First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Despicable Ford quality control. Everyone knew the first handful of these were going to get extra attention. Thanks to all the new Bronco owners for beta testing the first batch of these on your dime. I will have more confidence when they come out with a hybrid powertrain Raptor version with the Gen 2 hard top...
Ford should issue the following statement: "anyone who owns a 2021 Bronco will get a new hardtop at any time with no questions asked- it will be delivered and installed free of charge"
Sponsored

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I know is that they are charging us in the neighborhood of $55,000 for this vehicle, we shouldn't be backpedaling our options to meet Ford's ineptitude, Ford needs to pick up their pants and get back to work! This is what happens when marketing gets way ahead of engineering. Lots of promises, poor delivery!

jganna_USMC

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just switched to the soft top.
Hopefully they will get the hard top hashed out soon

FWIW - I work for Ford (Axle Plant) and we had one of our supervisors go to Webasto for 2 months to oversee operations and he said, by the time he left things were getting better :rolleyes:
He also did say that Ford is scrutinizing every top that is produced.

Last edited:

VonMussa

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 4Runner, 2015 Yukon XL, 1968 Datsun Roadster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's some irony for you:
the 8th most recalled vehicle since 2015:
Toyota 4Runner
Recall rate: 1.98
Compared to average: 2.5 times above average
It also ranks #1 in reliability - as reported by consumers.
Neither Ford (or Jeep) have a vehicle in the top 10 (of recalls)
Across all models Toyota has the most recalls in 2020, with Ford 2nd and FCA 4th.
Mercedes C class tops the recall list with the BMW 3 & 4 series in third.

The 4Runner's reliability is spoken in hushed tones and has reached legendary status (Merc & BMW also to a lesser extent) but the vehicle has had real design/manufacturing issues that needed to be corrected 'on the fly'.
In no way I excusing Ford for these tops - the quality of the ones being shipped is completely unexceptable - and makes you wonder how bad the ones being held back must be. However, unless you plan on going with a vehicle with a well established platform, the grass may not be as green as you think...
Says the guy driving Land Rovers.......

All kidding aside, I have a 2010 (first model year of the 5thgen) 4Runner.
I had a recall on the headlight (cosmetic issues)
Had a faulty wheel sensor
Sunroof has leaked for years, dealer never figured it out. I just found the drains last year.
The diff has leaked since I've owned it.

Yes, its reliable. I have never been close to stranded. Its started flawlessly every time for the past 12ish years. Its gotten me to work through some bad Michigan storms. But to say its been a problem free experience would be stretching it.

MDPensfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jeep and Jeep owners are collectively laughing aloud and pointing at Ford. Again, I reiterate my early take on the whole Bronco roll-out. This had not been planned for 8 years prior. This was a last minute rush to deliver and Ford got their tit caught in the wringer.
I'm gonna have to add tit caught in the wringer to my lexicon.

Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the 8th most recalled vehicle since 2015:
Toyota 4Runner
Recall rate: 1.98
Compared to average: 2.5 times above average
It also ranks #1 in reliability - as reported by consumers.

On the other hand - this could mean Toyota is just more conscientious about doing recalls - while Ford and Jeep are fighting them tooth & nail -

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am buying some stock in this. This IS the new worse Monday read.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626703784705

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After reading this thread, I went back to our local Ford dealership to checkout the First Edition that just arrived for a retail customer. MIC top looked fine (no honeycomb). Edges don't look to good though. See first pic.

Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern 1626703784705

DAMN! On a 60k vehicle! That’s effing unacceptable! What a cluster this has turned into!

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not Good, I am going to stop complaining about waiting for MY23 Painted MOD top. Take your time FORD and figure this out!!!!

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If someone sees this on their delivery and inspection what steps should they take? Should we be refusing delivery and losing our bronco or what?

Just want to get some steps out there for those this happens too.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone sees this on their delivery and inspection what steps should they take? Should we be refusing delivery and losing our bronco or what?

Just want to get some steps out there for those this happens too.
Since this is a new model most dealers have not seen enough to determine what is abnormal. Best case is your dealer sees it during PDI, makes a new repair order for this concern and starts a claim weather it be via normal warranty process or through digital imaging. Either way, any replacement part will most likely win the "back ordered part of the decade" award, so just be patient.
Sponsored