Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Video of owners bringing their Broncos home
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 29FF1C89-07E5-4702-B2FB-6BB3D3A77086

Of course I’m kidding, but seriously Ford/Webasto need to figure out this MIC top stuff soon. Annoying how so many things on that one specific part keep coming up
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just keep repeating to myself 'its only $700... its only $700.."
*It's only a $700 upgrade*

You have to account for the fact you loose the soft top and it's associated value. Heck the twill retractable bestop is $2200 from the accessories page.

Going to be some big sticker shock when the hard tops hit the accessories catalogs.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is not good, Steve. I'm sorry you are going through this...definitely report it right away. These MIC top issues have me second-guessing the vehicle at this point. 😩
No worries, the aftermarket has you covered. ;)

BnmzVPWI2wdud99vwJ_zz1GjVvtmAVioZkxzkFDRwvQ.jpg

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just keep repeating to myself 'its only $700... its only $700.."

Ford has some of the best engineers in the world but apparently even they cannot design a functional hard top roof for only $700.. Resin is EXPENSIVE.

My guess is the cost goes up so they can spend a little more time and money on each unit. I'm fine spending something like $1500 is the roof is quality.

Jeep basic hard top roof is $1495.. 2x the cost of the Ford roof.

I think this is a simple case where Ford tried to make the part as affordable (cheap) as possible and its now backfiring.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern BnmzVPWI2wdud99vwJ_zz1GjVvtmAVioZkxzkFDRwvQ
$700 top? Ugh no lmao. That’s the upgrade price over a $2000 OEM soft top.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, there have been reports on a number of bad roofs being shipped out of Webasto, Ford caught some but some were sent to dealers and customers. This is delamination of the edges due to the tooling not properly finishing the edges in the molding process.

Have your dealer write it up as a warranty issue and ask them to contact their Ford Regional Rep, they should have more information on what Ford is going to do for resolution. This is why Ford wants everyone to switch to softtops as Webasto is unable to ship enough hardtops that don't look like yours.

These threads covers more:
I inspected a “BAD ROOF” 2 door

I don’t want to worry 2DR buyers but this doesn’t look good.
Thanks @North7 I've skimmed the "Bad roof" threads but missed any mention of visible honeycomb. Dealer will be made aware early tomorrow. 👍

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*It's only a $700 upgrade*
The soft top has no value to me. Zero. I wouldn't use it for firewood. The soft top personally offends me just by existing. I will assign zero value to such a degenerate concept. Or I forgot a word and you guys are Cunningham's law personified.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is not good, Steve. I'm sorry you are going through this...definitely report it right away. These MIC top issues have me second-guessing the vehicle at this point. 😩
If i could go soft top on my WT right now i would(never thought i'd say that), then just order the black modular when it becomes available. REALLY don't want to drop the WT trim.

Last edited:

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's amazing they can't get the top right. My JLU top is pretty flawless, even the inside looks nice. A friends 20 year old TJ hardtop still looks good inside and out. The top is becoming my biggest concern on the Bronco. I don't like the soft top look at all on but will have a chance next week to examine up close. May be time to change to soft top not for faster delivery but for a decent product.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This photo is in the first link I posted.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern c678e330-58e1-421d-b62e-d84544b4b879-jpe
We're talking about 2 different things 😉
I'm talking about seeing the honeycomb through the exterior surface plastic. Almost as if it's semitranspatent.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
that looks like crap Webasto work , can't they figure out the mixture for the mold?
who makes the tops for Jeep ? if it's Webasto then why can't they use the same mixture for the ford broncos
just saw a jeep this morning and looked at the top very closely , it was really nice texture / color .
why can't they begin to use the same for the Bronco?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't seen any mention or photos of this phenomenon yet. Just today I noticed a honeycomb or snakeskin like pattern starting to appear on most of the rear shell.

Anyone else also experience this? Is it UV related? Reaction with Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax? Something internal? 🤔

Interested in hearing some theories...

View attachment 143748
View attachment 143751
I was in a Ford showroom yesterday looking at a 2 door with MIC top. Same defect- dealer knew it, Ford knows it. Dealer not sure how Ford is going to fix it.
Sponsored