Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great photos, thanks for sharing. Like others said, I too am jealous and I have so many questions cause I want to do exactly this as well. Also, right now I have a Iconic Silver, BD, SAS on order but in the back of my mind still considering upgrading to the BL. Hope you dont mind but....

Did you go with Lux, High or Mid package? What has been the one "surprise" feature that you really weren't sure about until you used it on your Bronco? Have you used the Swaybar Disco yet? Any other tips/suggestions for Canyonlands? I want to spend 2-3 nights on the WhiteRimTrail with the family once I get my Bronco.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and have fun!!
Thanks for the kind words, sorry I'm late replying.

I went with High because I don't care whatsoever for anything that Lux offers with the exception of the B&O, and that wasn't enough to justify the difference in cost (personally anyways).

I HAVE used the Swaybar disconnect and it is AWESOME. When you're on broken up terrain like rocks or major ruts it really makes a huge difference and its true to its word in that it can be turned on/off whenever you need it (under 20mph of course).

Canyonlands...if you plan to do the White Rim get there early and bring water/food in excess as there is no availability once you start. I got into the park around 130pm (i know, it was late...) and the ranger at the visitor center only gave me a permit to Airport but after I promised to be quick she extended it to Gooseberry. If you plan to camp you MUST reserve in advance online and campsites are really limited. If you don't you cant just pull over its not dispersed whatsoever so keep that in mind. Its beautiful, at times will test you, but overall its definitely worth it from what I personally experienced.
Sponsored

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great trip! I plan a trip from SF to Seattle going as far left along the coast as I can, no freeways when ever possible, I'll do that next year, visit my son in college up there.

You say you sleep in it, did you install a platform of sorts to level out the back when the seats are folded down? I'll build something from plywood unless aftermarket has something nice (and reasonably priced) by then.

An other trip I plan is Bay Area to Moab, again avoiding all freeways as much as possible and staying on dirt where I can.

Looking forward to see more of your journey, epic trip!
I wanted to avoid freeways but unfortunately its just not always realistic coming from Florida, but I definitely share your sentiments. I built a plywood riser in the back that leveled out the hump and it was fantastic. If you get a table just take into account the width and height so it can be stored underneath because having that out of the way is really nice, especially at night when you have to rearrange everything in order to sleep comfortably.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You definitely should, I had a freaking blast.

- Pretty cheap self-inflating sleep pad and sleeping bag
- some weatherproof storage bins for supplies/cooking things/miscellaneous things
- a $70 jump box + compressor from harbor freight (this came in clutch as it was enough to keep my fridge powered overnight with zero issues) -- Cen-Tech Jump Box (HF Link)
- 67 Designs phone mount for BYOD thread (highly recommended, rock solid mount)
- Primal jet stove for cooking/boiling (cheaper than Jetboil, rock solid with MOLLE straps on storage case) -- Primal Ridge Sabre Cooking Stove (Amazon)
- 12v Dometic fridge (I got the 45L and it was overkill for me, but super solid and efficient nonetheless if its within your price range)

I also picked up some things along the way for the long haul like a tire patch kit, collapsible shovel, first aid kit, etc. but there is little difference between the varieties. Hope that helps!
Thanks for all the info, really helping me figure out what I need to take w/ me.

Do you happen to have a link for the phone mount you used? I found the arm on 67 Design website but can't seem to find the mounting solution for the BYO thread.

Thanks

OP
OP
palley6

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the info, really helping me figure out what I need to take w/ me.

Do you happen to have a link for the phone mount you used? I found the arm on 67 Design website but can't seem to find the mounting solution for the BYO thread.

Thanks
I had difficulty determining what would work and what wouldn't but I went for this combination and it works fantastic. I got the Mini sized Carbon Arm and its just right, any taller and it would interfere with the window/mirror but you do you.

Magnetic Mount -- https://www.67d.com/products/universal-magmount-g2-device-holder-for-android-ios-and-other-devices

Carbon Fiber Arm -- https://www.67d.com/products/carbon-fiber-arms-matte

Threaded Mount Insert (1/4-20 for BYOD attaching) -- https://www.67d.com/products/cf-carbon-fiber-series-camera-mount?variant=40737101709502

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had difficulty determining what would work and what wouldn't but I went for this combination and it works fantastic. I got the Mini sized Carbon Arm and its just right, any taller and it would interfere with the window/mirror but you do you.

Magnetic Mount -- https://www.67d.com/products/universal-magmount-g2-device-holder-for-android-ios-and-other-devices

Carbon Fiber Arm -- https://www.67d.com/products/carbon-fiber-arms-matte

Threaded Mount Insert (1/4-20 for BYOD attaching) -- https://www.67d.com/products/cf-carbon-fiber-series-camera-mount?variant=40737101709502
Can you please post a pic of this setup? It looks like 67D has a Bronco-specific rail too, except it’s sold out.
Sponsored