First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope my week of 8/23 build is far off enough for course corrections to be made with these damn Webasto tops! I guess this is what warranties are for though, haha.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope my week of 8/23 build is far off enough for course corrections to be made with these damn Webasto tops! I guess this is what warranties are for though, haha.
Dear, Ford

I know I was kinda salty in my last email. I promise to shut the fuck up, if you just send me a problem free Bronco. Preferably in the next 3 years.

Thank you dark overlord

Sponsored
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I doubt the coating you’re using is causing that. Likely that you didn’t notice it before. 🤞🏼
I trust Meguiars and have never seen any adverse reaction so I'm almost sure it's not the cause. Maybe it just highlighted the problem? No idea what the dealer uses (or didn't use) to prep the vehicle in the first place. There were absolutely no visual cues like this before.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely was not there or not at all noticable. It's pretty obvious in person now. Looks prematurely UV aged
Report it to the dealer asap. My JL hard top is on it's 2nd Vegas summer - outside all day almost every day without any fade or issues. You should not expect any less from yours.
Bummer to see that on your new ride.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I haven't seen any mention or photos of this phenomenon yet. Just today I noticed a honeycomb or snakeskin like pattern starting to appear on most of the rear shell.

Anyone else also experience this? Is it UV related? Reaction with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? Something internal? 🤔

Interested in hearing some theories...

View attachment 143748
View attachment 143751
Bad mold process. Not enough layers. Also I notice along some of the upper back edges weren't finished. There have been others with this problem even on the inside back area. You may want to check there too.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I trust Meguiars and have never seen any adverse reaction so I'm almost sure it's not the cause. Maybe it just highlighted the problem? No idea what the dealer uses (or didn't use) to prep the vehicle in the first place. There were absolutely no visual cues like this before.
I think it’s more than likely that material curing. Shrinking while it cures. Mark the boundaries of where the pattern is. Leave it in the sun and take note of the pattern spreading. If it does, that’s exactly what’s happening

Sponsored
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Report it to the dealer asap. My JL hard top is on it's 2nd Vegas summer - outside all day almost every day without any fade or issues. You should not expect any less from yours.
Bummer to see that on your new ride.
Absolutely. Writing up and email as we speak and following up on the phone in the morning.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These tops are not giving me the warm and fuzzy

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’s more than likely that material curing. Shrinking while it cures. Mark the boundaries of where the pattern is. Leave it in the sun and take note of the pattern spreading. If it does, that’s exactly what’s happening
I happen to work with a lot of plastics experts. Definitely going to bounce this off of them tomorrow. Seems like a reasonable theory.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear, Ford

I know I was kinda salty in my last email. I promise to shut the fuck up, if you just send me a problem free Bronco. Preferably in the next 3 years.

Thank you dark overlord
I hope whoever the Ford vendor manager is for Webasto and their boss is drummed out! The only excuse Ford has logistically is the chip shortage. Everything else is squarely on them.
Sponsored