Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't seen any mention or photos of this phenomenon yet. Just today I noticed a honeycomb or snakeskin like pattern starting to appear on most of the rear shell.

Anyone else also experience this? Is it UV related? Reaction with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? Something internal? 🤔

Interested in hearing some theories...
Webasto workmanship!
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is probably some of the worst weve seen in awhile. And is a very bad sign. This should 100% be a sticky thread.

For selfish reasons I really hope this was noticed by Ford thus the push out for August builds to ensure quality of the MIC. Otherwise they’d be staring down the barrel of many many replacement tops.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

O M G !! I thought German products meant quality .... Ford better penalize those clowns running the show
They will back charge Webasto like crazy.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. Some company could really make a killing by coming out with a decent hard top roof. Make it one piece for all I care. Just make it not suck

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is probably some of the worst weve seen in awhile. And is a very bad sign. This should 100% be a sticky thread.

For selfish reasons I really hope this was noticed by Ford thus the push out for August builds to ensure quality of the MIC. Otherwise they’d be staring down the barrel of many many replacement tops.
Considering this gentleman top was QC’d by Webasto, Ford and then his dealer and still found its way to his garage, not so sure tbh

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, that’s bad. Had I not already switched to a soft top, this would have put me over the edge.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’d think one of these Bronco aftermarket companies would have jumped on making a top for the Broncos instead of worrying about random decals, and external lights. They would be making a fortune! BTW, if ” this” top made it out of the MAP imagine what the tops that had “ bad roof” written on them must have been like. Suddenly my MY 22 two door becomes a 23 minimum. They went with the right package name “ Sasquatch”. Because I have seen just as many Sasquatch as I have Bronco two doors in my garage.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just keep repeating to myself 'its only $700... its only $700.."

Ford has some of the best engineers in the world but apparently even they cannot design a functional hard top roof for only $700.. Resin is EXPENSIVE.

My guess is the cost goes up so they can spend a little more time and money on each unit. I'm fine spending something like $1500 is the roof is quality.

Jeep basic hard top roof is $1495.. 2x the cost of the Ford roof.

I think this is a simple case where Ford tried to make the part as affordable (cheap) as possible and its now backfiring.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626633862846

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I haven't seen any mention or photos of this phenomenon yet. Just today I noticed a honeycomb or snakeskin like pattern starting to appear on most of the rear shell.

Anyone else also experience this? Is it UV related? Reaction with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? Something internal? 🤔

Interested in hearing some theories...
Yes, there have been reports on a number of bad roofs being shipped out of Webasto, Ford caught some but some were sent to dealers and customers. This is delamination of the edges due to the tooling not properly finishing the edges in the molding process.

Have your dealer write it up as a warranty issue and ask them to contact their Ford Regional Rep, they should have more information on what Ford is going to do for resolution. This is why Ford wants everyone to switch to softtops as Webasto is unable to ship enough hardtops that don't look like yours.

These threads covers more:
I inspected a “BAD ROOF” 2 door

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.

Last edited:

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I applied the wax almost exactly 24 hours ago. Didn't notice anything this morning. Went to get pick up the kid and get groceries. Were out maybe 3 hours total. I just noticed when we returned and unpacked.
That is not good, Steve. I'm sorry you are going through this...definitely report it right away. These MIC top issues have me second-guessing the vehicle at this point. 😩
Sponsored