Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hope everything works out for the OP. Ford isn’t the greatest with plastics and or fiberglass. My old explorer, and just about everyone else’s, had the cracked composite rear panel.

Fords response to me at the time (and why I am not very sympathetic to them now) was it was cosmetic and my problem. When I asked if this is how they wanted to treat their customers their response was, and I quote “we sell enough vehicles, we don’t care about how you feel as a customer.” This was a supervisor on their customer service line. They then asked for the dealer name that was trying to help me, and then said they were going to fine the dealer for telling me that it was a systematic problem, and they made good on it. Felt horrible as the dealer had tried very hard to get the problem corrected for me.

The transmission went out at 44,000 miles. We sold it, and after being life long Ford buyers, walked away until the Bronco launch. I hope Ford does right by their customers and changes their approach to how they handle cosmetic defects. I will be following this thread closely.

940E7C4B-93AA-47AA-AEE5-7DDB26A1A1FD.jpeg

F524FB0E-D7B4-4F0D-A429-28334A620812.jpeg

106ABB46-B661-44AE-B561-FEF38AE8E07F.jpeg

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Outer layer appears to be on the thin side as @PREMiERdrum eluded to above.

PS. Thank you, Ross, for the insight as always!
The Big Bend 2dr I drove the other day looked like the top section of the roof didnt have enough plastic in the injection mold. The back corners had over a 1/4" gap and the edges looked like they were cut with a butterknife. This could be the problem.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Without knowing many design or manufacturing details, my gut instinct as an engineer is that this MIC top is looking like an overly complicated design by Ford that is difficult to manufacture. There shouldn’t be such an opportunity for errors that cause this many defects. Webasto the scapegoat?
I’m sure it worked on paper…. Lol

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope everything works out for the OP. Ford isn’t the greatest with plastics and or fiberglass. My old explorer, and just about everyone else’s, had the cracked composite rear panel.

Fords response to me at the time (and why I am not very sympathetic to them now) was it was cosmetic and my problem. When I asked if this is how they wanted to treat their customers their response was, and I quote “we sell enough vehicles, we don’t care about how you feel as a customer.” This was a supervisor on their customer service line. They then asked for the dealer name that was trying to help me, and then said they were going to fine the dealer for telling me that it was a systematic problem, and they made good on it. Felt horrible as the dealer had tried very hard to get the problem corrected for me.

The transmission went out at 44,000 miles. We sold it, and after being life long Ford buyers, walked away until the Bronco launch. I hope Ford does right by their customers and changes their approach to how they handle cosmetic defects. I will be following this thread closely.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 106ABB46-B661-44AE-B561-FEF38AE8E07F

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 106ABB46-B661-44AE-B561-FEF38AE8E07F

Oh, that Machens tag reminds me of the shitty Ford dealer where I grew up in Missouri.

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That what happens when you don't use experienced engineers, it all looks fine to interns.
Also happens when you give engineering problems to project managers.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Maybe there should be a fixed roof option? "

Oh, that's right. This idea was beaten up a few months ago. Profusely. About the face and head. 🤏
Nope, still hate the idea. I'll take a honeycombed split edged removable top over a flawless fixed roof every single time.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well they held up these 6-28-6-30 blends and some from before, so I would say when mine that’s marked as shipped gets here after sitting for 2 weeks for rechecks has issues I’d be slightly disappointed.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't want a hardtop with my future white two door OBX, anyways...Why pay for something not going to use, c'mon man it's Florida... : )

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm guessing that the outer resin isn't thick enough. Once again indicating that Webasto is employing something between a brick and an armadillo to run their stamping machines.
There is a bunch of new hires there I rember reading on hear that ford sent a bunch of it’s workers during plant shutdown to train new employees. From what else I read the working environment is horrible and the people that run webasto is horrible. I’d rather ford just move on from webasto I waited this long I’ll wait longer . I just want my bronco built wright
Sponsored