Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So sorry this happened.
Curious as to what "a lot of sand underneath means"?
My thought from watching Ford Bronco Marketing videos, is that I could do pretty much as I please in terms of off roading within reason. Sure there's limits, but what are the limits?
Hello Ford? What's up?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry this happened.
Curious as to what "a lot of sand underneath means"?
My thought from watching Ford Bronco Marketing videos, is that I could do pretty much as I please in terms of off roading within reason. Sure there's limits, but what are the limits?
Hello Ford? What's up?
Go back to the opening post and read the latest update from 7/29 at the top.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are some of you new to Earth?
When a brand new model comes out, from any manufacturer, there are ALWAYS issues. If the hard top issues from a vendor are freaking your tender sensibilities out this much then you were probably driving it to the mall and not off-roading anyway. Some people revel in finding fault and pointing their crooked fingers in every direction they can, especially online.
Not true. My present vehicle is a Kia Stinger. it was a new model when I bought it. No issues and have had it for 3 years

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not true. My present vehicle is a Kia Stinger. it was a new model when I bought it. No issues and have had it for 3 years
Well, what I was talking about had nothing to do with a single person buying a single vehicle and having no issues with it. What I was talking about, clearly, was that when manufacturers put out a first run vehicle, in general there are issues that pop up. I'm very happy that you're single vehicle in 3 years has had no issues for you. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the point that I was making. #Comprehension. Its a thing

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. There have been plenty of new vehicles that have been released with no real issues.

People just like to focus on things that enforce their belief, so when a First year does have a ton of issues, they can regurgitate the cliche.

The Bronco clearly has surpassed the "first year" excuses.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, you should ask for a replacement vehicle. The last thing you want is a brand new car that has had the engine replaced by the dealership. That’s asking for trouble and it’s not what I would consider resolution.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, you should ask for a replacement vehicle. The last thing you want is a brand new car that has had the engine replaced by the dealership. That’s asking for trouble and it’s not what I would consider resolution.
That is a ridiculous solution. The dealer isn’t rebuilding the engine, they are simply swapping it out with a new assembly from the factory. It happens all the time and isn’t problematic.

Some people on here have very unrealistic expectations.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is a ridiculous solution. The dealer isn’t rebuilding the engine, they are simply swapping it out with a new assembly from the factory. It happens all the time and isn’t problematic.

Exactly. It not like a one-off engine swap to a 5.0 L Coyote. It's a bolt-in part change no different than if a wheel bearing or axle shaft went bad.

Good post.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

TFL had the exact same situation with their first Defender (although the engine didn’t fully seize). Their dealership offered to replace the engine, provide a refund or offer a replacement vehicle. They declined the engine replacement on similar grounds and instead accepted a replacement. Granted they are TFL and were probably treated as a higher priority customer. But, still, their rationale in forgoing the replacement engine was solid and I agreed 100% with Roman on this. I wouldn’t consider a replacement engine in a new vehicle a resolution.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
TFL had the exact same situation with their first Defender (although the engine didn’t fully seize). Their dealership offered to replace the engine, provide a refund or offer a replacement vehicle. They declined the engine replacement on similar grounds and instead accepted a replacement. Granted they are TFL and were probably treated as a higher priority customer. But, still, their rationale in forgoing the replacement engine was solid and I agreed 100% with Roman on this. I wouldn’t consider a replacement engine in a new vehicle a resolution.
What is "TFL"?

AHop

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 F250 Highboy, '96 Miata M-Edition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And wait another year for it to be built? Using TFL's Defender as an example isn't valid here since they were able to get other Defenders on the dealer lot. Having a replacement engine is not a big deal and will fix all their problems. And guess what? If they have other problems because of the engine replacement, those will be covered under warranty, too.
Sponsored