NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So bummed for you, just horrible. Did your dealer say anything when you took delivery? That might be one of the worst I have seen. Makes me nervous for my pending delivery.
I had the dealer not even touch the exterior before delivery, no detailing or washing. Like I said I thought the marks were dirt and or window chalk/marker etc which was all over the windows too, but that washed off no issue. Snakeskin is visible at certain angles more so than others. Didnā€™t note them at delivery, but submitting now (~24h later).
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wow, that's so bad that you can't even use it to make a new mold out of... I was initially going to say that the MIC top could have been used to make forms out of for a nice handmade CF top... But it's not even good enough for that.

Flagstaff

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335ix / NB miata/ ā€˜60 TR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the dealer not even touch the exterior before delivery, no detailing or washing. Like I said I thought the marks were dirt and or window chalk/marker etc which was all over the windows too. Snakeskin is visible at certain angles more so than others. Didnā€™t note them at delivery, but submitting now (~24h later).
Please keep us informed what you dealer has to say. They should have caught that even during a walk around.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are some of the issues with my MIC top at delivery on 7/21

Scratching and scuffing all over, thought it was dirt at delivery but wonā€™t come off
4F35A361-1A05-4237-ACD5-F605CA371C51.jpeg

11080782-ECFC-4EB9-96FE-35887F368792.jpeg

Random dimples
64530EAC-7449-404B-9023-EB35DEFB0BDD.jpeg

Weirdness near some of the edges (material folded? Not pushed far enough?)
8A3E0B66-EA65-451E-AD48-8BE4EA2AA424.jpeg

snakeskin, of course
B5E4D803-B422-437F-9197-CB72048A67A3.jpeg

FEB7E9F0-E073-4331-933C-F6F676906EB0.jpeg

Bubbles in whatever sticker they use to hide the raw MIC inside
AFBDFBDB-DCBA-4198-8615-D14325E27B59.jpeg

F75637E6-8E2E-451C-AADA-2D96388FCF95.jpeg
That is garbage. Unacceptable. Sorry dudeā€¦..theyā€™ll make it right in time, but how does that not end up in the ā€œbad roofā€ shit pile weā€™ve seen pictures of?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is garbage. Unacceptable. Sorry dudeā€¦..theyā€™ll make it right in time, but how does that not end up in the ā€œbad roofā€ shit pile weā€™ve seen pictures of?
To be clear, so long as Ford makes it right, I am happy to have the vehicle now rather than delivery being blocked by the top. All signs point to the rest of the Becky the Bronco being 100% amazing so far.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be clear, so long as Ford makes it right, I am happy to have the vehicle now rather than delivery being blocked by the top. All signs point to the rest of the Becky the Bronco being 100% amazing so far.
Agreed. I would tooā€¦ā€¦but damn, couldnā€™t they find one a little less shitty?

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So bummed for you, just horrible. Did your dealer say anything when you took delivery? That might be one of the worst I have seen. Makes me nervous for my pending delivery.
And also, did you say anything to the dealer?

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OMG Becky... šŸ˜‚

Definitely worst I've seen/definitely taking notes. Keep us posted on claim progress, or lack thereof.

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wait for a MOD top is gonna be KILLER now. There was already pent up demand, and now people that donā€™t wanna risk the MIC (and rightfully so), want a MOD too so it will be worse

Ford: let us option and pay for dual tops starting now. We get the bronco now with a soft top, then when the mods are ready we get those shipped in large quantities to the dealer and we pickup there.

That way we get guaranteed price and production and you can get Broncos out of the factory NOW
Isn't going to happen.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haven't read all 38 pages, but damn, that's just not acceptable. I'm glad I switched to soft top for now, I'll happily take wrinkly rear windows (won't care one bit) over this mess. How can it be so hard to make these roofs? Webasto has been in the business for a very long time, very successfully. Maybe the engineering/design of these just goes beyond what materials can actually do. Hope they figure it out, eventually I'd like to add a hard top to mine. If it ever gets built, LOL.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
fuck, imagine what ours look like.

Entropy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is unfurtunate. I actually cancelled my reservation last month. I just got a gut feeling Ford isn't ready. If the hey have these issues with the top I cant imagine what else is lurking.

It is ok though, this is normal. Theyll figure things out. Ill just have to wait another 2~3 years. Was really hoping to have a Bronco parked next to my JL wrangler.

Whats interesting is that the same company makes Jeeps tops. Youd figured theyll get it right since theyve been making these for do many years. I guess thats why Jeep went with the 3 piece design.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the honeycomb structure is actually very strong and light. it was used as a core structure where carbon fiber overlayments were bonded to the honeycomb core. this type structure is used in numerous cowlings, floor panels and rotor blades on military aircraft. the strength and light weight of this composite structure is phenomenal. the weight strength difference between fiberglass is almost to the point of no comparison. if done right, this structure is great. on a roof, the weight of a fiberglass top would easily double the weight of honeycomb. it looks like there should be better quality control. to me the product seems like a great choice, the execution seems to be the problem. worst case scenario, maybe a gel coat over the exterior of the top might be a way to get the best of both worlds, a painted top and the light weight rigidity of the honeycomb top.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to me the product seems like a great choice, the execution seems to be the problem.
Unfortunately, I think Ford was overly ambitious with the design. I would much rather have a heavy top that is durable. The thin exterior layer that scratches and dents so easily is not a winner. Wasn't it supposed to be more scratch-resistant than the glossy painted top?

How so many of these tops are getting badly scraped/scuffed/dented in shipping is a mystery. Are they really that fragile or is there a gang of jealous jeep fans beating them with a stick in the rail yard?
Sponsored