First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol. Yeah right. Like they are going to tackle this one. The poor sap they have monitoring forums is probably hiding under his desk right.
Still, It's a good way to make people feel attended and to fix issues.
Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
they did pop-in on the soft-top rubbing thread and asked the OP to send them some info through PM. It does seem like they are trying to do something about some of these issues.

Peter
Im pretty sure it was a Ford rep that told me last week to “quit whining about my 1st world problems. It’s just a truck for Christ sakes…..now get out there in the Wild and stay pumped!”

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
they did pop-in on the soft-top rubbing thread and asked the OP to send them some info through PM. It does seem like they are trying to do something about some of these issues.

Peter
Meh.. They are here. But at this point I don’t have much faith in their ability to do anything. They are way behind in addressing issues that were known before these trucks left the factory.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run Captain America REF 1
Good luck and please keep us posted. Make sure the dealer documents it and gives Ford notice of the issue.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

jdaley

Base
First Name
jeremy daley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took my Bronco (Badlands, 2.7) to Silver Lake ORV Area in MI last week and spent a couple of hours tooling around the dunes. It was our first time on the dunes, I didn't baby it out there but also didn't do anything crazy that would land me on YouTube. Kept it in sand mode the entire time, had plenty of power, handled great, didn't get stuck. Overall, my family had a great time!

Made it about 80 miles down the road when this fault popped up on the dash. Was running fine on the way home up until then. No strange noises, temp levels normal, no noticeable leaks or anything. Next thing I knew, the engine stopped and we coasted to a halt on the side of the highway. Tried starting it a few times after letting it rest, but it would not even attempt to turn over, just kept displaying this error and the "Service Advancetrac" fault. All interior electronics were working fine, but ended up having to get it towed to the dealer.

It's still being diagnosed, but dealer mentioned a lot of sand underneath and that I might need to file a claim with my insurance which took me by surprise. Am I out of line thinking it should have been able to handle a trip to the dunes?

Hoping it's just a bad sensor or something minor. Love my Bronco but can't help feeling disappointed that it didn't make it back from it's first trip off-road.

Ford Bronco Updated 7/29 [Engine Seized, Full Replacement Under Warranty] My Bronco shut down after sand dunes run 1627331897531
Just curious, was there any warning lights on before the engine shut down? Or did it just shut off?? Let us know how this turns out and thanks for posting!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious, was there any warning lights on before the engine shut down? Or did it just shut off?? Let us know how this turns out and thanks for posting!!
The yellow check engine light came on about 5 seconds or so before the trailer brake fault and loss of power from engine. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I hear more.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your Bronco have the factory trailer towing package? I am assuming it does. Did you add a trailer brake controller to the Bronco? I assume not

Now for the bigger question on other Bronco owners who have reported the ABS warning light and "Service Advancetrac" warning message, did they have factory trailer tow on their Bronco's? Maybe they didn't have trailer tow and consequently didn't get the extra "Trailer Brake System Fault" you received. Although I don't think either of their vehicles completely shut down.

OP
OP

mmcq

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your Bronco have the factory trailer towing package? I am assuming it does. Did you add a trailer brake controller to the Bronco? I assume not

Now for the bigger question on other Bronco owners who have reported the ABS warning light and "Service Advancetrac" warning message, did they have factory trailer tow on their Bronco's? Maybe they didn't have trailer tow and consequently didn't get the extra "Trailer Brake System Fault" you received. Although I don't think either of their vehicles completely shut down.
Yes, I have the factory trailer towing package. Haven't towed anything yet. That would be interesting though because as you've mentioned we've seen a few ABS/Service Advancetrac errors pop up over the last few weeks.
Sponsored