First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had been holding out for the MIC but I’m wavering now. I’ll talk to my dealer and see if my December res and a soft top would move me into the realm of his allocation. I may also wait a bit longer to see how Ford addresses this. They may come out with a program that benefits those who hold out for the MIC. It’s all a gamble!
Interesting times for sure!
If the issue involved safety, I would be more confident of a Ford solution. It may be cosmetic and annoying. In that case, live with it might be the Ford reply.
Options to consider for 2-door owners are more limited. Change to priority 99 and reassess when time comes to place the MY22 order. Or, maybe let the gamble ride and walk away when it hits the dealer lot if Ford made a decision which places all the financial risk on the shoulders of the buyer.
Always options to consider! Unfortunately this takes away some of the joy of ownership.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn't disagree more:

1. I've got the cash; Ford wants it
2. I've got a better credit rating than Ford; so I can sit on my cards longer
3. The Bronco image/reputation is crumbling by the minute - much like the MIC top
I completely disagree with you. Even if we all cancel our orders, the net result is that we will be without the vehicle we wanted and they will still sell it. They have the upper hand, and can essentially handle this however they want and get away with it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting times for sure!
If the issue involved safety, I would be more confident of a Ford solution. It may be cosmetic and annoying. In that case, live with it might be the Ford reply.
Options to consider for 2-door owners are more limited. Change to priority 99 and reassess when time comes to place the MY22 order. Or, maybe let the gamble ride and walk away when it hits the dealer lot if Ford made a decision which places all the financial risk on the shoulders of the buyer.
Always options to consider! Unfortunately this takes away some of the joy of ownership.

Delaminating tops is more than cosmetic.​

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with you there. I am thinking that there will be some news from Ford before they schedule more 2dr builds, so I haven't 99'ed yet. I hope that is the right call.

If Ford gave assurances that a durable redesigned top will be available to purchase in ~18mos for $3K installed then it would be easier to accept a potentially flawed hard top or 2dr soft top.

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, as res holders, I don't see how we have many cards to play - what leverage do we have? If the res holders disappear what does Ford care? Then they sell our Broncos w $20k markup? Maybe Ford wants res holders to disappear?

For 2Dr res holders it seems our only option is keep holding on - and buy whatever Ford sends to us ?
Been Ford customer 45+ years and still have 04 Fusion, & 14 Taurus. My ‘85 Bronco is long gone and still wiping the tears. Don’t know what you got till it’s gone AND NOW? This must be “The Wild” Ford is talking about!

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got my Bronco yesterday and for the first time in my life opted for extended warranty. Went to six years/75,000 miles. Plan to keep this beauty a long time, and would be surprised if there aren’t a few bugs in this first year model. Ford NAILED it in general with this Bronco, but I know glitches will pop up.

Side note: I did have a relatively small roll bar paint scrape on one side from the soft top frame (I assume) that was already there from the factory. Likely from contact when the frame was installed. I lowered and raised the top last night, however, carefully and with no contact. I’ll just dab touch-up paint or even color it in with a Sharpie on the one small spot.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got my Bronco yesterday and for the first time in my life opted for extended warranty. Went to six years/75,000 miles. Plan to keep this beauty a long time, and would be surprised if there aren’t a few bugs in this first year model. Ford NAILED it in general with this Bronco, but I know glitches will pop up.

Side note: I did have a relatively small roll bar paint scrape on one side from the soft top frame (I assume) that was already there from the factory. Likely from contact when the frame was installed. I lowered and raised the top last night, however, carefully and with no contact. I’ll just dab touch-up paint or even color it in with a Sharpie on the one small spot.
Make note of it with your dealer so the issue gets documented . Ford monitors this stuff and if people don’t report damage it will never get fixed

702_SR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been wondering about 'care' products myself....with all the fancy chemistry involved in plastics today, I think we need a manufacturer's recommendation. Anyone seen one yet?
[Apologies if this was already posted]
Below is an excerpt from the owners manual currently available online at this link: click here for owners manual
I found this on page 369 of the PDF:
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern NoWax.JPG

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

[Apologies if this was already posted]
Below is an excerpt from the owners manual currently available online at this link: click here for owners manual
I found this on page 369 of the PDF:
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern NoWax.JPG
Already posted as well as the OP clarifying that he didn't put wax on it. (That is just the running joke on the board). It was more like an plastic safe protectant (think armor all like).

The top issue is result of a bad product, not user error.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, if you try cleaning the top with a de-greaser like simple green to remove the wax you didn't put on, does it change anything in the (honeycomb) appearance?

OP
OP
DETT

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, if you try cleaning the top with a de-greaser like simple green to remove the wax you didn't put on, does it change anything in the (honeycomb) appearance?
I washed 2 large spots with Dawn dish soap and it made no difference in appearance. As previously mentioned, the others who have developed the same issues have never "waxed" their tops to begin with.

The flogging will continue until morale improves...
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern beat-dead-horse

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The flogging will continue until morale improves...
Ford Bronco [Updated 7/20] Early Delivered Bronco MIC Top Developing Honeycomb / Snakeskin Pattern beat-dead-horse
Steve, you will be a new man after this. Hardened in the fire of Bronco6G.
Sponsored