First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Too right. There aren’t any capable off-road vehicles available from other manufacturers with tops that aren’t disintegrating. A shame, really
Are some of you new to Earth?
When a brand new model comes out, from any manufacturer, there are ALWAYS issues. If the hard top issues from a vendor are freaking your tender sensibilities out this much then you were probably driving it to the mall and not off-roading anyway. Some people revel in finding fault and pointing their crooked fingers in every direction they can, especially online.
Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That same warning came up on mine last night on drive home (no engine loss). I got it home and could not get it to repeat today.
Mine is 400 miles in with no offroading yet. Could be unrelated to playing in the big sandbox
My check eng light is on, so I checked my fordpass and it read emissions sensor default. I called the dealer and they said bring it by we will make sure the exhaust isn't leaking and we will order you a sensor. "I should be fine until then". No issues everything is running excellent so far. part comes in monday.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not at all. if there is a serious problem, I want to know how Ford is fixing it And how I can resolve it if it happens to me, not 12 pages of goat videos that and bitching. not every thread should be a therapy session for those upset or with hurt feelings. What is the problem, what are the solutions? 12 pages of b******* it's just not helpful.
Some of us who understand manufacturing rationally suggested it was a manufacturing defect.

Guess what...

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When a brand new model comes out, from any manufacturer, there are ALWAYS issues. If the hard top issues from a vendor are freaking your tender sensibilities out this much then you were probably driving it to the mall and not off-roading anyway. Some people revel in finding fault and pointing their crooked fingers in every direction they can, especially online.
You mean like when you insinuated that it was the OPs fault. Just saying, you throw stones, get ready to have people throw them back.

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If we lived in a world were reality wasn't in play then you'd be right. But we don't. There's no way that a new vehicles first run - during a ONCE IN A LIFETIME PANDEMIC - was going to have zero issues. Not Tesla, not Chevy, not any manufacturer has pulled it off even without the issues we've faced in 2020-21.
On a side note, I'm happy that school is still out for you. Enjoy the summer and good luck with 8th grade.
I think at this point it’s safe to say there was a quality issue, and that’s that. It’s fair to discuss it on a site designed to talk about the Bronco, good and bad. You’re acting like this is your product and taking things personally. Chill out a little.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somehow I find this rant hypocritical.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Children be bickering in this thread, and by children I mean people who are at least 150% of my age…

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously appreciate the follow-ups from you and the quickness that Ford appears to have around making this right.

Sponsored

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The engine will be completely replaced under warranty.
Good news. Sorry you had to through this but glad you're on track for a nice ending to the story. Hopefully the dealer gave you a decent loaner.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update 7/29
Ford engineer came to the dealership to investigate, found cylinder 6 had a dropped valve, which caused the engine to seize up. The engine will be completely replaced under warranty. Ford will be taking the old engine back to Dearborn for further investigation into the root cause but at this point, it appears to be a fluke manufacturing defect. Should be pretty quick, engine is being overnighted to dealer so should have it sometime next week. Kudos to the Ford engineering team because it sounded like once the hotline case was opened, Ford made it a priority to investigate and determine resolution.

I didn't get an explanation in regard to the "Trailer Brake System Fault" and "Service Advancetrac" errors but it seems reasonable that the onboard computer would start freaking out after the engine shut down, so right now I'm chalking it up to that.

Dealer mentioned that they will pass on any additional root cause analysis and I'll update if/when I find out more details. I really appreciate the comments and support from 6G, kept me sane in an otherwise pretty awful week.

Update 7/28
Spoke with the dealer, current indication is that the engine actually seized up. I'm not exactly sure how that relates to the ABS/AdvanceTrac/Trailer Brake system warnings, but I guess that does explain why the engine would not turn over. Being a brand new vehicle, dealer opened a hotline with Ford Engineering to investigate further, understand exactly what happened, and propose next steps. Should hopefully know more in the next few days.

Original Post
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run tenor

Some more info / Q&A from thread:

Doors on the entire time.

The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Thanks for the update, hopefully people will actually read it and not start more urban myths.

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the update, hopefully people will actually read it and not start more urban myths.
Glad the resolution is so quick in coming. Sure that this happened to you, but its good to hear that Ford is taking care if you quickly.
I just attended the Off Roadeo Texas event this weekend and I am so fired up. I went up so slick rock that I've never even thought of trying before. It was amazing!
Can't wait own my own. :)

20210801_104224.jpg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad the resolution is so quick in coming. Sure that this happened to you, but its good to hear that Ford is taking care if you quickly.
I just attended the Off Roadeo Texas event this weekend and I am so fired up. I went up so slick rock that I've never even thought of trying before. It was amazing!
Can't wait own my own. :)

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run 20210801_104224
We just did day 1 of Off Roadeo. Helps to understand the engineering and intent of the Bronco for sure!
Sponsored