I am having trouble equating allocation, maybe it is actually allocation rate(?), and MY.

Don't feel that we have gotten a fabulous and full description of that from any of our dealer reps.

Others may understand differently than I do. Out at least they will have a stronger desire to express their opinion.
Layman terms for you- Yes they (Ford) based the number of initial allocation (number of Broncos that specific dealer can order and be produced for the MY21 (model year 2021) ) on how many reservation holders had placed their reservations by that date. Doesn't mean that 100% of those who reserved one will get one that is a 2021, that is just the number they used to determine the rough percentage a specific dealership would be allowed so maybe it was 8% maybe it was 80% of that number we do not know, but that was their base demand calculation date. Furthermore if say they only convert 50% of the early reservations into orders AND that initial allocation was 80% that would leave a big hole for later adopters to grab one this model year (yes I know that is far fetched, but my dealership has already seen about 15% drop out of their reservation. I mean after all, just because you have $100 on a VISA doesn't mean you have the $60k to buy one or the patience to wait. Some will also opt for the 2022 model with the new options being offered up then.

Hope this helps

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Layman terms for you- Yes they (Ford) based the number of initial allocation (number of Broncos that specific dealer can order and be produced for the MY21 (model year 2021) ) on how many reservation holders had placed their reservations by that date. Doesn't mean that 100% of those who reserved one will get one that is a 2021, that is just the number they used to determine the rough percentage a specific dealership would be allowed so maybe it was 8% maybe it was 80% of that number we do not know, but that was their base demand calculation date. Furthermore if say they only convert 50% of the early reservations into orders AND that initial allocation was 80% that would leave a big hole for later adopters to grab one this model year (yes I know that is far fetched, but my dealership has already seen about 15% drop out of their reservation. I mean after all, just because you have $100 on a VISA doesn't mean you have the $60k to buy one or the patience to wait. Some will also opt for the 2022 model with the new options being offered up then.

Hope this helps
Somewhat, yes. Thank you.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

K2Bronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Explorer, 1995 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

Just a thought......but with Ford being overwhelmed with Bronco demand, pushing dates back, Covid supplier related issues........ doesn’t a December timeframe seem more than aggressive to complete 2021 reserved orders and dealer allocation for lots?

That being said with all of the options being added for 2022 I wish we could choose to push our reservations to the head of the production for 2022 if we want to take advantage of those options........

Just a thought and hope I guess.....