John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

oh no i am not trying to sell people on a jeep. just saying their had top from their vendor seems to be of better quality when you touch/feel the Ford v Jeep tops in comparison. Just wish the Bronco got similar quality but that comes down to the vendors Ford selects.
Supposedly, Ford is using the same vendor as Jeep. I can't confirm that, but I read it on this website. I've looked at Jeep hardtops up close and they look pretty damn good. Especially the painted tops.
Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just hung up with a rep at Ford and she said the operator that said the MIC tops were in production and coming in at 300 a day was pulled to the side and reprimanded for the news she shared. The MIC top is still a constraint and there is no pending date to when it will be resolved. Call placed 11:15 and ended at 11:32. Long wait to be told that.
Well they are probably trying to figure out still what to do about all the 2.0 MIC that they need to replace.

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually after looking up Webasto website they say they use a honeycomb fiber polyurethane composite material, I tell you what , it makes you itch just like fiberglass if you run the back of your hand along the rough cut edge! :D

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Supposedly, Ford is using the same vendor as Jeep. I can't confirm that, but I read it on this website. I've looked at Jeep hardtops up close and they look pretty damn good. Especially the painted tops.
No I don't think they are they same company... Webasto makes the Bronco tops.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just hung up with a rep at Ford and she said the operator that said the MIC tops were in production and coming in at 300 a day was pulled to the side and reprimanded for the news she shared. The MIC top is still a constraint and there is no pending date to when it will be resolved. Call placed 11:15 and ended at 11:32. Long wait to be told that.

So now Ford reps are talking smack about disciplinary actions against other Ford employees with the general public - sure and I know that's a fact because, "my dealer said" it was true. ;)

BaseBroncoMike

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
So now Ford reps are talking smack about disciplinary actions against other Ford employees with the general public - sure and I know that's a fact because, "my dealer said" it was true. ;)
I zero reasons to lie. I omitted the operators name but can provide if you need follow up. She said that “the woman that said that about the tops was actually pulled aside this morning and told not to say that and wanted to know where she had even got the information.” She said, "I know it’s spread on the forums but it’s not true." 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

BaseBroncoMike

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also it was Fords 800 number. Corporate not my dealer. My dealer doesn’t even return calls.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronco Nation (yes, those guys) just debunked this thread on YT live…Feel free to close this thread out. MIC still high constraint as of 1/24/22.

Loubiz90

Base
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

karen is the ULTIMATE person to get on the CS line....I called yesterday to check on my build, she was able to tell me it had been built, shipped, and even gave me the rail car info....

I think she's actually there at Ford and has access to info that maybe these other people answering the phone don't bc maybe they are just outsourced call center help with limited info. But, yea, Karen is the gold standard.
I spoke to Karen a week and a half ago or so for my vin. She's the best in my book

Sponsored

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Nation (yes, those guys) just debunked this thread on YT live…Feel free to close this thread out. MIC still high constraint as of 1/24/22.
yea had to ask because now it’s all over the internet that hard tops aren’t a constraint and people switching back
Can’t believe everything you read on the internet

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got off the phone with Ford support (800-392-3673). It was a lengthy phone call with a friendly support person but these things were of note:

1. She said the recommendation to switch to a soft top to get your Bronco sooner is no longer true. Soft top orders are not being prioritized over hard top orders anymore as MIC production is now meeting demand for how many Broncos can be produced in a day. She said if you previously switched to a soft top to jump the line but are still not scheduled, you have been placed back in line where you would have been originally, regardless of soft or hard top.

2. She said the hard top supplier is now making about 300 MIC tops a day. Those are showing up at the factory and being installed on the Broncos that need them.

I'd love for someone else to confirm this information - she seemed to really know what she was talking about, and it's better than "my dealer said", but still.
This is great to hear! I have the MIC top, it delayed me 3 extra months, but it was well worth waiting for. It works very nicely. I'd encourage Bronco customers to order the Hard Top, if that's what you want. Aftermarket soft tops seem to be readily available, then you'll have a Dual Top!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait, they are building 4,500/week. If mic top is produced 7 days, that's only 2,100. I thought 90% of orders were hard top. That's not quite enough to meet demand.
You sure about 4500/week? December production was 10,850, which is about 2,700 a week. Using your 2,100 MIC production number, they're making enough MIC tops for about 70% of vehicles produced!?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I tried to tell these silly people MIC is still highly constrained and will be for quite a while.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Warning: Old coder post

So back in the day (1970's) we towed a 19' Grady White boat (i.e. not the lightest boat on the market at the time) on steel trailer (i.e. not the lightest material to make a trailer from) with my Dad's 1972 Mercury Marquis (429 Big block w/ 3-sp auto). I'm sure the boat and trailer was easily 4,000+ pounds. Never even heard of trailer brakes. Good news was the car was longer and heavier than the boat/trailer. Life was good and lawyers were busy doing other stuff.
First car was a '71 Marquis Brougham. Loved the 429. Massive... like driving your living room down the street without leaving your Barcolounger.

Not mine but a doppelganger.

mercury-marquis-05.gif
Sponsored