First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're correct, none of us know what broke yet.
I disagree, I know exactly what broke, a 2021 Ford Bronco, that's what broke - and it isn't even 2022 yet.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure you're wrong....
Screenshot_20210728-073334_Drive.jpg

Also, trailer sway control is listed as a standard feature on the base model
Screenshot_20210728-074652_Drive.jpg
Wtf! I stand corrected, good sir
Im almost certain it wasn't listed last year though 🤷🏼‍♂️

jxosa

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vette, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 3.08.08 PM.png

You mean you expect it to handle terrain that it advertises on its website? That's ridiculous! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

If there is sand where it shouldn't belong, that's not on you. That's poor equipment design for its G.O.A.T. modes...
I don't understand this either why insurance The dealer is screwing you .doesn't the warranty cover defects in the vehicle during the warranty period?

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...&utm_content=www.instagram.com/p/CR391-hlsnV/ Car and driver went out to silver lake as well.

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Original Post
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

IMG_5314.jpg

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Spoke with the dealer today, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Sponsored

DougP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just out of curiosity, how many times has your Jeep left you stranded on a easy gravel road or after driving on the sand?

Reliability and confidence when using an off-road vehicle in mild off-road situations is a concern right now. (Sounding to me like AdvanceTrac is not off-road hardened enough - too electronicy/
Just out of curiosity, how many times has your Jeep left you stranded on a easy gravel road or after driving on the sand?

Reliability and confidence when using an off-road vehicle in mild off-road situations is a concern right now. (Sounding to me like AdvanceTrac is not off-road hardened enough - too electronicy/ sensory for the environment as currently engineered.)
pretty irrelevant from where i sit at the moment, hence why i said it was something i would follow.

Seems like every new vehicle (particularly brand new) has serious teething issues.

i had to lose the wrangler for a Cherokee for work back when they first came out. mine still wobbles left to right/right to left. Multiple accounts of them just shutting off as well. serious lag in throttle response getting onto the highway or merging at times (almost became a hood ornament for an 18 wheeler)

i'm not in a rush (or more to the point) a position to buy right now, so i have the luxury of following this and seeing how it plays out.

but I would also ask you, how many times have you come close to getting into an altercation with someone from the service department? and how many times have you had to print out from a forum the diagnosis and fix to a vehicle problem because they couldn't?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke with the dealer today, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.
Holy cow. At least you were past the break-in period so they can't blame you for that. Wonder if they will offer a buy-back? I wouldn't want my brand new car taken apart by a dealership with 1,000 miles on it.

DougP.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ouch!

hope a new vehicle courtesy of ford is tops on the list of next steps.....

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now that just sucks in every way possible. Sorry @mmcq , let's hope they sort the cause and resolve it quickly.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How is that even possible unless they didn't put oil in? Even then, you'd surely get some sort of low oil warning these days, right?

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ouch!

hope a new vehicle courtesy of ford is tops on the list of next steps.....
And wait....oh, 4-6 months at best?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Holy cow. Wild if true.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe I should be rethinking my plan to put 50% down....
Sponsored